94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 87.23%
  • No

9 9.57%
  • Other

3 3.19%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rant - Grow Events are Getting Boring!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by AT0MS View Post
    While we're on the topic of guild events, a "claim all tokens" would be nice to have
    GOD YES!!!
    IGN:BlueBuzz
    LvL:125

Lesser Wizard

1. currently the guild events are focussed on guilds that can carry members who can do tier 17. There is little incentive for guilds that are open to lower tier members to do the guild event (which I consider less depth to the guild event).

to incentivise this group, pls consider giving an interim untradeable legendary prize after 2 branches are unlocked. if you want to stretch it, maybe to have another after 3 branches are unlocked. also, you can consider making all the final items in each of the branch untradeable so that it will be unique and hopefully, something useful.

2. I also do not like having to camp in trade world to buy pristines when chat is disabled. the amount of time can be meaningfully spent interacting with others to achieve the guild goals. some suggestions include: fix the royal lock so that owners can limit chats to 1 per 10s instead of silencing; create more ways to obtain pristines (currently is only via gems). how about through tokens, salesman, locke bot? but make it reasonably priced so that it is a meaningful option to buying in trade worlds.

my 1 cent worth
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Quote Originally Posted by mathiglia View Post
    Also a thing that I been thinking abt is why getting on top 10 isnt worth a heck alot more tokens... why do they have to force us to be in maybe 7 events and max those when some players might have to maybe farm many days to afford and go ALL IN on just a few events. The top placements should Seriously be worth more then a few k tokens and an untradeble medal.
    Also the fact that some players can use 1-3 exq for personal 17 and others must use maybe 10... same as with these random luckbased rewards... some get some noob carriage each and every event and others are lucky to get many better items. I suggest there should be a set amount of usages for each tool and that we get to gather tokens along the personal ladder and that we can choose to buy a reward by choice at the last step. This way we could at least save up and get something we actually want rather then to constantly feel that we gamble away everything on trash items...
    If you guys wanna keep this luckbased system at least work out something to make sure rewards keep some kinda value... if every event had different drops that could help cuz less items of each kind would be avalible in game and even if the events goal isnt to render profit some players actually need some kinda return on their wls to be able to keep on playing a long season.
    Yes these weekly competitions is beginning to feel like a must do... and each week I ask myself why I keep on doing these knowing that I most likely will have spent h on doing a boring task only to end up with a noob item and a loss of dls...
    I agree with all of these points, especially the luckbased factor, somebody may potentially use quadruple the amount of Exquisites to reach Maximum Personal Points than another person does but be rewarded with a Guild Noble's Carriage (or it's equivalent from another clash) while the person who used far less Exquisite Tools were rewarded with one of the better prizes. (The auras I think are currently the best prizes).

Quote Originally Posted by AT0MS View Post
    While we're on the topic of guild events, a "claim all tokens" would be nice to have
    One of the best suggestions, this would improve the prize ladder so much, it gets tedious clicking "Collect Reward" "Ok" 42-50 times a week.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    This brings me onto a slight side topic, some activities are incredibly boring in GT because of the way windows work, you have to wait for the window to CLOSE (yes there's an animation for a window closing) and then for the next one to OPEN (again, animation). This is awkward because if you start surgery with your inventory open, each animation sequence not only destroys the connection between your brain and your eyes, but it takes longer for the next window to open. (You'll understand what I mean if you try this out, do Surgery with your inventory bar pulled up). How windows work should really be fixed because it's trash and is 6-year-old GUI proving it's age.
    No one has talked about this but holy crap this should be way up on the list of things to fix. It slows down the game for me by so much. You don't have to create individual windows for each different action, that's a really messy way of coding and a time-consuming interface.
    ign: BladeGamer

While this is a thing, can we seriously discuss removing spring clash? Makes no sense to have three of four seasons for a clash season. Give it a few months for people to relax and prepare for the next clash, without having to flood the game with more items.

In addition to redesigning guild events, could we get some sort of addition to guild lock after maxing guild member slots? What i mean is that after reaching max guild size (75) we would still be able to collect XP (same as before) but it would be just a cosmetic improvement to guild lock. Like black frame around golden lock, crown on the top or even color change?

