94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 87.23%
  • No

9 9.57%
  • Other

3 3.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rant - Grow Events are Getting Boring!

+1, Its not fun and was never fun.When the events started i thought it was gonna be like 3 days every month or something (similar to carnival), not every weekend.

Guild Event: *Exists*

Autoclickers: FREE REAL ESTATE!

++1

Token idea is best as it reduces wls consumption by a great deal as well as helps use tools efficient
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

I may try to reply to all the posts soon but the poll seems pretty evident, we are now at 50 voters, 44 of which have voted that they also find the Grow Events boring in their current state.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Out of curiousity with geiger event too, how it could be happend.

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. What do you think we can do to make the Grow Events more exciting and engaging?

I would appreciate some good suggestions such as what @OLDSOCK suggested.

Introduce:
    Crime fighting
    Firefighting
    Chemsynth
    Geiger hunting
    As guild events

These are all the fun tasks that offer some enjoyability to growtopia, the menial tasks like farming (this is planting, harvesting, breaking and placing) are not something that should be a guild event, they are a chore.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#8185
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

Remove all events

Add 100 different mini games and is free to enter but cooldown 1 hour per game

1) no boring

2) no grind

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts, here - this is good stuff. Now that we're coming up on the end of Spring Clash and the first planned cycle (Summer/Winter/Spring), we're going to take some time to review the feature and this sort of thread is really helpful. We'll let you guys know what our thoughts are on the Clash and where we're going to take it before the next iteration (Summer Clash 2019) is planned to roll around in a couple months, so stay tuned!

Make it so that it's not dependent on wls, it's dependent on skill. If every single event is only about wls, and not about skill at all, nobody wants to do it

And the zombie apocalypse hasn't came in what? 6 months?
    IGN: Ephus

I've played Growtopia for 6 years now, but only recently joined the forums!

Level: 77

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Make it so that it's not dependent on wls, it's dependent on skill. If every single event is only about wls, and not about skill at all, nobody wants to do it

And the zombie apocalypse hasn't came in what? 6 months?
    This sort of note pops up a lot, and my response now is the same as it was before: It needs to be a mix. The very first iteration of guild events was completely undependant on WLs, and you guys burned yourselves out. It was bad. I agree that if it's only about WLs it's bad, too, and I also like events that lean more on things like Surgery and such for that reason. That's why we're trying to make sure it's balanced between the two.

And yeah, it's been ages since we got some zombies up in here, hasn't it? We're gonna look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    And yeah, it's been ages since we got some zombies up in here, hasn't it? We're gonna look into that.
    Suggestion to nerf amount of infections needed and also huge nerf to people who does chemynsyth during the epidemic
    Last edited by Corrects; 05-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

This sort of note pops up a lot, and my response now is the same as it was before: It needs to be a mix. The very first iteration of guild events was completely undependant on WLs, and you guys burned yourselves out. It was bad. I agree that if it's only about WLs it's bad, too, and I also like events that lean more on things like Surgery and such for that reason. That's why we're trying to make sure it's balanced between the two.

Please do fix apocalypse/buff mutated cell spawn rates/add more mutated items while you're at it
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 120. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

Make some upcoming monthly apocalypse 2 please. I want to kill zombies it’s our only form of pve (cool pve)

Then, the zombies it is.
    bye.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Thanks for considering my thread! Excited to see where Guilds go in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AT0MS View Post
    Not just adding activities, but adding various methods of point earning back into events, which could over time be balanced. But Crime-Fighting and Fire-Fighting could almost be the same event, since fire-fighting is quite a menial task and doesn't constitute it's own activity; Chemsynth obviously could include chemical-related tasks, such as combining chemicals; Geiger Hunting in Geiger Hills + Hunting in normal worlds (way more points in normal worlds than geiger hills since there is a cooldown); and concatenate the "farming" tasks into a single event.

A mix is healthy, I feel we've experienced it at both ends of the spectrum, and ultimately the entry cost is fundamental but points should still rely on what we're doing more than what we're using. About the zombies, some form of a revival for the apocalypse would be really cool, we definitely need to see that event more often.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. What do you think we can do to make the Grow Events more exciting and engaging?

I would appreciate some good suggestions such as what @OLDSOCK suggested.
    The team can start off by not depending on too much gems/rng for future updates.

Master Sorcerer

Also a thing that I been thinking abt is why getting on top 10 isnt worth a heck alot more tokens... why do they have to force us to be in maybe 7 events and max those when some players might have to maybe farm many days to afford and go ALL IN on just a few events. The top placements should Seriously be worth more then a few k tokens and an untradeble medal.
    Also the fact that some players can use 1-3 exq for personal 17 and others must use maybe 10... same as with these random luckbased rewards... some get some noob carriage each and every event and others are lucky to get many better items. I suggest there should be a set amount of usages for each tool and that we get to gather tokens along the personal ladder and that we can choose to buy a reward by choice at the last step. This way we could at least save up and get something we actually want rather then to constantly feel that we gamble away everything on trash items...
    If you guys wanna keep this luckbased system at least work out something to make sure rewards keep some kinda value... if every event had different drops that could help cuz less items of each kind would be avalible in game and even if the events goal isnt to render profit some players actually need some kinda return on their wls to be able to keep on playing a long season.
    Yes these weekly competitions is beginning to feel like a must do... and each week I ask myself why I keep on doing these knowing that I most likely will have spent h on doing a boring task only to end up with a noob item and a loss of dls...
    IGN:BlueBuzz
    LvL:125

+1, Would love to experience holiday/special themed guild events such as blarney, apocalypse, balloonwarz, growganoth etc.

Like uh I won't really care if it costs me some amount but please at least make it fair and not too tedious.

While we're on the topic of guild events, a "claim all tokens" would be nice to have
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#8185
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia