Thread: How to start a conversation?

Default How to start a conversation?

Before I leave, I need you guys advice because I don't know how to talk with my friends. They don't care about what I said because they don't interest in those stuff. Like "no one cares", sometimes I get bullied for liking something they don't. Please help.

I don't want "just ignore them" answers, but more like how to get to know them better and have a good friendship.
    Last edited by ChickyBro; 04-23-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    IGN: ChickyBro

People who don't care about your opinions don't deserve to be your friend. If they don't appreciate your friendship, you shouldn't be the one trying to hold it together. They're not worth your time. You will never lose friends, you only learn who the real ones are. Make new friends who understand you and are willing to put their time and effort into the friendship as well. It's difficult to put yourself out there again to acquaintance yourself to new people, but in the end you'll only be happier surrounded by people who actually care.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer your main question about how to start a conversation, but I believe that you'll have less of a problem trying to start a conversation with people who get you.
    IGN: Cress
    Je vois la vie en rose.

Quote Originally Posted by YumYumCookie View Post
    People who don't care about your opinions don't deserve to be your friend. If they don't appreciate your friendship, you shouldn't be the one trying to hold it together. They're not worth your time. You will never lose friends, you only learn who the real ones are. Make new friends who understand you and are willing to put their time and effort into the friendship as well. It's difficult to put yourself out there again to acquaintance yourself to new people, but in the end you'll only be happier surrounded by people who actually care.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer your main question about how to start a conversation, but I believe that you'll have less of a problem trying to start a conversation with people who get you.
    Thank you. <3

Let me tell you a bit about my life.
    When I was in kindergarten, I can talk about cartoons with my friends. I moved to a new school when I was in Grade 5, I had been bullied for like 2 months. They stopped bullying, hurting, and pranking me because of my grades are high. My grades helped me a lot. Now I'm in Grade 9, my grades dropped. I feel depressed. I have different interests from my friends. I don't have many friends right now. I can only talk to my old school friends. They listen to me and help me with my problems.

Maybe if I study harder, my grades will be better, and they will respect me.

Why even bother?
    If they do not like or care for you, just stop hanging around them or they'll be talking about you behind your back. (I have no doubt that they prolly already did; people aren't the best creatures in the world)
    Try not to mind the people, you can be fine even when alone.
    Trust me; I'm actually now in a similar situation. (just that I don't try to talk much since I can already know what everyone thinks or me and what they're thinking)

Just focus on your studies; those are the stuff that are going to help you.
    Having fake friends isn't.
    ιgη: ρяσℓℓу
    ρσωєя ℓєα∂ѕ тσ ¢σяяυρтιση, ωнιℓє αвѕσℓυтє ρσωєя ¢σяяυρтѕ αвѕσℓυтєℓу.

it might be better if u abandom those a-holes and not leave this community. atleast we know well enough about a person's feelings to shoo them away. also

WHEN WERE U TOXIC???????

?????????????????

one more thing:
    be friends with people all around the world instead of hanging on those douchebags
    Ign: ItzEaglet

Discord: wallop#1435

http://static.allureofnds.net/images/siglinks/big.png

Click pwease^

pwease supportz

Profile Pic by ElectroLava9

You can start like some trending topics like:
    "Hey! Are you going to watch endgame?"

And you can slowly move on to other topics.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Guides

Its weird because many people comes at me to have a conversation. I barely started a conversation.

Just come up to them and try to catch up to their topic or start an interesting topic that interests you and your friends.
    My face every day

Your avatar is ugly.
    Change now

Shading Pack:

1. Put your hand on him/her shoulder.

2. Say “Hey.” in a very deep and sexy voice.

3. Start talking.

Rip siggy.

IGN:
    ??

Discord:
    Wite#0396

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Its weird because many people comes at me to have a conversation. I barely started a conversation.

Just come up to them and try to catch up to their topic or start an interesting topic that interests you and your friends.
    When I was in my first school, friends always came and had conversations to me even though I didn't really talk to them. I was being shy.

Thank you. The only place I can talk about my interests is the internet. And also, my old school friends.

you don't simply start a conversation with someone you want to,it doesn't just simply happen,some people don't want to talk to anyone

even if you started a convo,you might just end it within a short time,things just work out if someone enjoys talking to you
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    you don't simply start a conversation with someone you want to,it doesn't just simply happen,some people don't want to talk to anyone

even if you started a convo,you might just end it within a short time,things just work out if someone enjoys talking to you
    Thank you Liquify. Will do what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    You can start like some trending topics like:
    "Hey! Are you going to watch endgame?"

And you can slowly move on to other topics.
    I had already tried something like that but didn't work because they didn't know things I said and told me to shut up, they didn't care. Even though I still listen to them talking to me about stuff I don't know. I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBro View Post
    I had already tried something like that but didn't work because they didn't know things I said and told me to shut up, they didn't care. Even though I still listen to them talking to me about stuff I don't know. I don't know what to do.
    Dude if there that rude then they obviously aren't your friends, screw them man.
    Find some people who are willingly to be there for you and actually talk to you, someone who cares about you.
    That's what a friend is, not someone who constantly belittles you and makes you feel unwanted.
    You need some friends who will bring you up instead of put you down.
    PRAISE THE SUN!!!

National Flag Club

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBro View Post
    Thank you. <3

Let me tell you a bit about my life.
    When I was in kindergarten, I can talk about cartoons with my friends. I moved to a new school when I was in Grade 5, I had been bullied for like 2 months. They stopped bullying, hurting, and pranking me because of my grades are high. My grades helped me a lot. Now I'm in Grade 9, my grades dropped. I feel depressed. I have different interests from my friends. I don't have many friends right now. I can only talk to my old school friends. They listen to me and help me with my problems.

Maybe if I study harder, my grades will be better, and they will respect me.
    Good grades don’t define you. Friends should appreciate and respect you no matter what your grades are. If they don’t like you as a person, they play no part in your life. Grades are material, you are not.
    IGN: Cress
    Je vois la vie en rose.

You shoud leave those asshats in my opinion. But it wouldnt hurt to know how to talk to people, no?

People looove talking about themselves. So instead of talking about your likes and interests, ask them what they like, about their family, anything interesting happen to them lately, anything about them. But try not to sound too creepy.

Then you can let the convo flow from there. As they are sharing parts of their life to you, you may hear things that you relate to and that's your cue to share stories about yourself. That'd also show them that you can relate to them more.

Don't force yourself to an environment where you don't fit in.
    IGN: Setsune (inactive)
    ~

fixed the link!
    https://malsignature.com/?/view?user...D&style=normal
    - More -

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Wite2 View Post
    1. Put your hand on him/her shoulder.

2. Say “Hey.” in a very deep and sexy voice.

3. Start talking.
    I'm not sure that will work. I hate when someone invades my personal space. So, hands on shoulders only pissed me off.
    Just say 'Hey', stay calm, relaxed, and start talking about anything that may be interesting to both of you.

if you call them your friends, then they should respect you for what you like. It's okay if you guys like different things, but what isn't okay is that if they don't respect you for what you love.

Also, it's okay to be a loner sometimes. If people around you are toxic, might as well stay out of their way rather than getting their toxicity too. You don't always have to fit in.
    IGN: cynne
    Level:56

Neck Items and all colors of Much-Too-Small Shirts, 1/wl at CALYYX

I love Broadway UwU, yes, i am a [girl] gril

if u see this,i hope ur having a verryyyyy wonderfullll day UwU

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Setsune View Post
    Don't force yourself to an environment where you don't fit in.
    Great advice. If you feel somehow uncomfortable with those people, probably they are not 'your' people.