Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TraxyScarf

Quote Originally Posted by alextclam View Post
    Hi Reg4shi,

Yes, I'm aware of that. That, in my opinion, also conflicts with the 'no name reference' rule of the subscriber item sponsor.

Once again, these people have not spent any time or effort in the game as we did (complete all epic quests) to be rewarded with an item in game with their name referenced in it. Their reward was to have influence in creating a new item only.
    The rule only applies to the item name. If we're not going to reference them in the Item Info Description, then it's as good as stealing their ideas.
    We cannot say that it's the Devs' ideas because they were asked directly by NekoRei for their suggestions. Using these ideas without giving them proper recognition is a no no.
    "Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you got to open your brain to the possibilities."
    — King Bumi.

^ ehmm seems error, ya write 5 times.
    oh ok i understand lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I think that the rule only applies to the item name. If we're not going to reference them in the Item Info Description, then it's as good as stealing their ideas.
    We cannot say that it's the Devs' ideas because they were asked directly by NekoRei for their suggestions. Using these ideas without giving them proper recognition is a no no.
    Ok, if that's the case then I believe that you guys should reference player's names on PAW items as most of those items were suggestions from players as well.

Or perhaps change the text from 'sponsored by' to 'influenced by'. Technically, they did not sponsor it. They won a monthly raffle.
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 104 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

So the guy got his name in the item, and then locked all the worlds related to it. And sold it for a big amount of DLs? Seems fair.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    So the guy got his name in the item, and then locked all the worlds related to it. And sold it for a big amount of DLs? Seems fair.
    I think all who was sponsors made name by themselfs, since at the start of the month buy+ related world always locked by a guy, who won subscription raffle. So it's not so bad, at least better then dataminers.

Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    Getting a player reference in the item name is against the subscription rules though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alextclam View Post
    Ok, if that's the case then I believe that you guys should reference player's names on PAW items as most of those items were suggestions from players as well.

Or perhaps change the text from 'sponsored by' to 'influenced by'. Technically, they did not sponsor it. They won a monthly raffle.
    It says “chosen by”

Edit: it only says “chosen by” on the TraxyScarfy, all other have “sponsored by”

Last time I checked I had: 1,827 subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    Getting a player reference in the item name is against the subscription rules though.

- - - Updated - - -

It says “chosen by”

Edit: it only says “chosen by” on the TraxyScarfy, all other have “sponsored by”
    All previous subscription items have now been updated to say "chosen by".

The name of the "TraxyScarfy" item has been changed to remove the name of the person it was chosen by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    The rule only applies to the item name. If we're not going to reference them in the Item Info Description, then it's as good as stealing their ideas.
    It has long been a disclaimer that ideas presented to the developers can be used without any credit being given. Lots of suggestions run by this principal, as someone pointed out previously, PAW week.

You could simply say the winner of the raffle for this month sponsored this item, no names necessary and no credit stolen.

Furthermore the monthly raffle currently undermines the purpose of sponsoring. Now a random person who has probably put in 1/100th of the effort that someone who has completed all the epic quests has, is being glorified in the /news, and the info of their own special item that a large percentage of the game will obtain and read.

As well as being allowed to lock several trade worlds for the item they made, giving them free DLS, an inconsequential reward that I thought was viewed as morally wrong by the GT Team given the stance on worlds won through giveaways not allowed to be sold.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    All previous subscription items have now been updated to say "chosen by".

The name of the "TraxyScarfy" item has been changed to remove the name of the person it was chosen by.
    the scarf isnt change name yet *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    It has long been a disclaimer that ideas presented to the developers can be used without any credit being given. Lots of suggestions run by this principal, as someone pointed out previously, PAW week.

You could simply say the winner of the raffle for this month sponsored this item, no names necessary and no credit stolen.

Furthermore the monthly raffle currently undermines the purpose of sponsoring. Now a random person who has probably put in 1/100th of the effort that someone who has completed all the epic quests has, is being glorified in the /news, and the info of their own special item that a large percentage of the game will obtain and read.

As well as being allowed to lock several trade worlds for the item they made, giving them free DLS, an inconsequential reward that I thought was viewed as morally wrong by the GT Team given the stance on worlds won through giveaways not allowed to be sold.
    i agree with this.

Maybe developers should make it so subscribers item world named are sent to a monthly giveaway of worlds too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth-Chan View Post
    Judge me if you want to judge, i dont care what you damn people say. I'd rather stay my true self than being plastic towards others.
    Instagram: @HeWhoKnows_gt
    I am an Editor for Growtopia Wiki
    Art contest 1dl giveaway here

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    So simply, we buy subscriptions and we get the right to sponsor items. I totally agree with whoever the Tracy guy is he deserves the worlds and he deserves to sell them. I am sorry but I would do the same thing, just to be rich. Perfecto! Don’t complain about TraxyScarf or Traxy’s Scarf just you guys couldn’t get the worlds locked and sold them
    WoodCollector or any other guy in the forums would do the same and lock the world.
    We are all humans and we are all jealous. Secret by secret we try to show our self proud
    that we aren’t jealous but if any other guy has won from forums and it’s name was bla bla no one would complain just a guy got some dls, don’t be jealous. tards
    i just go to the world buyTraxy. Traxy mad af. because the name changed.

So simply, we buy subscriptions and we get the right to sponsor items. I totally agree with whoever the Tracy guy is he deserves the worlds and he deserves to sell them. I am sorry but I would do the same thing, just to be rich. Perfecto! Don’t complain about TraxyScarf or Traxy’s Scarf just you guys couldn’t get the worlds locked and sold them
    WoodCollector or any other guy in the forums would do the same and lock the world.
    We are all humans and we are all jealous. Secret by secret we try to show our self proud
    that we aren’t jealous but if any other guy has won from forums and it’s name was bla bla no one would complain just a guy got some dls, don’t be jealous. tards
    I'm not being jealous and don't categorise us as "tards", that's incredibly disrespectful of you. I'm more disappointed that they are very nearly offering the same service to someone willing to buy a subscriptipn as they offer to the few people who achieve all of the game's penultimate goals.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69 View Post
    but is this allowed, he locked all of the following worlds:

buytraxy
    buytraxys
    buytraxyscarf
    buytraxyscarfs
    buytraxyscarfy
    buytraxyscarfys
    selltraxy
    selltraxys
    selltraxyscarf
    selltraxyscarfs
    selltraxyscarfy
    selltraxyscarfys

checked all these worlds 5mins after the update, TraxyGT owned them. And now check, all have different owners. was this intended, cuz the guy probably got free 300dls by now
    That's a joke right
    Wassup

No, not because you bought a subscription you have the right to sponsor items, the ones with the right to sponsor a item are the people who completed the achievements. And everyone have the right to complain because the rules said that the item wasnt going to have his name in it.
    Ign:Galuf
    Instagram: Polo_unu ( I draw )

Quality Waifu

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I'm not being jealous and don't categorise us as "tards", that's incredibly disrespectful of you. I'm more disappointed that they are very nearly offering the same service to someone willing to buy a subscriptipn as they offer to the few people who achieve all of the game's penultimate goals.
    Imagine risking irl money for a lamer sponser

Just to lock worlds

Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69 View Post
    but is this allowed, he locked all of the following worlds:

buytraxy
    buytraxys
    buytraxyscarf
    buytraxyscarfs
    buytraxyscarfy
    buytraxyscarfys
    selltraxy
    selltraxys
    selltraxyscarf
    selltraxyscarfs
    selltraxyscarfy
    selltraxyscarfys

checked all these worlds 5mins after the update, TraxyGT owned them. And now check, all have different owners. was this intended, cuz the guy probably got free 300dls by now
    I was in BuyRareName world and a guy was selling one of those, then he noticed the item changed its name , sad
    Ign:Galuf
    Instagram: Polo_unu ( I draw )

Quality Waifu

Hello guys,

As JamSandwich previously claimed, we have changed the item name because items are not supposed to have the person's name on these items, it goes against the rules.

This obviously has side effects regarding any buy worlds, but the damage of having the player's name on the item would be greater and render those that do the Epic Quest in a huge disadvantage.

Regarding the Worlds issue:
    A world value is determined by how much people are willing to pay for it, there wasn't anyone at any given moment telling players to buy/sell these kinds of worlds, plus, since players notice the issue and joined their voices together, there is really no big reason for people to rush into buying and selling it.

Again, any item/world value is determined by the players and market speculation, we don't intervene in those values.

Regarding TraxyGT situation:
    We are against Datamining and in some way, this player abused from locking worlds related to the item he wanted to see in-game way before its time.

In some sort of way, this is abusing from privileged knowledge and we do not tolerate that kind of behavior.

For that reason, we have proceeded with the removal of most of his "world selling" profits.

Cheers,

Do the old owners get back their world locks, as Traxy's earnings has been confiscated?

I feel bad for those people who gets outsmarted by the first ever owner of buytraxy, buytraxyscarfy, buytraxys and so on.

The owner quickly sell it and tell people that it was so cheap and real name so they should buy it.