Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Content Creators and Blocks

Default Issues with Content Creators and Blocks

Upon speaking with multiple other players and seeing the situation myself, I’ve decided I’d like to share my opinion and (hopefully) have others see the issues with the content creators and their blocks. Clearly, the idea of implementing blocks dedicated to the content creators of Growtopia has shown in less than two weeks to be a horrible idea. These “content creators”, half of which produce garbage content to receive thousands of views in order to make money, certainly deserve the recognition. Many of them have brought attention to Growtopia in an often positive manner, however they shouldn’t receiving their own dedicated blocks (detailed below). Personally, the only creator who I believe deserves an individual item for their efforts is pcats, considering at a very early stage of the game, he was one of the mainstream “advertisers” for the game.

To start, in less than two weeks, two creators have managed to break the extremely simple rules of ONLY giving away the blocks (oddly enough, one of the creators being banned). One of these creators (who I’m surprised was even recognized considering every other word is not family friendly) has even gone as far as out of game trading, involving people spending money in order to win their blocks. Edit: just wanted to point out there is a creator that has a video on how to make unlimited accounts on their channel. By providing rewards that involve rules, it automatically requires an effort from staff to be actively moderating (on top of their hundreds of other responsibilities) to make sure these creators are not abusing or breaking them. Why trust these players who are simply big in the community and are not guaranteed to be reliable? Again, as it shows, Growtopia’s “most intelligent and trusted players” as seen by the community can’t even follow them. While raising the ego of these creators, these blocks are meant to be provided to fans as a way to promote the channels/profiles and have ended up turning into a market of overpriced items that people are wasting their world locks on. An evet’s block alone went for nearly 38DLs the other day, proving that people simply are using these blocks to profit. To add, the players quite honestly do not deserve to have their faces on a block floating around in-game. For what most of their content and work is worth, they should still receive a reward, but not a personal item that is now PERMANENTLY in the game and that has to be added every few months. Rather, they should have received a reward of Growtokens or prizes to give away to players that are harmless and significantly less controversial than these blocks. Credit to the developers for wanting to display appreciation for the creators and make them feel a part of the community. But was full community exposure and any other reward not enough? Now, and as previously stated, the creators have to be consistently monitored and provided trust from Ubisoft with their blocks and how they are used. The blocks realistically should be removed, and some other form of a reward should be provided.
    Last edited by LyveWyre; 04-13-2019 at 10:07 PM.

I agree, they must be stopped
    I don't play this game anymore
    I was LightX
    Discord: Light#9001
    Pet Rock Server : https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RealLightX/
    Join the superior growtopia discord server: https://discord.io/gtgame
    #UNBANBITELORD

I don't see anything wrong anything wrong with players buying their favorite youtuber's block. The blocks are just another miscellaneous item for your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    I don't see anything wrong anything wrong with players buying their favorite youtuber's block. The blocks are just another miscellaneous item for your collection.
    Aside from that minor argument, everything else is problematic.

I agree with you on that,+1.

But,who's the Creator who was banned?

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

I agree with everything but who was banned?

IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56

The creator who was banned is irrelevant, plus I don’t need my thread being deleted for singling out a user (which also takes away from the argument at hand).

Lesser Wizard

good points and I agree. ty Lyve Wyre!
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Thumbs up Totally agree

I totally agree. I do realize the game is trying to get more players through these popular Youtubers. But in reality they just make money off of it. They should really encourage small Youtubers to make great videos about Growtopia. I totally agree with you. Although sometimes the content varies from good to bad. Awards should be given to "good" Growtopians rather than bad ones who ruin the name of the game. (The ones who show how to hack/private servers/exploiting. We just need some more awareness on these points. Huge thanks for making the thread! Wanted too see one like this in a long time. (Me being to sissy to start one)

Btw just noticed your from Canada. Mind sharing where you're from in PM or something? Would like to know you more.
    Last edited by JonnyPlaysGT; 04-12-2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Edited some Grammar mistakes

I am an Experienced player with over 1500 Hours played.
    I make funny videos on YouTube for fun.

Goals:
    Think of a cool concept for the game
    Join Ubisoft when I finish my Computer studies.

My channel:
    http://bit.ly/JonnyPlaysGT

I agree, I think those content creator blocks are bad as a whole.

