Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Content Creators and Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    You can't trade a world that has untradable items, you can't even break the lock I can stand in LR punching the lock for days but it won't break because of untradable items
    If you’re proposing that the creators could trade it once in order to give it away, and then make it untradable, that is understandable. They would also have to be placed in world locked worlds only.

Anyways, one of the creators decided to smash their block machine and recycle their blocks. In less than two weeks, they’re already out. I can just see more problems in the future, especially as new Youtubers who are (again) not guaranteed to be reliable will be given blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Spray View Post
    Nah just the weekly overcomplexity ubi likes to add in kids games.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    If you’re proposing that the creators could trade it once in order to give it away, and then make it untradable, that is understandable. They would also have to be placed in world locked worlds only.

Anyways, one of the creators decided to smash their block machine and recycle their blocks. In less than two weeks, they’re already out. I can just see more problems in the future, especially as new Youtubers who are (again) not guaranteed to be reliable will be given blocks.

^
    At this point, I don’t think Ubisoft is to be blamed. They were given an opportunity to gain more fame and have constant fanbase for 3 whole months but chose not to. Those are the kinds of people who don’t appreciate the generosity of others. What I think should be done is replace the blocks itself.

If Ubisoft decides to take away the Matic from a Content Creator, the blocks of that Creator will be replaced with one that just has the Growtopia logo on it instead of the Content Creator’s face. That way it’s a win-win situation for Ubisoft and the Ex-Content Creator gains nothing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    At this point, I don’t think Ubisoft is to be blamed. They were given an opportunity to gain more fame and have constant fanbase for 3 whole months but chose not to. Those are the kinds of people who don’t appreciate the generosity of others. What I think should be done is replace the blocks itself.

If Ubisoft decides to take away the Matic from a Content Creator, the blocks of that Creator will be replaced with one that just has the Growtopia logo on it instead of the Content Creator’s face. That way it’s a win-win situation for Ubisoft and the Ex-Content Creator gains nothing from it.
    I think a lot of the issue is with the creators themselves, but I definitely think Ubi can be blamed for this. To me it seems like they truly never considered the possible issues with this and gave too much trust to these people (the idea of providing special blocks anyways is just horrible).

I think a lot of the issue is with the creators themselves, but I definitely think Ubi can be blamed for this. To me it seems like they truly never considered the possible issues with this and gave too much trust to these people (the idea of providing special blocks anyways is just horrible).
    Not sure if you even read my second paragraph but here it is...

Not sure if you even read my second paragraph but here it is...
    Ok...not sure what this has to do with what I’m saying? I’m getting at the fact that regardless of what they decide to do, the idea itself is under Ubisoft’s blame. Again, while a lot of the issues are with the creators, the existence of these blocks regardless of creators having their machines taken away is still a bad idea.

Ok...not sure what this has to do with what I’m saying? I’m getting at the fact that regardless of what they decide to do, the idea itself is under Ubisoft’s blame. Again, while a lot of the issues are with the creators, the existence of these blocks regardless of creators having their machines taken away is still a bad idea.
    Sorry but your thread just screams jealousy to me. If a person is given a set of rules but decided to break them, who is to be blamed? The one who sets the rule or the rule breaker? The blocks cause no harm to the community whatsoever, only controversy. What they need to do is do a thorough check before they pick a Content Creator to feature.

Sorry but your thread just screams jealousy to me. If a person is given a set of rules but decided to break them, who is to be blamed? The one who sets the rule or the rule breaker? The blocks cause no harm to the community whatsoever, only controversy. What they need to do is do a thorough check before they pick a Content Creator to feature.
    1) What is with the sudden personal attacks?
    2) I'm already aware that they need to do a thorough check before picking a content creator, I had outlined it in my thread. I'm still saying it is bad idea because that involves Neko to have another responsibility and still requires trust and monitoring from staff. And for the last time, a lot of the blame is on the creators, yes. Believe it or not, regardless of the creator "breaking the rules" and causing "controversy", the idea of the block itself is still Ubisoft's fault.

At this point, I don’t think Ubisoft is to be blamed.
    How not? They are the ones who came up with the idea without even looking at it in depth, most if not all "creators" are actually quite terrible but they still did it to get more exposure. What turned out to be a theoretically smart move for them to get more people to play through "creators" turned out to be a terrible idea because those people are just your average player often being the same example of bad influence to others. Come up with youtubers that actually produce their own creative content that aren't controversial at all, and overall don't use their popularity to manipulate younger people to watch their content. (ie. clickbaiting.)
    Few of them were literally picked due to their relationship with the mods, so their name easily came up regardless of their content.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 123. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

Very accurate, however i really doubt these garbage content creators actually do bring more players into this game.

Let's be honest with ourselves - Does watching someone flex dls and host huge giveaways in a game you've never heard before make you go "wow i really need to try this game out!"?
    Correct me if i'm wrong but many content creators on their list got subscribers by hosting giveaways and flexing their items and NOT actually with their superb content. IMO those who SHOULD be on the list are the animators who create actual interesting stuff. A video such as GT vs real life would be much more effective in showing what you can do in this game rather than a video about collecting wls from vends.
    IGN: FeelSexy
    Previous names: ABRAKEGABRA, DrFare

19 year old from Singapore
    Pianist | Kickboxer | Business student

Quote Originally Posted by Satania View Post
    It's either RNGesus loves you or RNGesus hates you.

