View Poll Results: Do you support this idea? (hit yes)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes yes

5 33.33%
  • no fk

10 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: solution for spammers, NOOBCHAT.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AMyThicalX View Post
    It’s not this bad but it’s unfair having new players not to talk they don’t even know how to farm.
    the level required to talk is so low, spending 2 hours farming dirt is enough, even less considering noob will farm higher rarity blocks from splicing. they can still talk but can't be specific.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    one of the worst ideas ive ever seen. i would rather have voice chat than this hot garbage
    think of it from the new players perspective: they are bored, browsing google play store to find new fun games to play, they see growtopia and give it a shot. they install it and open it with very low expectations since google play store is full of trash, they see that you have to get to a certain level to unlock the ability to speak, they think to themselves: "seems about right" and uninstall immediately
    they can still talk. normally, your first experiences of growtopia would be trading with randoms and visiting worlds, nothing hugely based on communication. the level requirement is low, by the time a noob wrenches himself to check his xp, he would be already halfway to level 3 showing him it's easy to level up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epikur View Post
    Bad, imagine finding out about Growtopia and when you start it you can't even chat...
    you can chat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    I've seen some pretty bad ideas for spam prevention, but this has got to be one of the worst, if not the worst.
    elaborate

UPDATE: ADDED POLL

Here we go again. Looks like another one of those peeps who can't handle criticism. Look, if the people CURRENTLY dislike what your idea is,it's fine, since you can learn from it and make some tweaks here and there to make it appealing. BUT, if you insist and your mindset is like "I have a great idea,anyone who threatens my well-being and idea is gonna get flame" then I'm sorry,but the world doesn't revolve around you. I'm getting the aura that you're this kind of person because of what you put in your poll and your recent replies to negativity.

That aside, they're trying to say that it's a bad idea because of a few reasons:
    1. Any newcomer who tries to play this game,and from the app description,it's a social game, would try to be sociable,as would anybody in a social game would. Limiting the words that can be used from the start would defeat the purpose.

2. This function would seem limiting and restricting,it's lime you've been stripped of the right of freedom of speech.

3. This is a double-edged blade. Yes you can restrict spam bots,but then again,you couldn't explore the game as much as you can. You don't understand something? You could ask a player on how to do this/that,but because of your low level,you can't. There's more examples than this one too.

4. Yes,you said that this can prevent spam bots,but not all of them. They can go and put up commands in macros on going to a world and breaking [X] amount of blocks(provided that they know how much they need to break till hitting the desired level) and go to a world and carry on from there.

5. You can't really strike up a conversation properly, as seen from the funny replies in this thread.

There might be more reasons as to why this is disliked by some,but I might've missed it.

Then again,nothing's gonna happen if you shelter yourself from criticism.

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maroczy View Post
    Here we go again. Looks like another one of those peeps who can't handle criticism. Look, if the people CURRENTLY dislike what your idea is,it's fine, since you can learn from it and make some tweaks here and there to make it appealing. BUT, if you insist and your mindset is like "I have a great idea,anyone who threatens my well-being and idea is gonna get flame" then I'm sorry,but the world doesn't revolve around you. I'm getting the aura that you're this kind of person because of what you put in your poll and your recent replies to negativity.
    it's my suggestion, you would expect me to defend the arguments against. flame? i don't recall being insulting anywhere in this thread. i sense cliche.

That aside, they're trying to say that it's a bad idea because of a few reasons:
    1. Any newcomer who tries to play this game,and from the app description,it's a social game, would try to be sociable,as would anybody in a social game would. Limiting the words that can be used from the start would defeat the purpose.

2. This function would seem limiting and restricting,it's lime you've been stripped of the right of freedom of speech.

3. This is a double-edged blade. Yes you can restrict spam bots,but then again,you couldn't explore the game as much as you can. You don't understand something? You could ask a player on how to do this/that,but because of your low level,you can't. There's more examples than this one too.

4. Yes,you said that this can prevent spam bots,but not all of them. They can go and put up commands in macros on going to a world and breaking [X] amount of blocks(provided that they know how much they need to break till hitting the desired level) and go to a world and carry on from there.

5. You can't really strike up a conversation properly, as seen from the funny replies in this thread.

There might be more reasons as to why this is disliked by some,but I might've missed it.

