Thread: Mods make their own rules?

Lesser Wizard

Default Mods make their own rules?

Today I noticed that our in game moderator @Anulot was online, I'm not sure if it was him only but here is what happened.

So basically mods are making their own rules for some reason nowadays.

Anulot was sbing about people sbing about hacking sites, yes it is illegal as we can see it in rules. Later I noticed someone spoiled a small part of Endgame film, and the player got banned, I guess it was Anulot. Now here is the thing... There is no such rule in growtopia /rules where you CANNOT spoil a film. Thats just a rule some moderator made up...

Anime characters are illegal in gt?

Removed by Anulot, see thread reply

If there is something players can't do then maybe write it in the in game /rules. It just sad to look at how players get banned for such dumb reasons.
    Last edited by Anulot; 04-27-2019 at 07:20 AM. Reason: see reply
    Im a random guy

Ruining others experiences will always get you banned.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...rning-spoilers

Read it ^^
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Ruining others experiences will always get you banned.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...rning-spoilers

Read it ^^
    And what about the anime character?
    Im a random guy

I don't think giving spoilers is fun, plus it's something done purposefully to annoy people. There's no need to be exact rule about that as rules written in general and cannot contain every single possibility.

"Players that harmful the community may be banned. This includes accounts that use lies, fake games, or trickery to mistreat other players."

Making a thread in the forums that only ~500 people will read does not inform all 40k players tysm

IGN: Chicadi
    EXP. Level: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Spray View Post
    Making a thread in the forums that only ~500 people will read does not inform all 40k players tysm
    It has always been a rule
    Hello friends I am Corrects and I am also a Pillar of the Community, I am a very hardworking man that sold his soul to soulely help the people from the Forums. I am an epic gamer and thats why I am kind of a big deal. Oh and, i am banned too btw

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Spray View Post
    Exactly, it's like what happened to the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
    Not many knew they shouldn't remove the protective layer so their phones broke. Who's fault is it? Of course not the reviewer's fault because Samsung didn't make it clear not to do so.
    Same here, the rule has to be clear and viewable by everyone if they want to punish for breaking it. You can't punish someone who didn't know this was illegal (because of an unofficial rule a moderator made up on the forums where almost no one sees it)

- - - Updated - - -

It has always been a rule
    I'd like to see where
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post

I'd like to see where

"Players that harmful the community may be banned. This includes accounts that use lies, fake games, or trickery to mistreat other players."

Anulot made the thread as a friendly reminder. not a new rule at all

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Exactly, it's like what happened to the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
    Not many knew they shouldn't remove the protective layer so their phones broke. Who's fault is it? Of course not the reviewer's fault because Samsung didn't make it clear not to do so.
    Same here, the rule has to be clear and viewable by everyone if they want to punish for breaking it. You can't punish someone who didn't know this was illegal (because of an unofficial rule a moderator made up on the forums where almost no one sees it)

Dude bravo great argument

Anulot made the thread as a friendly reminder. not a new rule at all
    Well yes but actually no. Spoiling a movie isn't harmful at all.
    What if I tell you that you'll be more tempted to go watch the movie?
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

1. Spoiling movies is considered to be "Harmful to the community", most people above this post got it right. We discussed this in a thread a few days ago, you can find it if you check my previous replies. It makes people incredibly upset and is seen as a major jerk move.

2. I can't discuss individual player punishments, but you know that is something that is illegal and not allowed in our community. It's an incredibly inappropriate concept and especially not something that should be discussed publicly. (I removed the part where you said it so forumers wouldn't go google it if they didn't know), it's not just an "Anime concept". Especially given the context and the world name it was being broadcasted from, it's obvious it was done to stir trouble. What happens when a younger player looks it up to see what it's all about?

Thread closed, feel free to reach out to me or support with any questions.

Discord - https://discord.gg/jenulot/
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/jenulot/
    YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/jenulot/
    Instagram/Twitter - @Anulot_GT