Thread: To fellow Growtopians about SCAMS

Lesser Wizard

Default To fellow Growtopians about SCAMS

Here's a guide on how to NOT get scammed.

First, i wanna talk about how to recognize a scam, because the sooner you realize something's fishy, the less chance of you falling for the scam is going to be.
    A lot of scammers sell their items cheap or they try to buy YOUR items more expensive, always double check what you're trading. Some scammers try to rush the trade, so do the trade slowly and buy anything from vending machines slowly. Ya'll probably saw those kind of broadcasts: "owner quitting giveaway all his stuff" "selling (insert any item) for very cheap!!". -Always avoid going to their worlds, its most likely a scam.

Second, here i want to talk about "friends".
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR GROWTOPIA FRIENDS. If you don't have a strong bond with friends, DO NOT trust anything that is expensive to you. I'm not saying don't trust anyone who is not your real life friend. It takes a long time to know if a person is genuine and doesn't just wanna take all your stuff and leave (this is how it works in real world too, life lessons for ya'll kiddos ).

Thirdly, use your own brain and gut feelings.
    No one can dictate how your life has to be even if you tell them everything about yourself. Use your own senses to realize if someone is worth trusting, or if a particular world seems like a scam.

Lastly, i wanna make fun of all these people who get scammed multiple times, and those who feel entitled to share their "scam" story on the forums or in game.
    Its absolutely insane you guys, how the hell do you manage to fall for these scams over and over again. Have you tried turning on your brain? Or do you not have one? Are you all so greedy you don't even care if you get scammed in the process?

A fitting famous quote to this post : Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Peace

Cursed

yes we know

Lesser Wizard

you sure do.

Lesser Wizard

bump !

Quote Originally Posted by CacoaMan View Post
    Here's a guide on how to NOT get scammed.
    Second, here i want to talk about "friends".
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR GROWTOPIA FRIENDS. If you don't have a strong bond with friends, DO NOT trust anything that is expensive to you. I'm not saying don't trust anyone who is not your real life friend. It takes a long time to know if a person is genuine and doesn't just wanna take all your stuff and leave (this is how it works in real world too, life lessons for ya'll kiddos ).

Peace
    My self conscious scammed me once, he/she stole my precious time,I could've taken for a stroll,but I waited for something that I thought I ordered online but didn't actually order.

Is that worse?

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Lesser Wizard

This is about how to not get scammed in GROWTOPIA, not about your problems with consciousness.

This is about how to not get scammed in GROWTOPIA, not about your problems with consciousness.
    Gotta hand it to ya for sucking the fun outta me chief.

Also you should add in the fact that you should atleast report the scammer/s as to lessen the amount of people getting scammed.

Lesser Wizard

I don't really think reporting does anything. Also i made this post to prevent people from going to scam worlds, telling them to report scam worlds is just counter intuitive.

I don't really think reporting does anything. Also i made this post to prevent people from going to scam worlds, telling them to report scam worlds is just counter intuitive.
    Then put the world "STOPDONTDROP",I guess. It's helpful for peeps who have just started on the game and would like to know what types of scams are there, though it isn't updated.

Lesser Wizard

I won't update the original post. It has all that i wanted to get out there.
    Also new players have to go through the tutorial where its mentioned about not dropping ur stuff. I don't need to mention it here again.

Lesser Wizard

Bump !

Lesser Wizard

bump !