Thread: 2 suggestions for the gem store to curb gem inflation.

Master Sorcerer

Default 2 suggestions for the gem store to curb gem inflation.

Random stuff popped up although I'm playing Overwatch instead of GT.

1. Increase all the prices in the gem store accordingly. (x1.25 - x2)
    Obviously this has been suggested many times, but I feel that at this time this will actually make an impact.
    It's been slightly more than 1 year since magplants came out, especially as a similar replacement to ATMs. Thus it's a good time.

You should obviously know what this is supposed to do.
    x2 = World lock for 4,000 gems.

To the players who will complain about higher prices, here is what I ask from you:
    If the developers can increase gem cost per player for super broadcasting, I'm sure they can increase the price of items in the gem store for economic stability.

2. Add price surging to the store.
    Also quite sure this has been mentioned before but with not much attention.
    Alright, MANY applications. I'll list some.

I'll classify a pack in the store that costs 10,000 gems as "pack A". This can be applied for all the packs in the store.
    I will call the number of packs bought by players within a certain time frame "situation A"
    Scenario 1: Pack A increases above and below 10,000 gems according to situation A.
    Scenario 2: Pack A increases significantly more than 10,000 gems but will never be less than 10,000 gems according to Situation A.

This will show us how popular certain packs are too, and will drop the price accordingly.
    Also will show us how dead most of the gem store is, and possibly with the low pricing entice players to buy them.

A random example. (With the first scenario)
    A city pack currently costs 8,000 gems. When less people are buying, it reaches 7,500. When more people are buying, it hits 9,000.
    The numbers stated in this suck since I have no information LOL. If Ubisoft tracks how many packs of each type are bought hourly (or any time frame), this can be done much more easily.

This can be done with any item sold from a store similar to Locke. Thus the opportunities come in.

I would supply the actual numbers, but I have no information to clarify and do some math. I don't want to try and assume here.

I don't know how we haven't seen automatic price surging yet (if we have I'm dumb), thus I would like further opinions.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Gone.

Master Sorcerer

thank u for your input, tevoir.
    Growtopia is like drugs, even worse.
    IGN: Zeh
    Level: 100
    Instagram: @zeh_gt

Master Sorcerer

Seems interesting, would love to see future feedback from the community but most importantly the developers.
    Always Remember Hardwork Pays Off
    Knowledge Is Power 9.24

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by NotZeh View Post
    thank u for your input, tevoir.
    Yo stop treating me like royalty treat me normally lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Seems interesting, would love to see future feedback from the community but most importantly the developers.
    I wanna hear the devs opinion on the number crunching for the second suggestion.

Gone.

Nice suggestions but a world lock costing 4000 gems wouldnt be very beginner friendly. I remember when i started, someone donated me 100 sugarcane blocks and i had to farm them for ~4days just to get 2000 gems. Making it cost 4000 would just(imo) make newer players less likely to try for it and more likely to quit the game or start doing things illegally.

If anyone's gonna say they should just splice seeds and sell stuff, maybe we should just get rid of the world locks from the store since no ones gonna buy them.

IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Spray View Post
    Nice suggestions but a world lock costing 4000 gems wouldnt be very beginner friendly. I remember when i started, someone donated me 100 sugarcane blocks and i had to farm them for ~4days just to get 2000 gems. Making it cost 4000 would just(imo) make newer players less likely to try for it and more likely to quit the game or start doing things illegally.

If anyone's gonna say they should just splice seeds and sell stuff, maybe we should just get rid of the world locks from the store since no ones gonna buy them.
    Numbers I state are meant to be edited according to the devs. 2x is just a easy number. It also doesn't have to be exactly the number stated.

An example: 1.5x will be weird for some packs due to the weird multiplication.

Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    Numbers I state are meant to be edited according to the devs. 2x is just a easy number. It also doesn't have to be exactly the number stated.

An example: 1.5x will be weird for some packs due to the weird multiplication.
    My point was 2000 gems is already more than enough for a world lock

Master Sorcerer

My point was 2000 gems is already more than enough for a world lock
    So... you don't mind inflation?

Gone.

So... you don't mind inflation?
    I dint say anything about inflation. But really this whole thing would just multiply the wealth of the older players who have alr accumulated thousands of dls while making it harder to acquire for newer players

Master Sorcerer

I dint say anything about inflation. But really this whole thing would just multiply the wealth of the older players who have alr accumulated thousands of dls while making it harder to acquire for newer players
    Ok that was expected. So hoarding (EDIT: hoarding packs before big change) is the issue I assume.

So how about people hoarding hundreds of megaphones before the price was increased from 20 to 25 wls?

Gone.

Ok that was expected. So hoarding (EDIT: hoarding packs before big change) is the issue I assume.

So how about people hoarding hundreds of megaphones before the price was increased from 20 to 25 wls?
    Imo that wasnt very smart. That time they started giving free megaphones with IAPs was dumb too, it made megaphones cost as little as 10wls each.

The richer players are always always going to try and hoard items and use the scarcity of those items in the market to manipulate their prices and make profits. But i think manipulation hurts less than their work being done for them.

Master Sorcerer

Imo that wasnt very smart. That time they started giving free megaphones with IAPs was dumb too, it made megaphones cost as little as 10wls each.

The richer players are always always going to try and hoard items and use the scarcity of those items in the market to manipulate their prices and make profits. But i think manipulation hurts less than their work being done for them.
    I know, so do you believe Ubisoft will readily make big changes like such without much bother?

Looking at their past, I don't really think so LOL.

Gone.

I know, so do you believe Ubisoft will readily make big changes like such without much bother?

Looking at their past, I don't really think so LOL.
    I dont think so either, but really I always expect this stuff when the parent devs sell apps to profit oriented corporations.

Master Sorcerer

I dont think so either, but really I always expect this stuff when the parent devs sell apps to profit oriented corporations.
    Anyway, thanks for the opinion about the world lock pricing.

How about the other packs as a whole? Because Ubisoft can just edit everything individually as "rebalancing".

Gone.

Anyway, thanks for the opinion about the world lock pricing.

How about the other packs as a whole? Because Ubisoft can just edit everything individually as "rebalancing".
    Oh yea i agree with that, theres only like ~5 packs that people actually buy. The rest cost too much gems for what they're worth like the painters pack, the fossil pack, steam pack etc. However maybe increasing the prices of the more popular packs would be more helpful.

*cry in no-farm gems and no profit
    I might be selfish, but I speak what in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksis St View Post
    Protects the rights of ancestral seed
    THEY BUFFED IT 2X

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    That's a really awesome item! Great work!
    Well then, add that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    Leone Abbacchio your back!!!

Master Sorcerer

Oh yea i agree with that, theres only like ~5 packs that people actually buy. The rest cost too much gems for what they're worth like the painters pack, the fossil pack, steam pack etc. However maybe increasing the prices of the more popular packs would be more helpful.
    Then that should be related to my second suggestion, thanks for the opinion.

Gone.

Master Sorcerer

First bump of 2019 for me LOL.

Gone.

Default Hey ,do u really quitting gt?

hey TeeHeeBee, do u really quitting gt?