1) What is with the sudden personal attacks?
    2) I'm already aware that they need to do a thorough check before picking a content creator, I had outlined it in my thread. I'm still saying it is bad idea because that involves Neko to have another responsibility and still requires trust and monitoring from staff. And for the last time, a lot of the blame is on the creators, yes. Believe it or not, regardless of the creator "breaking the rules" and causing "controversy", the idea of the block itself is still Ubisoft's fault.
    It’s not a personal Attack. I will admit that my argument may sound unintelligent as I am not projecting my point of views correctly. For one, I wasn’t referring to any creators, my argument is strictly focused on the blocks and I don’t think it should be removed due to Ubisoft picking the wrong creators. I was as shocked as anyone else when a dataminer got chosen. But for now, I feel like everyone’s taking this as something “difficult” to solve issue. What I’m proposing is for them to add in more rules instead of just “blocks to be given away(not sold)” because there’s many ways one can do giveaways while still “legally” breaking the rules. They should also implement the WOTD rules where they’ll only pick players with a clean record. Yes, moderation is required but is it a lot of work? The giveaway is only held once every week and most of these giveaways are announced in a single video/Instagram post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    How not? They are the ones who came up with the idea without even looking at it in depth, most if not all "creators" are actually quite terrible but they still did it to get more exposure. What turned out to be a theoretically smart move for them to get more people to play through "creators" turned out to be a terrible idea because those people are just your average player often being the same example of bad influence to others. Come up with youtubers that actually produce their own creative content that aren't controversial at all, and overall don't use their popularity to manipulate younger people to watch their content. (ie. clickbaiting.)
    Few of them were literally picked due to their relationship with the mods, so their name easily came up regardless of their content.
    The creators themselves are a different scenario. My actual intention when I say Ubisoft shouldn’t be blame is the existence of the Creator’s Blocks. I don’t find anything wrong with it. Yes some of them don’t deserve to have their face on it but who am I to judge that? The Creators have their own fanbase and I happen to not be one of them. We watch different youtubers for different reasons because every youtubers are special in their own way so I wouldn’t go that far into saying that one doesn’t deserve to be recognised.

The creators themselves are a different scenario. My actual intention when I say Ubisoft shouldn’t be blame is the existence of the Creator’s Blocks. I don’t find anything wrong with it. Yes some of them don’t deserve to have their face on it but who am I to judge that? The Creators have their own fanbase and I happen to not be one of them. We watch different youtubers for different reasons because every youtubers are special in their own way so I wouldn’t go that far into saying that one doesn’t deserve to be recognised.
    It's their idea, the creator's blocks are a mistake (just like the rayman and magplants), and weren't fingers pointed at Ubisoft when they created the rayman and magplants? weren't they blamed for creating such OP items? Yes they were, and this is no different, it's not an OP item, but it definitely is a mistake.
    It's true that we might not be in a position to judge some Youtubers, but when you take a look at the kind of Youtubers Lyve mentioned above, do you think they're worthy? their content might be top class but when you discover that they're -for example-
    banned in-game and still give them the prize, does this sound alright? this totally is not a very good example of a winner for the growtopians.
    ~Chemmie

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    It's their idea, the creator's blocks are a mistake (just like the rayman and magplants), and weren't fingers pointed at Ubisoft when they created the rayman and magplants? weren't they blamed for creating such OP items? Yes they were, and this is no different, it's not an OP item, but it definitely is a mistake.
    It's true that we might not be in a position to judge some Youtubers, but when you take a look at the kind of Youtubers Lyve mentioned above, do you think they're worthy? their content might be top class but when you discover that they're -for example-
    banned in-game and still give them the prize, does this sound alright? this totally is not a very good example of a winner for the growtopians.
    From my point of view, their mistake here is not checking the player’s records. That’s why I proposed for them to add more rules and requirements for future Content Creators. This first batch were just picked out of popularity, I don’t think they even review the player’s records. The blocks do no harm, it’s just a sense of deservedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrion View Post
    I agree, they must be stopped
    Someone help to stop them
    IGN : Hugogamer709
    Level : 50
    World : KINGINDOGT

Goals :
    1.Own a magplant farm : [X]
    2.Own a blue gem lock : [X]
    3.Own a focus eyes : [X]

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

At the current moment, I don't think any of these so called Content Creators are deserving of anything.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

Bumping thread

Wanted to bring this up after one of the creators posted this (below) on their Instagram stories. Just totally unnecessary for a content creator about a game, and despite “not being funny” and trying to “educate” players, they should be well aware that this isn’t needed. Again, why trust these people when silly stuff like the lack of maturity or common sense has to be monitored constantly?

the only thing that i can say is things might still change in the next quarters

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    the only thing that i can say is things might still change in the next quarters
    Well that would be the hope.

Honestly, I don't like the Awesome-o-Matic since I first saw it. I think, submitting your video to get a chance to be featured on the Community Hub would be better. We would want to see awesome creations in various types instead of seeing featured creators' video and join their giveaways.
    IGN: ChickyBro
    Instagram: @realchickybro (dead)

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

Signature picture is really small lol.