Thread: Female Comet Hair

Default Female Comet Hair

This is to appease certain people (like me) who are upset over comet hair being a hairstyle geared more for boys. (Yes JamSandwich, girls are disappointed in the hair, as you may have noticed in Update Discussions.) Well, I decided to actually make a version of the hair that's suited for girls. Naturally, in the case that this version was also in game, it would work exactly like Diamond Horns or Will of the Wild: Equipping it and unequipping it will switch the hair between the boy and girl version, so the original version will be there for boys, along with, hypothetically, this version for the girls. That way, the Comet Hair would be suitable for both boys and girls, rather than just boys.

Well here it is (black background added for both the mental health of me and the viewers). Keep in mind that it is not animated because I was unable to figure out how to make an animation like the original comet hair (all the translucent pixels and all really annoyed me when making this.

I tried to imitate the style of the original comet hair, along with trying to make it work for girls as well. If this was put in game, the comet particles would travel downwards along the hair. I know it doesn't look as "comet-y" as the current hair in game, but this is the best way I could make a long girl hair. I guess, interpret the bit of hair on the right side as the comet tail, which would be about why the particles should travel downwards.

Of course, what I'm presenting is all under the thought that this hair does get implemented. This version may not be the best, and it's perfectly fine; I'm simply addressing many people's complaints that the hair is geared only for boys (which is quite a valid complaint). Here's a piece of feedback for future Legendary Branches as well: go for more gender neutral items. The Sonic Buster Sword, I may not have liked it, I could at least have worn with people being able to tell that I'm a girl. Same goes for the gauntlet. Items like hair should take in account for both boys and girls, especially when girls make up a decent chunk of clash's participants. Face it: Comet Hair gives no indication of the gender of the wearer, and given its very short length, it looks like a boy's hair. That's our problem with it. Most girls I know *want* to be seen *as* a girl, not as a boy. It does not matter what effect it has: if an item strays too much towards one gender, you'll alienate the other one, especially when the item is an untradeable item that clash participants spend months working towards.

Anyway, given a recent poll in Update Discussions, most voters being clash participants having earned the item itself, a good majority of the people want the comet hair changed; the very least you can do is address the primary issue with it: it leaving out girls.
    IGN: MadameZ
    Do i need to make this siggy any longer?

As a male, I'd wear that over the normal comet hair
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 111/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#6969
    Growtopia Discord:
    https://discord.io/growtopia

I support this. Hopefully something change about this. +1
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

Coming to think of it, did they actually ever release a feminine item related to the guild update? It was always (iirc) either unisexual or masculine, never thought of that till now though
    ign- brreak

disc- brreak#7220

Lesser Wizard

fix for males: rotate hair 10°
    fix for females: rotate hair -60°

Growtopia needs to add more girl items, the variety is very low and not that great.
    The comet hair you made looks amazing.
    Ign:Galuf
    Instagram: Polo_unu ( I draw )

Quality Waifu

OM*G!!! YES!!!!!! This is perfect solution!!!! This is a girl hair!!!! I want this!!!!! And devs, as you see, we need girl versions for items, for real. We just had 1 year boy guild seasons so either you now host 1 year girl item guild season, or you start do items what have girl version in it with boy version. You can't think that unisex products are good for girls. If those would be, then boys would complain that items are too feminine. So as long as boys don't cry about it, you know that you favored boys and screwd up with girls. And that is not fun. I don't know why i kept my mouth shut past whole year about this issue, and i wont do same mistake again. You need now see us, girl and woman players!!!! We are here and we want girly items!!!! See us!!!!

PS. MadameZ i will post your amazing edit in ig!!!!!! I want show this suggestion to everyone! I love it!!!!

YESSSSS THIS IS PERFECT! I'd absolutely love if this became an option, it's BEAUTIFUL ! Great job! No, AMAZING JOB! Also hopefully if this ever gets implemented the rest of the hair would get filled in for some snazzy one ring sets hehe anyways +1, please dev's if you see this this is what we, girls, had in mind
    IGN: Mistrella
    -
    Hi! I'm just trying to be a better version of myself so I can focus on accomplishing my goals!
    -
    Goals:
    - Have a mutualistic, trusting relationship with friends [1/5]
    - Have 1,000 posts [/1,000]

Lesser Knight

Yes please!!!
    Don't forget that we gals play this too! And we have different tastes among us also. More outfits and more stuff we can wear, after over 2 years I haven't yet found clothes for my character that I'm confy with. I would love some nice gear that is both practical and nice to wear. Now I need to choose between fashion or useful items... and because I need and want many of the buffs I end up looking like a mismatch... and oc all call me dude because even using neutral stuff all seem to assume that one is a dude...
    Last edited by hkenshin21; 05-06-2019 at 05:50 AM.

At the same time,they should redo the one for boys because it's ugly as well
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    At the same time,they should redo the one for boys because it's ugly as well
    ^^^

Couldn't agree more
    IGN: WOOPZIE

Lesser Wizard

Can't agree better! Having an option to choose between 2 hair styles would make this worthy to be an Litem
    IGN: Hypeer
    Level:125 Finally
    Worlds: FUND

Discord: Hypeer@1851

Goals:
    All Rings(4/9)

Follow me on Insta: hypeergt

Woahh ! How much time did you put into this? Amazing level of detail, and great feel to the particles. Reminds me very much of the current hair.
    Last edited by Sharox; 05-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on."

Uh, bump i guess.
    IGN: MadameZ
    Do i need to make this siggy any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by MadameZ View Post
    Uh, bump i guess.
    I posted this hair suggestion in ig and well, people love it.

D̸̼̲̣̮͍̝͙̹̺̣͎̔ͨͨͦ͆̊̿̌͌ͨͮͩ̈̉̊̈E̓̂ͮ̈̐ͭ̋̚҉͏҉̳̱̻̘͖̟̞̘̺

i love the dhorn idea very nice

Instagram: @ayielimao
    YouTube: ayielimao

Latest YT vid B)

Wondering what app did you use when editing this
    Good Day GROWTOPIANS!

HAVE FUN ON GROWTOPIA WELL IT IS A FUN GAME THOUGH.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...D0CD489F0ECCE/
    ProudPinoy!🇵🇭
    IGN: Aeios
    Lvl: 65/125
    Twitter: @reformats19

my suggestion is to make it a hat item not a hairsomething like a hood if im correct
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA