Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: No nukes?

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Xemester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Far Far Away
    Posts
    140

    Default No nukes?

    I saw like tons of sb about csn and gambling

    then I did /mods

    nplus1 is active,Why wouldn't he nuke the world or ban the owner?
    In-Game Name: Xemester
    E X P E R I E N C E

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer MrStreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemester View Post
    I saw like tons of sb about csn and gambling

    then I did /mods

    nplus1 is active,Why wouldn't he nuke the world or ban the owner?
    Probably he was afk or was dealing with something else.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    nPlus1 isn't in charge of the community, iirc he is a programmer

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Xemester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Far Far Away
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Oh,I think we need more moderators
    In-Game Name: Xemester
    E X P E R I E N C E

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard Xemester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Far Far Away
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    nPlus1 isn't in charge of the community, iirc he is a programmer
    Isn't he suppose to ban people? I mean he is a moderator after all
    In-Game Name: Xemester
    E X P E R I E N C E

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemester View Post
    Isn't he suppose to ban people? I mean he is a moderator after all
    Maybe was afk or got too many pms so couldn’t see sb

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Reg4shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemester View Post
    Isn't he suppose to ban people? I mean he is a moderator after all
    Hello there,

    nPlus1 is one of the programmers and he shouldn't be losing his precious time in banning players, there's a lot of things that programmers need to keep track, rendering them unable to deal with a daily basis moderation.

    They have moderator accounts because they also need to test things while the server is live.

    Also, although I am a moderator, my main task isn't moderating the game as well. I'm part of the Customer Support and my main task is to deal with ticket inquiries.

    Each member has their own role.

    You can always check the Grow Wiki (unofficial website) and check their "Moderators" section, that should help to give you an idea of what area each one of us is in charge of.

    Best regards,

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Anticonstitutionnellement
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg4shi View Post
    Hello there,

    nPlus1 is one of the programmers and he shouldn't be losing his precious time in banning players, there's a lot of things that programmers need to keep track, rendering them unable to deal with a daily basis moderation.

    They have moderator accounts because they also need to test things while the server is live.

    Also, although I am a moderator, my main task isn't moderating the game as well. I'm part of the Customer Support and my main task is to deal with ticket inquiries.

    Each member has their own role.

    You can always check the Grow Wiki (unofficial website) and check their "Moderators" section, that should help to give you an idea of what area each one of us is in charge of.

    Best regards,
    well can't they just spend 10 seconds for the better deed?
    h

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    ZA WARUDO!
    Posts
    4,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    well can't they just spend 10 seconds for the better deed?
    I think they have to investigate the world's before being allowed to nuke them... Which can take way more than 10 seconds.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: A surreal GT video


    The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer GrowH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone. Elsewhere.
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    well can't they just spend 10 seconds for the better deed?
    Stop being a beggar.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

    UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

    These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    well can't they just spend 10 seconds for the better deed?
    He probably isn't trained and will not know what to do. I'm guessing reg4shi learnt how to use the commands properly

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Anticonstitutionnellement
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    I think they have to investigate the world's before being allowed to nuke them... Which can take way more than 10 seconds.
    oh yes my apologies, things were so much simpler when the mods are actually existent
    h

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard Xemester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Far Far Away
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg4shi View Post
    Hello there,

    nPlus1 is one of the programmers and he shouldn't be losing his precious time in banning players, there's a lot of things that programmers need to keep track, rendering them unable to deal with a daily basis moderation.

    They have moderator accounts because they also need to test things while the server is live.

    Also, although I am a moderator, my main task isn't moderating the game as well. I'm part of the Customer Support and my main task is to deal with ticket inquiries.

    Each member has their own role.

    You can always check the Grow Wiki (unofficial website) and check their "Moderators" section, that should help to give you an idea of what area each one of us is in charge of.

