Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St. Patrick's Daily Challenge Update!

Default St. Patrick's Daily Challenge Update!

Hey guys! We've decided to make a change to the way the Blarney World Daily Challenges work during St. Patrick's Week, and I wanted to give you a heads-up here so you have a bit of time to plan and strategize!

In short, repeating the same world over and over won't give you more points past the first run - now you'll have to complete at least SIX unique Blarney worlds before you can get points from one you've already finished! The intent behind this is to encourage a bit more in the way of Blarney knowledge and mastery, rather than having everyone run the same, most efficient world on an endless loop. At the same time, we recognize making you run through all nine worlds would also be problematic, so we wanted to give you some leeway in terms of strategizing the "perfect run".

So, to sum up: If you run a Blarney World for the Daily Challenge, you can't get points from it again until you finish five more unique ones.

As always, let us know your feedback, and may the luck o' the Irish be with ye!

That's cool! Makes me wanna play BLARNEY worlds again. Will there be St. Patrick's World Building Contest?
    IGN: ChickyBro

I like it. It wayyy more challenging
    And you forget to pinned this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I like it. It wayyy more challenging
    And you forget to pinned this thread
    I don't think I can. I'll wait to see if NekoRei takes pity on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Or move it to announcements

wait do we have to repeat it every single time, or just do the six once and all good? It sounds like every single time you need to keep doing six in a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    wait do we have to repeat it every single time, or just do the six once and all good?
    Repeat it each time. You can't get points for the same level twice in a row. Otherwise, people would just do the six unique levels once, then go back to running the most efficient one over and over.

I took pity! It's pinned now!

Repeat it each time. You can't get points for the same level twice in a row. Otherwise, people would just do the six unique levels once, then go back to running the most efficient one over and over.
    Alright thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    I took pity! It's pinned now!
    You're the best, NekoRei!

One more thing:

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Alrighty before this thread turns into dramarama, I will ask the devs if we can share some sneak peek.

Master Sorcerer

Seems like a good update to the daily challenge. So players will only gain points from the 6th BLARNEY world they completed or is it the combination of points of all the BLARNEY worlds they've finished? If I recall correctly, players gain more points if they finish BLARNEY9(18 points) compared to BLARNEY1(10 points).

If it's the combination of points, that would be interesting since some strategy is required.

Having to switch worlds after every completion is bound to go wrong with a "subserver_xyz is not currently allowing moves right now" as someone who plays a ton of daily challenges, switching worlds constantly sucks a ton, even more so that it's internet reliant on how fast you can switch

The 6 unique worlds at the start i can understand, having to alternate after that doesn't seem too great
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#8185
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

Great update to the Daily Challenge... Doesn't give my awful parkour skills any better chances of winning but it is a great way of promoting doing several BLARNEYS rather than the single most efficient one (which I think is BLARNEY8).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AT0MS View Post
    Having to switch worlds after every completion is bound to go wrong with a "subserver_xyz is not currently allowing moves right now" as someone who plays a ton of daily challenges, switching worlds constantly sucks a ton, even more so that it's internet reliant on how fast you can switch

The 6 unique worlds at the start i can understand, having to alternate after that doesn't seem too great
    Everybody will be at the same disadvantage though.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Lesser Wizard

Idk if I'm right. Can someone clarify for me. You do Blarney8 and once you complete Blarney8, you cannot get points from that world and you have to do blarney1,2,3,4 and 5 completed only then you can get points for blarney8 again and you will have to repeat those steps again. So it is like this: Blarney8 finish, move on to blarney1 then blarney2 then blarney 3 then blarney4 then blarney5 and repeat in order to get points? or is there a alternative to it?
    One of the best Kyderby racer in Growtopia.

Hope the parkour is simple since this is my first time
    My first try in March 17th ree

Heya folks, my IGN is MediaZeus
    or that guy who always gets disconnected anytime.

GrowTopia stats: INACTIVE | Forums stats: Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeRoy View Post
    Idk if I'm right. Can someone clarify for me. You do Blarney8 and once you complete Blarney8, you cannot get points from that world and you have to do blarney1,2,3,4 and 5 completed only then you can get points for blarney8 again and you will have to repeat those steps again. So it is like this: Blarney8 finish, move on to blarney1 then blarney2 then blarney 3 then blarney4 then blarney5 and repeat in order to get points? or is there a alternative to it?
    Exactly. You have to finish at least 6 different BLARNEY worlds before you can repeat the same one again.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ChickenDinner (GE)
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums
    NEWS Admin. Growstocks Staff. Growtopia Player since 2015.

That's intresting,and a good choice that ya guys don't do 9 Blarney at once xD
    IGN : Verkolyn | Ziasne
    Level : 75 [Not for Ziasne]
    I fight,Yet I fight,and even though i know there's no Reward ~ Nostalgia Tactics,Nostalgia For Nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Great update to the Daily Challenge... Doesn't give my awful parkour skills any better chances of winning but it is a great way of promoting doing several BLARNEYS rather than the single most efficient one (which I think is BLARNEY8).

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody will be at the same disadvantage though.
    Some people have better internet than others; disadvantage is not the same
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#8185
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

Quote Originally Posted by AT0MS View Post
    Some people have better internet than others; disadvantage is not the same
    I knew you'd come back with this argument but the developers can't model the game to fit the demands of people with slower internet speeds, if the change your internet speed makes to you entering and exiting worlds is that laggy, your internet speed probably isn't fast enough for you to do the St Patricks Daily Challenge at all.

I mean lag is really your problem, not the problem of the developers. Because it's an online game regardless of what the developers do; they can't change player's slow internet speeds.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653