Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: users are exploiting glitches to prevent billboards from being used.

Default users are exploiting glitches to prevent billboards from being used.

Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that there is a new issue regarding the use of billboards in some worlds.

As expected, with the community backlash against the use of the royal lock in popular trade worlds, the devs came out with the brilliant idea of the Billboard: a sign that floats next to a player that shows what items they are selling/buying! a perfect way to allow players to trade while preserving the use of the royal lock in other cases. This change was made through a large general consensus of the community as they felt that royal locks were harmful to the game as a whole in trading scenarios.

And so it came to pass that the owners of some of these popular trade worlds have found a way to exploit around the use of these billboards to prevent their soul function. The exploit consists of filling the world up with signs/dark cave background that way the billboards do not appear whatsoever, meaning their function is completely disabled by force bringing us back to square one before the update.

The main issue I have with this is that the owners of these worlds are knowingly exploiting this thinking they will not be punished because Ubisoft has not made a statement about it yet, which I (and many others) find is not only very toxic and harmful, but also violates the Growtopian code, to give every player a fair and favorable gaming experience. Having personally spoken to a few of these individuals themselves, they do not care about the community whatsoever, and feel that as long as Ubisoft doesn't flat out say something against the obvious exploit, they will continue to do so until an official statement has been made.

Once again, this is not targeted to any one individual player/world, but the collective group of worlds that are KNOWINGLY exploiting this bug for their own personal gain to the detriment of the community because they feel they will not be punished for it.

Anyways, go ahead and leave your opinions down below. Agree? Disagree? I am open to discussion on the matter but as far as I am concerned worlds like these and their owners are simply exploiting unintentional bugs to help themselves and hurt the community.

I hope Ubisoft takes action against players and worlds like these in the future as they have continued to keep the problems we had with the royal lock for the past year alive despite Ubisoft trying to fix it.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Those greedy bastards
    Youtube:Lightvolts
    IGN:Lightvolts
    level:84

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vbylji...mSjB/giphy.gif

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
    bring back] I need them

Punishment are obviously needed to prevent people from doing these sort of things

Warning affects nothing and no one. A PUNISHMENT affect the person doing it and people doing them now are also the ones who are known to do these sort of things before through similar means . IT'S a exploit nonetheless aswell as harming players in other ways thus punishable without warning

I agree
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aneeqz51 View Post
    Punishment are obviously needed to prevent people from doing these sort of things

Warning affects nothing and no one. A PUNISHMENT affect the person doing it and people doing them now are also the ones who are known to do these sort of things before through similar means . IT'S a exploit nonetheless aswell as harming players in other ways thus punishable without warning

I agree
    Couldn't agree more. You say it better than me.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

Ubisoft should take in first time royal lock away from those players and in second time, whole world. Then they will learn.

Ruining game by purpose is serious thing. Now they can't continue this "i don't want spammers in my world and that's why i use rl" bs. Don't know why anyone believed this lie. I knew whole time that it is all about profit, they does not care about spammers, cause they doesn't care about players in their world. They care only about wls. Can't still understand what makes people think that wls are more important than other human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Ubisoft should take in first time royal lock away from those players and in second time, whole world. Then they will learn.

Ruining game by purpose is serious thing. Now they can't continue this "i don't want spammers in my world and that's why i use rl" bs. Don't know why anyone believed this lie. I knew whole time that it is all about profit, they does not care about spammers, cause they doesn't care about players in their world. They care only about wls. Can't still understand what makes people think that wls are more important than other human beings.
    Not take royal lock away lol
    Ban them first nuke the world then for limited time then take it away

Hey guys here's how my billboard look like in BUY worlds.

Billboard: .
    Slightly above average in human intellect

Not take royal lock away lol
    Ban them first nuke the world then for limited time then take it away
    As I've said before, I woulnd't mind royal lock being taken away or losing it's silence feature. Can't agree with the ban, nuke and world being taken away though.
    IGN: Malakhov

Quote Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
    As I've said before, I woulnd't mind royal lock being taken away or losing it's silence feature. Can't agree with the ban, nuke and world being taken away though.
    Are you not the owner of a world that does this?
    pfp drawn by memo4ever

IGN: rrix

[❌]Level: 64/125
    [❌]Dls: 40/100
    [❌]Gems: 712k/1m
    [✔️]Dirt: 1/1

I am the memelord

End goal: Try out every part of gt

Well it's punishment for those who misbehave ur one of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrix View Post
    Are you not the owner of a world that does this?
    He is

Well it's punishment for those who misbehave ur one of them
    Using signs/vends in a world I own → misbehave. That desperately needs punishment indeed.

No, PURPOSEFULLY placing the signs as a means to abuse the billboard system to benefit you should.
    Username: Leptons
    Level: 45

Goals:
    • Focused Eye (31/100)
    • Get a Violet Protodrake Leash (11/18)
    • Win a WOTD/VOTW (0/1)
    • Buy Phlogiston for Pet Trainer Medals (11/100)

"The only thing hurts me is betrayal"

I mean, with you being anti-social and all, a ban wouldn't really affect you?

Using signs/vends in a world I own → misbehave. That desperately needs punishment indeed.
    Are you asking for yourself to be banned? What was the point of even doing it in the first place if you are accepting punishment?
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    31 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

the buy+ world owners are just so freakin toxic and wants profit,,, so whats new? all players already know that and that even doesnt help profit, no one buy expensive items from vends unless they are very very in need, but when it comes to mass items and seeds the players can wait the whole day because they can wait 2 weeks for project, so why not wait to find a seller in a muted world? mutes doesnt work in buy+ mass items/seeds such as buypurple or buycutaway
    but the owners still think they can profit from it, i really wish those toxic stupid kids gets banned
    Luffy asks all the important questions, so you dont have to ask them
    sees mermaid for the first time
    luffy: so, can you poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I mean, with you being anti-social and all, a ban wouldn't really affect you?
    Are you asking for yourself to be banned? What was the point of even doing it in the first place if you are accepting punishment?
    You clearly have a tough time understanding sarcasm. Anti-social, that's a new one.

I mean usually people work hard or get really lucky to get rare worlds, but i dont rly mind that. Just go to another better world to post on a bulletin board if you’re buying or selling the “item/block”, theres usually bulletin boards in some relative world to an item. I don't think this deserves punishment since it’s their world. But i still understand why it’s frustrating for some people
    Lul
    Please Support my Chi Eyes Suggestion!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...70#post3952470

You clearly have a tough time understanding sarcasm. Anti-social, that's a new one.
    Fyi.. Anti-social existed even before u existed..
    Lift up that rock of yours
    bored.
    80% to quit

Lesser Knight

These players are exploiting the game... why are they not punished?
    random account.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmi View Post
    These players are exploiting the game... why are they not punished?
    Doesnt hurt Ubisoft's profits

Thats very rude like they nevertheless care the growtopia. More like Profitopia
    I was once told that this guy pay me world locks for my grammar. But I told him why not ask your parents about this issue?
    Creeper??? AW MAN
    Best meme ever