    Best regards,

    Oh Sorry,I thought all moderators were banning and nuking worlds,I never thought Each Moderator has a role,It was much simpler back then so I didn't really know.
    In-Game Name: Xemester
    E X P E R I E N C E

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard Reg4shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemester View Post
    Oh Sorry,I thought all moderators were banning and nuking worlds,I never thought Each Moderator has a role,It was much simpler back then so I didn't really know.
    No worries at all

    They do help on banning, but only when they aren't fully loaded with coding and patching.

    Even the previous developers weren't fully moderating, they had to rely on community moderators to do that for them since they would be unable to tackle down everything.

    Best regards,

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard Reg4shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    oh yes my apologies, things were so much simpler when the mods are actually existent
    There are moderators and players do get banned.

    Whenever we are with our moderator names, people tend to spam us from every corner making us unable to read anything anywhere.

    For that reason, we prefer to do our jobs "from the shadows". It's easier for us, and it also doesn't make players feel like we are ignoring their requests.

    And always remind yourselves, it's always easier to speak when we are "spectators". Sometimes things seem easy - but when we get to deal with it - that's where we start to see that it isn't as easy as we thought it was.

    Best regards,

  16. #16
    Lesser Wizard Xemester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Far Far Away
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg4shi View Post
    There are moderators and players do get banned.

    Whenever we are with our moderator names, people tend to spam us from every corner making us unable to read anything anywhere.

    For that reason, we prefer to do our jobs "from the shadows". It's easier for us, and it also doesn't make players feel like we are ignoring their requests.

    And always remind yourselves, it's always easier to speak when we are "spectators". Sometimes things seem easy - but when we get to deal with it - that's where we start to see that it isn't as easy as we thought it was.

    Best regards,
    So Request are easier to attend to when Moderators are invisible?
    In-Game Name: Xemester
    E X P E R I E N C E

  17. #17
    Knight POYOYO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg4shi View Post
    There are moderators and players do get banned.

    Whenever we are with our moderator names, people tend to spam us from every corner making us unable to read anything anywhere.

    For that reason, we prefer to do our jobs "from the shadows". It's easier for us, and it also doesn't make players feel like we are ignoring their requests.

    And always remind yourselves, it's always easier to speak when we are "spectators". Sometimes things seem easy - but when we get to deal with it - that's where we start to see that it isn't as easy as we thought it was.

    Best regards,
    Hello Reg4shi, is trickery illegal?

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard Reg4shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemester View Post
    So Request are easier to attend to when Moderators are invisible?
    When we are invisible, it is easier for us to move around, investigate and ban illegal activities.

    Although, it will be harder if not impossible for you guys to contact us.

    Which leaves you guys to the /report to report a world, or wrench a player and then choose "Report" to report a player.

    Contacting moderators that are showing up in the moderator list ain't actually an efficient way of getting things done, and if you don't use report and just rely on messaging a moderator (and no one else reports), we might end up mis-seeing that player or world for some time until we cross our paths with them during our investigations.

    In my opinion, we should change the thing about "if you see a scam or a casino happening in the game, contact a moderator immediately" to "use /report or wrench the player and report him" because we have so many things to do and limited resources to do it.

    Trust me, if you think a Top Rated world is hard to read the chat, then imagine 20% of 40k (that would be 8k) players trying to message you at the same time

    That's why moderators can't really reply to any of you (it's just impossible). We try to get a world name or anything from the chat spam, along with "casino" or "scam" or whatever and try to go there, but then, if we keep that moderator name while dealing with it - we can't rely on our chat window in order to see what is happening in the world.

    Best regards,

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard Reg4shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by POYOYO View Post
    Hello Reg4shi, is trickery illegal?
    I guess you mean scamming.

    Yes, it is illegal to trick other player and make him/her lose their resources unfairly.

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard anons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    486

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg4shi View Post
    I guess you mean scamming.

    Yes, it is illegal to trick other player and make him/her lose their resources unfairly.
    Reg , am I allow to dress up as Neko hahahaha . But I'm not going to say thay I am a mod
    #MALAYSIABOLEH

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •