Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are "rich" people Just Lucky?

Banned

Default Are "rich" people Just Lucky?

Hello, I've been playing gt for 6 years soon! 3500+ Hours. And i've not gotten more than 30 dls total. I don't know how people get like 100 dls in a year by Buying low and selling high.

Is buying low, selling high a joke? Because i only lose wls. And farming is REALLY HARD and takes A LOT of time and doesn't make so much profit.
    So, I'm asking for you guys' help Because i only have like a few dls. Is there ANY item I could lazy mass, Or buy low, sell high?
    Some people start this game and in the first year they just get 50+ dls. Is it purely based on luck?

Please, Let me know, Because I Recently lost almost ALL of my Diamond Locks. I only got a few left.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuesLords View Post
    Hello, I've been playing gt for 6 years soon! 3500+ Hours. And i've not gotten more than 30 dls total. I don't know how people get like 100 dls in a year by Buying low and selling high.

Is buying low, selling high a joke? Because i only lose wls. And farming is REALLY HARD and takes A LOT of time and doesn't make so much profit.
    So, I'm asking for you guys' help Because i only have like a few dls. Is there ANY item I could lazy mass, Or buy low, sell high?
    Some people start this game and in the first year they just get 50+ dls. Is it purely based on luck?

Please, Let me know, Because I Recently lost almost ALL of my Diamond Locks. I only got a few left.
    Luck does play a minor factor, but the most profits come from business skills. Your wealth will reflect your ability to communicate and trade with others. Furthermore, you have to be willing to take risks. If you have a good eye for profitable businesses, you should be able to get 50+ dls easy in under a month.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Luck does play a minor factor, but the most profits come from business skills. Your wealth will reflect your ability to communicate and trade with others. Furthermore, you have to be willing to take risks. If you have a good eye for profitable businesses, you should be able to get 50+ dls easy in under a month.
    I Have been taking risks the whole time i have played gt. But still, I have never found out any good way. That's why i'm asking for Advice from you guys.
    I barely get 1 dl a week by farming.

easiest way to get rich is just to get a world when it expires from 180 days of inactivity, bam free 200dl world

Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

No, not really. I would say I earned my stuff fairly. But as lukj2001 said, luck does play a minor factor.
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Banned

I am just really sad, that I've wasted 3500+ Hours for nothing in this game. Sure, i have gotten a few untradeable items. But that's nothing compared to the 3500+ Hours i've spent.
    I have nothing except zeus to show for my hard work. I Really Need some Help.

I am just really sad, that I've wasted 3500+ Hours for nothing in this game. Sure, i have gotten a few untradeable items. But that's nothing compared to the 3500+ Hours i've spent.
    I have nothing except zeus to show for my hard work. I Really Need some Help.
    I feel you bro, I was lucky enough to get 5 magplants for ~10dls and now that's all my wealth. But in these 5+ years I too haven't gotten rich

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

Well, there is a factor that plays around it but most is all but timing. Patience really sometimes hits good profit when balanced perfectly between what cards are you playing on around, whether it'll be Passive Income or bulk rush sale outs. It's an all key timing for me.
    IGN: Nupthial
    Personal announcements will be listed "here."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ESTkid505HD View Post
    I feel you bro, I was lucky enough to get 5 magplants for ~10dls and now that's all my wealth. But in these 5+ years I too haven't gotten rich
    And, the worst part is that i've spent 40€+ or 45 usd on this game. Gems...

It's really damn sad to realize how much effort i have put into gt and i've not gotten any profit. I have owned 2 SSP shops, 1 crime shop And, i lost my 20+ dls in them. And that was a year+ ago.
    So, that's why i'm looking for some advice from pros on these forums, But i don't think it will help me so much. My dream item has ALWAYS been Golden Angel Wings, But i've never succeeded in it, or gotten anywhere close to even 50 dls. And it's sad that some people just come into this game and play for a year and just get their 100 dls almost without any effort.

I play this game 3 hours/day approximately if i divide my Hours played and my days played together. 6 years, 3 hours, 1 Zeus.

I really need any advice i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    easiest way to get rich is just to get a world when it expires from 180 days of inactivity, bam free 200dl world
    Using 70 bots and mod doing nothing

Buymorty *cough* *cough*
    I'm dumb.

My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/

ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

Its all about investments and resource allocation. Luck might play a minor-medium factor, as mentioned above.
    IGN: Imunity

Well,at least for me,luck plays a major factor. Several cases of this(me litterally owning stuff and sitting on my butt) was MagPlants,Raymans, a Dancemaster, and Draconic Wings. I owned them all before they rose a crazy amount. Of course,this is not to say you should mindlessly buy stuff,i tried that with Draconic Parasol,400+ each....now its 250 and i got 16 sitting in my inventory....(Hope they get used for legendary quest or something....im really sad bout dat)

A couple lucky things happened like getting a DL from a pro litterally also for doing...you guessed it,nothing. Well..mostly. heres there story,skip this paragraphif you dont wanna read it, KINGSIZED made a post about selling some worlds. One of them was a list of BUY+___ worlds or something. Anyway,I went to check the worlds out and saw him in one. I was talking with him when a noob came and asked for a donation. To my surprise, he gave the noob a world lock. The noob then called a friend over. He gave him a world lock too. The noob then went on an alt(like...very obvious alt,even made the same typo when asking) and asked for a worldlock. Once again,he got one,he then said something about how the noobs should not be so greedy and dropped a dl(he did /kickall and pulled me). I didnt take it till he said i could(i walked away from it at first). And thats the story how i got a dl for free. I gave 50 wls of it away tho to people who seemed hard working. (I went to random worlds and looked for those owner of shops who dont own vends and work hard to manage their shop).

I also got a Diamond Dragon Shield from buying my 3rd IOTM.(other two were silver). Uh....well,tbh,i had alot of luck. I could go on for a while...but the point is,luck truely is a determining factor if richness.

The only tips i can give you for investing in items are these:

1) Buy fun items,if you like it,others will too(i also got raptor legs,i liked the speed stack,qnd i wasnt alone in that opinion)

2) Dont buy new items. Ok so,this is kinda a lie,but its safer to stay away from new items. Those things drop so much. There are a few excepts to this like when a noob gets a new rare item(like the Chipmunk from winterfest). But the chance/return rate for the investment is horrible considering the amount of luck needed. Not even a lucky bastard could get that lucky and only buy the rare items.

3) Buy cheap,sell for more,improved idea. After a while of looking at the stock market,many item's prices just keep dropping(besides of limited items,they are pretty stable and always rise a bit given time). There are exceptions to this. Seasonal items. Things like Phoenix Pacifier for example,it rises alot during Summer fest but drops after it ends. This is for seemingly no reason,like,its not like more were added or removed during Summer fest. The same can be said with Golden items. Find those. Buy em and resell them after. This takes patience. Also,no,dontbe those stupid people who buy angels and turn them to devils. Ew. No.

4) Buy limited items. I stated it a bit in reason number 3. They are limited. After a month(when the item becomes stable), buy the item. It will rarely,and i mean RARELY, ever drop in price,always rising by some world locks. This is a very no-risk investment. Its stable,and is sure to make you profit. Just not fast though.

Beyond that...well...all i can say is luck. Hope your item you own can be used in the Growganoth,or just a recipe for something. (Actually,i guess i have a 5th tip/advice)...

5?) Buy new items for investing. Old items are less likely to be used in a recipe for newer items. Dont go hoping your random item will be used in the Growganoth. Buy items of the year for a higher chance of it being used.

Hope i helped.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Banned

Nope, they're just successfull players. They worked hard for their items.

Lesser Wizard

I just do investment for 3letter worlds.
    I bought about 6 world for 1dl each and now they rised to 250+ because I don't have much time to play game so investment is a good way for me.
    What I said if my nob friend that I helped from 0 and now he was richer than me :

WKWK

I Have been taking risks the whole time i have played gt. But still, I have never found out any good way. That's why i'm asking for Advice from you guys.
    I barely get 1 dl a week by farming.
    I got 1 dl a day
    IGN: DyzerKeyzer
    Lv:55/125

Goals :

1.100% Awesomeness : [100/100] [ √ ]
    2.Have Focused Eye : [75/100] [ X ]
    3.Have 200 DLs : [15/200] [ X ]
    4.Won 10 WOTD this year : [ 3/10 ] [ X ]

Join Growtopia Builder Discord Here!

Master Sorcerer

Luck is important, it’s what gets you started but to make it big you need more than luck

But then again there’s lucky people who own really worlds like VEND which is so profitable just because of the name
    Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
    ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DyzerKeyzer View Post
    I got 1 dl a day
    How???
    —----——————

Making WLS is actually quite easy, buying things before they rise is generally what I do.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

you are lazy
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate
    https://www.instagram.com/dr.verdantgate/?hl=id
    Prepare For Harvest Festival

How???
    —----——————
    ** TOP DYZER'S SECRET **
    IGN: DyzerKeyzer