It would be purely for cosmetic purposes and would be like an incentive to actively earn XP even after maxing out guild.
    IGN: Imunity

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    Make some upcoming monthly apocalypse 2 please. I want to kill zombies it’s our only form of pve (cool pve)
    Bro *** true man, this is the only form of pve i see in the game (well except the boss ghost it sucks)

I wish we can participate in guild event without using those pristine thingy
    So some noobie like me can participate and enjoy the event
    IGN : Kihiro
    Cheap Angry Gorilla at BUYGORIL \(^_^)/

Goal :
    -Get Focused Eye : Done
    -Get Digger Spade : 122/200
    -Level 125 : 120/125
    -Have fun in game : 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    It would not be a good thing. See starkos reply way above.
    IGN: Imunity

Quote Originally Posted by AntiScamV View Post
    Totally agree guild events should be fun without shooting holes in ur wallet/wl collection

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    This sort of note pops up a lot, and my response now is the same as it was before: It needs to be a mix. The very first iteration of guild events was completely undependant on WLs, and you guys burned yourselves out. It was bad. I agree that if it's only about WLs it's bad, too, and I also like events that lean more on things like Surgery and such for that reason. That's why we're trying to make sure it's balanced between the two.

And yeah, it's been ages since we got some zombies up in here, hasn't it? We're gonna look into that.
    Do you have any idea how burned out we are now? In first event, we needed work hard 3 days. Now we need farm all our game hours, seven days per week so we can do this 3 days event. I can tell, that after 1 year of this, i started really hate whole guild thing. I can't ever rest, can't get guild full, cause so little amount of players do clash anymore and cause no members, i needed carry whole guild. I was so tired that i needed 2 weeks game vacation and even after 2 weeks offline from gt, i haven't still continued play this game actively. So this should point out how burned out i am after 1 year. I lost almost completely all motivation. Guild was my reason to play, but it burned me out so badly that whole game started feel bad.

So we need vacations. Not to recovery from lost wls, but cause we can't do stuff at weekends, cause we need contribute and at weeks, after work, would be nice to relax, but cause i was leader in top 10 guild, i needed just farm, farm, farm, farm.

And still... Noobs are growtopias future. They need fun stuff to do too. So p2w events arean't good idea at all.

And freeloaders! How to make guild, where all works equal, if you allow freeloading? We really need system, where leader sets minimum limit and if member doesn't contri this minimum, he/she can't collect any guild rewards. No tokens, no other rewards. They all need earn their stuff.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    It would not be a good thing. See starkos reply way above.
    Starkos reply was about first events, where was 0 milestone rewards and you really need to burn out for points. When people get every milestone reward, they don't need to do more. So, current events and old event can't be compared.

Master Sorcerer

most of them I guess. The slime event on the other hand, might get me back playing for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by LyveWyre View Post
    While this is a thing, can we seriously discuss removing spring clash? Makes no sense to have three of four seasons for a clash season. Give it a few months for people to relax and prepare for the next clash, without having to flood the game with more items.
    Supporting this.
    bye.

I see the "Time spent vs World Locks spent" argument a lot now. Both sides annoy me. I'm gonna rant about it right now.

I'm going to use TOURNAMENT as an example (While it does need fixing that's not the point of this rant) as currently it is "Time spent". You pay a small-ish fee, bring your battle pets and you can do as many rounds as you want. Obviously this is flawed in many ways.

But what worries me is what happens if we bring the "Time spent vs World Locks spent" argument into our plan: we have a new issue.

Instead of paying a small-ish fee, you now pay a small fee for each battle you do which quickly adds up. In addition to this, the fact that you can battle as much as you want apart from this means that it is, fundamentally, identical to "Time spent" with an extra layer of Pay2Win slathered on top. But if both sides are bad, what's the solution to the problem?

We ditch both sides and go down the "skill based" route.
    How do we do this?
    We add a limit on the number of battles you can do per day. Let's say 10. In around an hour you're done for the day. You only have ten chances to prove your skill, so you have to make them count! In this situation you have to be good at pet battling to be able to win. It's the ultimate test of skill. You know whoever wins the prize is the best.

In conclusion, the "Time spent vs World Locks spent" argument is bad because it ignores the best option: "skill based".
    Why am I using quote marks?
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

Knight

Bumping this since I really agree on this, I personally think that the events could be like in the good old days, but with reward milestones this time.
    IGN: CasualDennis
    My Goals in this game:
    Have fun while doing nothing.