Only the people who watch their garbage videos can get it,and it allows for all the youtubers produce trash videos for the whole three month(not like they are doing so(i think),but it gives them the ability to). I also think, like you said, it brings constant work,with the team needing to spend time to make sure that the blocks arent being unfairly given out.

Of course a possible solution if they want to keep the horrible idea,though, is to just to abandon all moderating of the blocks and let the youtubers just give them out. (Kinda like how they gave up on banning/punishing fake prize worlds that get rated as top 1 many times).

I really want a mod to explain their thoughts on this. I wonder if they will ever step up their game on this.
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post
    I agree, they must be stopped
    I agree as well.

Here is a solution. Make them untradeable, simple as that.

Regarding the content, I can see that these picking of youtubers wasn't really about content but the way they get more Growtopians to be encouraged to play the game. Well except for that one they didn't check the one with unlimited accounts. Those youtubers like BenBarrage and Tery do really have to be honored even tho BenBarrage has trash content sometimes because he has called the attention of many Growtopians aside from MrSongo. That's how youtube works fella, create content for money. As long there's the heart of entertainment seen by many stupidos in the community.
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay

Quote Originally Posted by Coldplay_ID View Post
    Buying in game item for real money (except gems from store) are absolutely illegal...
    And what does that have to do with my reply?

Issues have been arising, yeah, I can't sugarcoat that. I'll give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt though: this is their first crack at supporting their content creators in a positive light. Once the next rotation comes by, the list will hopefully be not as problematic. Ubisoft did mention that smaller youtubers will be supported by the next CC rotation, so y'all got that to look forward to.

As for the blocks themselves... their prices are absolutely insane right now, yeah. Not much can be done considering their current exclusivity deal. There's only 8 Evets Blue Blocks out there but the prices will even themselves out a bit more once more blocks of all the types get released.

And whether a content creator deserves a block with their face on it or not is purely subjective. Some people will say they deserve it, some won't. Just how life goes.
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Here is a solution. Make them untradeable, simple as that.

Regarding the content, I can see that these picking of youtubers wasn't really about content but the way they get more Growtopians to be encouraged to play the game. Well except for that one they didn't check the one with unlimited accounts. Those youtubers like BenBarrage and Tery do really have to be honored even tho BenBarrage has trash content sometimes because he has called the attention of many Growtopians aside from MrSongo. That's how youtube works fella, create content for money. As long there's the heart of entertainment seen by many stupidos in the community.
    Only issue with the blocks being untradeable is that you wouldn’t be able to avoid placing them and trading that way. And to be honest, I could care less about the content (Evets, this is also in response to your reply), as I have said I believe all of these creators still deserve a reward. But the way these rewards (blocks) have been problematic already should indicate it will not be easier in the future.

As for those agreeing with me saying we should recognize smaller Youtubers...never said that. Good point, but I still think the big guys deserve something from Ubisoft to be appreciated.
    Last edited by LyveWyre; 04-13-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    Only issue with the blocks being unreadable is that you wouldn’t be able to avoid placing them and trading that way. And to be honest, I could care less about the content (Evets, this is also in response to your reply), as I have said I believe all of these creators still deserve a reward. But the way these rewards (blocks) have been problematic already should indicate it will not be easier in the future.

As for those agreeing with me saying we should recognize smaller Youtubers...never said that. Good point, but I still think the big guys deserve something from Ubisoft to be appreciated.

You can't trade a world that has untradable items, you can't even break the lock I can stand in LR punching the lock for days but it won't break because of untradable items
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

someone update me in 5 lines of what this content creator thing is
    my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

Quote Originally Posted by CowMooMoo View Post
    someone update me in 5 lines of what this content creator thing is

It's a block some YouTubers get for creating growtopia content for YouTube.
    Players are given drops blocks with their face on the block
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    It's a block some YouTubers get for creating growtopia content for YouTube.
    Players are given drops blocks with their face on the block
    that is just...
    Ok honestly there are A LOT of growtopian youtubers out there and does this block even have a purpose?
    my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

Quote Originally Posted by CowMooMoo View Post
    that is just...
    Ok honestly there are A LOT of growtopian youtubers out there and does this block even have a purpose?
    Nah just the weekly overcomplexity ubi likes to add in kids games.

IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56