Then again,nothing's gonna happen if you shelter yourself from criticism.
    1. they can still interact but can't be specific hence still sociable
    2. no, if you're new to the game you haven't lost anything (freedom of speech). it means you haven't unlocked it yet
    3. which gives incentives for noob to level up to chat freely
    4. yes it would prevent mostbots since it wiuld take much longer to level up spam bots to talk and most bot owners can't handle several macros at once.
    5. same reply for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69 View Post
    it's my suggestion, you would expect me to defend the arguments against. flame? i don't recall being insulting anywhere in this thread. i sense cliche.
    well,not exactly flame per set,it's more like a vague reply that ticked me off,my apologies. I know it's your suggestion and you have to defend it and etc.,but those comments point out the flaws in the idea,it's better to help develop the idea further rather than to disrupt it altogether right? That said,think of this as a normal debate, one is on the affirmative side and one on the negative side,trying to point out flaws with each others points and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by sipsipsi69 View Post
    1. they can still interact but can't be specific hence still sociable
    2. no, if you're new to the game you haven't lost anything (freedom of speech). it means you haven't unlocked it yet
    3. which gives incentives for noob to level up to chat freely
    4. yes it would prevent mostbots since it wiuld take much longer to level up spam bots to talk and most bot owners can't handle several macros at once.
    5. same reply for 3.
    1 and 2. Yeah I get it, they can interact but the thing is here is that you can't speak as much as the normal player does and you can't convey a message really well using those few choice words. Ofcourse it'd be sad for actual genuine players that want to just socialize and not care about the actual game. This game isn't always who the richest person is or how to be rich,etc., it's to socialize and interact with each other and meeting new people.
    3. Earning your way to be able to talk is still not normal,but it kinda works in a roundabout way,I guess.
    4. Yes,yes it would.

The only things coming out of this thing is maybe worlds that let you wrench signs for free,using builder locks and letting you chat using those signs,since you can type freely in there. Another thing is that less bots,which is GOOD, but at the cost of maybe a new few players not deciding to pick up the game again cuz of the rule. I think it's gonna work best if you combine it with the Growpedia.

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

Lesser Wizard

bump, UPDATE, 50 hours played required

Hey guys - just gonna hop in since I want to see more of your feedback on this, too!

But first... There's nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate, as long as we keep things civilized! Every idea needs to hear both sides.
    Spamming is definitely a big problem. We're constantly looking for ways to improve the player experience in Growtopia, and thanks to creative players like you guys, we don't have to do all the thinking ourselves! Thank you so much for contributing to the solution!!!

The idea of having reduced chat access for new accounts is a difficult subject. We already have Broadcasts restricted to level 20+ or Supporter status, which cuts down on a lot of spam, so enforcing something further may have a bad effect overall.

I like Maroczy's idea about adding Chat access to the Growpedia. This is interesting in both a good and bad way. If the Growpedia were introduced as part of the in introduction/tutorial when first creating an account...

After reading these recent posts that address spam, I have some other ideas that I'm definitely going to bounce off the team in private.

~ Odric

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    I support this
    A moderator's vote counts as 10 votes, so the poll is 11-6.
    Seems like community loves this idea.

Lesser Wizard

If they implemented this 3 years ago I wouldn't be here lol.
    First thing I did as a noob is seek for tutorial from nearby growtopians
    IGN : Opening
    Visit my youtube channel
    https://youtu.be/A03F5ZvPRaQ

Quote Originally Posted by DyzerKeyzer View Post
    This suggestion maybe bit useless. Because spammers are lv. 125
    That's very true though. Spammer are also an autofarmer.
    And one more thing, this thing will ruin the apprentice and mentor update.
    Mentor: Do you want to be my apprentice?
    Apprentice: Ok!
    Mentor: First thing you have to do is to get your own world
    Apprentice: ... (But... how?)
    Ign/GrowID: Artlos
    Just be yourself don't try to be others
    And don't give up to reach your dream.

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ArtloS View Post
    That's very true though. Spammer are also an autofarmer.
    And one more thing, this thing will ruin the apprentice and mentor update.
    Mentor: Do you want to be my apprentice?
    Apprentice: Ok!
    Mentor: First thing you have to do is to get your own world
    Apprentice: ... (But... how?)
    The majority of spammers are level 1-2s. When they get banned, they don't have to simply recreate a new account and pass TUTORIAL, but they must auto farm each one to level five which is much more time consuming and so slows down the process of making spam accounts. I see most spam account owners would give up this way.

Second, it would not completely ruin the mentorship update. The mentor could place a public sign block and the apprentice can communicate from there.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Opening View Post
    If they implemented this 3 years ago I wouldn't be here lol.
    First thing I did as a noob is seek for tutorial from nearby growtopians
    In this age, you would watch youtube: how to get rich.

Lesser Wizard

bump''''''

mentorshipping?????? its not useless

Lesser Wizard

bump need more votes for yes

Lesser Wizard

bumping.ld

Lesser Wizard

bumping i.