Thread: Antisocial/Introverted Experiences

Default Antisocial/Introverted Experiences

Hi.

This kind of thread just popped up in my mind because these kinds of things keep happening to me,and I'm sure most of the forumers are introverted and I'm pretty sure they can relate to my and your experiences (If you want to share them) too.

You can share whatever you want down below, I guess.

A few of my friends wanted to go on a beach summertime trip and they chose Brighton, UK. I was invited since they already knew I had no plans for the week. I didn't want to come but they insisted,and since I didn't want them to think that I was getting distant with them,I reluctantly joined the trip. It was for 3 days,but then cut down to 2 since a friend of mine was having schedule problems. So of course,I went on to pack the normal things someone brings in a trip. I brought myself a novel since I was gonna continue it and I don't really want to swim. So we went there and it was somewhat nice,decent scenery and stuff. They wanted me to swim,I didn't want to but I did,since (same reason as earlier),I did. 15 minutes in I quickly left the beach front because of my innate fear of the ocean and its unknown and scary creatures. I did have fun with the company of my friends,but I could've done something more productive like,Idk,studying since I didn't have anything for the weekend,if I could've just kept saying no but my self-conscience said otherwise.

Some other,minor experience: Me and my friends were talking to each other and having different topics and the topic of favorite colours popped up. The question was asked me that question, and since I figured that I wasn't gonna be asked that question frequently and would never need that information in life,I had no answer for that question so I was in a hot seat since choosing a color reflects on what kinda person you are. I didn't choose Red or black since they'd think it's too edgy and stuff,I didn't choose yellow,orange since it resembles a flashy personality , blue since it's too generic and plain, pastel colors since it's too,tbh idk why I didn't choose that. So I chose navy green since it looked like nobody was gonna expect choosing that color. I was sweating in a topic about everybody's favorite colour,tarnation.

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...2&d=1554470952

Choosing a certain colour that represents someone lol no way

I like black and white.
    Does it mean that I am dull?
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
    Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Guides

dude red is so vibrant its great
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA

I love pink, yellow, and green but also black. People are always curious because im an edgy person who doesnt give a fck about everything. But hey, i have a great explanation in case they ask about why.
    My face every day

Your avatar is ugly.
    Change now

Shading Pack:

Aye.

I've gotten a similar case too,since Elementary till up to High School,2nd Year. Most of my "friends" were just leeches trying to make the best out of my "I'm very conscious of how people think of me so I do my best to make them have a good expression of me which makes their expectation bar higher than it should be" attitude. I try to help them in academics and the such,but when I genuinely need help,like in group works per se, they leave it to me,since I was that "smart person" that everyone looks high on but is actually struggling with relationships with other people and in turn damages his/her (Internet Anonymity,so his/her should be fine.) academics. I've decided to cut off ties in 2nd year,but that made me more conscious of how people perceive me as I am. It was hell of a ride.

Well,there were some that I didn't cut off ties with,a small bunch. It was purely beneficial to both parties,I help with Mathematics,History and Science,help me with Religion and English. It worked,I guess.

Squire

i like red and black

I was basically deriving the equation of life when someone asked me to borrow a pencil. I spent around 5 seconds trying to analyze the probability of them giving it back, when I could've just said no from the very start, because I didn't like the person who was asking.
    "I...It's not empty words I'm after. There was something else I desired all along. Not mutual understanding, friendship, companionship, or anything of the sort. I simply wish to understand... because being in the dark terrifies me. It's an awfully self-indulgement, egoistic, and arrogant wish. ... If it's possible to have a relationship where you're free to burden one another with that repulsive self-gratification...I know that it's out of the question! ... Even so, I want something genuine".

One time there was a new kid at my youth group, so despite being very antisocial I tried to start a conversation to try and make sure he felt welcome.
    Me: So, do you watch any youtubers?
    Kid: Logan Paul
    This actually shocked me and it probably would’ve gotten really awkward really fast but someone else stepped in. It’s not amazing, but it was funny to me at the time.
    Discord: Saltimas#8154

This is a very nice signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroczy View Post
    Hi.

This kind of thread just popped up in my mind because these kinds of things keep happening to me,and I'm sure most of the forumers are introverted and I'm pretty sure they can relate to my and your experiences (If you want to share them) too.

You can share whatever you want down below, I guess.

A few of my friends wanted to go on a beach summertime trip and they chose Brighton, UK. I was invited since they already knew I had no plans for the week. I didn't want to come but they insisted,and since I didn't want them to think that I was getting distant with them,I reluctantly joined the trip. It was for 3 days,but then cut down to 2 since a friend of mine was having schedule problems. So of course,I went on to pack the normal things someone brings in a trip. I brought myself a novel since I was gonna continue it and I don't really want to swim. So we went there and it was somewhat nice,decent scenery and stuff. They wanted me to swim,I didn't want to but I did,since (same reason as earlier),I did. 15 minutes in I quickly left the beach front because of my innate fear of the ocean and its unknown and scary creatures. I did have fun with the company of my friends,but I could've done something more productive like,Idk,studying since I didn't have anything for the weekend,if I could've just kept saying no but my self-conscience said otherwise.

Some other,minor experience: Me and my friends were talking to each other and having different topics and the topic of favorite colours popped up. The question was asked me that question, and since I figured that I wasn't gonna be asked that question frequently and would never need that information in life,I had no answer for that question so I was in a hot seat since choosing a color reflects on what kinda person you are. I didn't choose Red or black since they'd think it's too edgy and stuff,I didn't choose yellow,orange since it resembles a flashy personality , blue since it's too generic and plain, pastel colors since it's too,tbh idk why I didn't choose that. So I chose navy green since it looked like nobody was gonna expect choosing that color. I was sweating in a topic about everybody's favorite colour,tarnation.
    Ah, the supreme human mind at its finest! You're quite of a deep thinker. You know, typically no one ponders specifically about such a simple and innocent question. Can't blame you for that, though. It's just the way how genes work and stuff. But also, you can possibly just arrange your answer swiftly without a long, inane pause, and my advice is for you to act unbothered and calm. I've had some awkward and cringe-worthy situations like this before. When your classmate asks you if he can pair up with you for a project and you do not know whether to piss him off with a direct and instantaneous 'no', or pulling off a tense delay and making him wait till tomorrow in hopes of him forgetting about the subject. The thing is, though, I'm an ambivert. So I don't closely relate to your thought there. But, anyways, my advice, as I said, is to just forcefully ignore the embarrassment in your mind and choke and sputter out your words carelessly, trying not to make your cheeks glow red. It's worth the pain because you're only going to go through this very short predicament once a while.
    Goodbye.

I don't like communication really much, but I always enjoy the times with my friends whenever they ask me out
    Permabanned through requesting.
    A fan of Touhou and Hatsune Miku, I also like anime.
    Latest Youtube Video:

Koishi Komeiji Best Girl

Quote Originally Posted by MMSTYLE View Post
    Ah, the supreme human mind at its finest! You're quite of a deep thinker. You know, typically no one ponders specifically about such a simple and innocent question. Can't blame you for that, though. It's just the way how genes work and stuff. But also, you can possibly just arrange your answer swiftly without a long, inane pause, and my advice is for you to act unbothered and calm. I've had some awkward and cringe-worthy situations like this before. When your classmate asks you if he can pair up with you for a project and you do not know whether to piss him off with a direct and instantaneous 'no', or pulling off a tense delay and making him wait till tomorrow in hopes of him forgetting about the subject. The thing is, though, I'm an ambivert. So I don't closely relate to your thought there. But, anyways, my advice, as I said, is to just forcefully ignore the embarrassment in your mind and choke and sputter out your words carelessly, trying not to make your cheeks glow red. It's worth the pain because you're only going to go through this very short predicament once a while.
    Easy to say for you and for basically everyone,hard to actually do it though. But the thing is,its as if some random questions pop up in my head about what's gonna happen and etc.