Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certain "content" creator seemingly abusing his giveaways

Smile

I suggest stopping before the admins/mods doing anything. I’m sure they know who ur talking about.
    IGN:YandereDemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today

ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    Let me just say, it was a coincidence that he hosted them on easter SEEING it was a bit after he got his blocks. The person who got the block was an actual hacker, 3 people won the mystery door, he hosted other games like True or False and Catch the egg and did not scam Furyturtle. Everyone just looks at a post and think, eh seems realistic, but doesnt realise that famous people can manipulate situations to make others seem like the bad guy
    I don't know man, go talk to the numerous people who played in his giveaways that. Some of my friends participated and were banned after this guy raged. The alledged "hacker"'s reaction was genuine too, real surprise in being accused of one. If he was a hacker, then why wasn't he banned I wonder? I know a lot of people who know of his past sins such as phishing, what's your relation to him? I assure you, there's a lot more behind the "friendly" face of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    Don't jump into conclusions guys.
    This content creator is clearly in the wrong. If you want to see all the proof check out my Instagram. This content creator admitted to giving away my 40 worldlocks (scamming). He then says him and I should both be punished as a I was breaking a rule too which I wasn’t. INGAME rules is different than Instagram. His actions of taking my worldlocks was in Growtopia while my rant was on Instagram, 2 completely different platforms.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    This content creator is clearly in the wrong. If you want to see all the proof check out my Instagram. This content creator admitted to giving away my 40 worldlocks (scamming). He then says him and I should both be punished as a I was breaking a rule too which I wasn’t. INGAME rules is different than Instagram. His actions of taking my worldlocks was in Growtopia while my rant was on Instagram, 2 completely different platforms.
    I made a forum thread on this issue already but it got deleted without any response from devs.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Giving Fury's World Locks to a random person is totally a stupid idea. Doesn't mean that you can scam someone who made fun of you or ruining your reputation. That was really a dumb mistake. Content Creators should represent Growtopia in a positive way, not being hateful to the community, making rants and starting dramas.

I haven't said anything about his other actions yet. Enough.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

ALLOW CROSSPLAY FOR XBOX/SWITCH AND PC/MOBILE!

Since my previous thread on this topic was deleted because of obvious censorship, let me put this here.

For those of you unaware, OldGertie the content creator in question took 40wls from a guy for a pixel art commission, he then blocked the dude on Instagram and refused to give him back his wls/give him his pixel art.

Name:  D1B2B5D1-CEC6-4E47-BA1F-52A3A7E323C2.png
Views: 164
Size:  276.7 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw059prA...=1c2jed3uh5ct3
    This is the Instagram post made by the dude who was scammed ^^ (there’s a few more on his page too check his recent posts)

He claimed to give away his wls “as a lesson” which is completely stupid you can’t just steal something and not return it / give the product you suggested. He literally scammed this dudes 40wls and is trying to play it off like it’s no big deal.

This guy is seriously unfit to be a member of the community and frankly should be banned for all of the recent atrocities he has committed, I really hope the only reason he hasn’t is that nekorei has been out of the office because this is absurd.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Guys he’s an influencer so it’s ok for him to do

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    I don't know man, go talk to the numerous people who played in his giveaways that. Some of my friends participated and were banned after this guy raged. The alledged "hacker"'s reaction was genuine too, real surprise in being accused of one. If he was a hacker, then why wasn't he banned I wonder? I know a lot of people who know of his past sins such as phishing, what's your relation to him? I assure you, there's a lot more behind the "friendly" face of his.
    I dont want to call him out because i only have heard rumours which i dont even know are true or not but he is a genuine nice guy and i came to the chest game a bit after the ‘hacker’ won, but hackers dont always get banned, they can change there names and hide from people or stop hacking. I am friends with him (not hacker) and hes been nice since the time i met him so...
    WOTD’s: RAYMANRACE, INCREDIBLESTWO, THEWORLDOFPIXAR

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    The weekly wish will make your wish come true! Join today by clicking on this pic

Join the bitelordists at THEBITELORDISTS!

Wasn't this the guy who asked people to donate so he could get his ldrag? Anyways, was never a fan of him and in my opinion he is quite 'babied' by the Ubisoft team.

"You must learn your lesson" LOL Who gave you the power to arbitrate? Putting yourself so high up on a pedestal.

This is why the less known youtubers should be featured as content creators. :/
    IGN:Yell0wTail

Level 94/125

UwU

Magplants- 4/4

Leader of Dynamite ~ (Atomic Fireball Mascot)

Lesser Wizard

Uhm this could have been avoided by returning 40wls, but hey let’s give it away to a “random” person in start. Like he could have prevented ruining his already sketchy rep by returning the wls or completing the service fury paid for, but hey what do I know.
    IGN : Notche
    BFG Link World : NotcheFarms

Goals ~
    200 Farms ~ 17/200
    10 Magplants ~ 3/10
    Level 100 ~ 39/100

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0wTail View Post
    Doesn't solve anything.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

All personal and irrelevant issues aside, the players who are featured as Growtopia’s top creators have the freedom to utilize the items they receive as a reward for their hard work in any way they would like. At least that’s my understanding. Now, some of the exploitations these creators are doing are not technically against the rules, but that still doesn’t make it right. Realistically, these players (the Growtopia creators) should serve as “role models” for the rest of the community. Unfortunately that isn’t the case, but most of them are nice, genuine players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0wTail View Post
    To be honest, I feel as though this would just make the situation worse. If you think about it, the reason most “famous” Growtopians don’t scam is because they don’t want to ruin their reputation. Sure, some players who have experienced such game have fallen from grace in the form of scamming, but it really isn’t too common. So, by adding more unknown players, I believe these exploits will only worsen.
    You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Knight

They must do an extensive background check first (not just base it on connections and followers) before featuring them as content creator.
    Curious about what happened in the recent Growcon? Watch this!

As I mentioned in a previous thread, this program is still new and we're still improving this based on community feedback and our observations of the current featured content creators. This is also why the batches only last for 3 months so that we can sort out who stays and who we will remove in the next batch.

As for the content creator selection, this is just the first, they won't be there forever. For the upcoming batches we will be more choosy and picky in our selections. However, there are no guarantees that we will be able to completely find out their background. We only check their game history and a bit of their social media history then later on evaluate based on their performance at this point.

Anyway, we're not disregarding the points provided in this thread and in the other threads pertaining to Content Creators and Community Hub esp. if the feedback given will actually help the program. However, I will be closing this thread down as it is become too personal.