Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Question

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Tan Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    813

    Default Question

    Why do devs and admins close threads in Update Discussions once they answer them? Isnt the point of the subforum to discuss things with other players?

    IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56


  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    554

    Default

    They probably felt like they answered the main question given. It is also to prevent spam and/or the same thread staying up for a long perios of time.

    Ofc im not a mod so i don't know exactly though
    Let's make posts that count!
    Oh... I also comment a decent amount on the Suggestion Sub-Forum trying to find solutions or problems with certain things in the suggestion

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Tan Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    They probably felt like they answered the main question given. It is also to prevent spam and/or the same thread staying up for a long perios of time.

    Ofc im not a mod so i don't know exactly though
    I guess?

    I think they should give players an opportunity to ask questions before closing threads completely cos most of the time, their replies dont clear everything up.

    IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56


  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer BuffaloBom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    humama hihih
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tan Spray View Post
    Why do devs and admins close threads in Update Discussions once they answer them? Isnt the point of the subforum to discuss things with other players?
    ooooooooof

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    replies from a higher authority may be enough for some people, but sometimes they didnt read the thread properly and/or gave a vague answer


    ye they should givr us one more day atleast
    Ign: TheCrunchGoes
    (ItzEaglet)
    Status: Poor asf

    Discord: wallop#1435



    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3



    Quote Originally Posted by rrix View Post
    uh what exactly is a sant as- oH
    Profile Pic by ElectroLava9


    Pm for an fsjal avatar~

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Tan Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Anulot: CLOSING THREAD, but feel free to REACH OUT to me.

    How sis

    IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    That's because people tend to ignore a lot of posts.
    It's more intuitive to find the "answer" at the end, than somewhere in between.
    It's important, that people read and accept it as the answer, so that misinformation won't spread.
    They usually also only lock threads that either break their guidelines while regaining some form of quality, or those, that have been answered and as such do not require further discussion.
    Last edited by DeLixx; 04-28-2019 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Tan Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    That's because people tend to ignore a lot of posts.
    It's more intuitive to find the "answer" at the end, than somewhere in between.
    It's important, that people read and accept it as the answer, so that misinformation won't spread.
    They usually also only lock threads that either break their guidelines while regaining some form of quality, or those, that have been answered and as such do not require further discussion.
    They assume donot require further discussion

    IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •