Thread: How to counter inflation

Default How to counter inflation

This won't be a populist suggestion, but it's effective.

Get members of the Ubistaff to lock all BUY+/SELL+ worlds for new items.
    Eg: If a new update is gonna release some new block like The BiteLord block, get the Ubistaff to lock BUYBITELORD and SellBiteLord etc.
    Auction the worlds to the highest bidder. Thousands of dls removed from the economy with every update.
    IGN: BiteForce

Forumer of the year of 2017

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...601/him_60.jpg
    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

Master Sorcerer

I don’t find this fully reliable since players eventually create their own short forms for certain items. And Ubisoft might not be aware of them. Unless they lock all possible worlds of course.

But you believe something is better than nothing, this should be alright.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

Or auction off old worlds/usernames that are owned by banned/inactive owners.

?
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Apart from the manual work that would have to be done to be able to do this, I'd say this would be a pretty nice way to get rid of a good chunk of the locks out there.
    IGN: MadameZ
    Do i need to make this siggy any longer?

Actually this would be a nice idea.
    GrowID: ChickyBro
    Xbox Live/Ubisoft: RealChickyBro

Instagram: @realchickybro

Bring Star vs. the Forces of Evil back
    http://chng.it/CZkfpBw7MP

ALLOW CROSSPLAY FOR XBOX/SWITCH AND PC/MOBILE!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BiteLord View Post
    This won't be a populist suggestion, but it's effective.

Get members of the Ubistaff to lock all BUY+/SELL+ worlds for new items.
    Eg: If a new update is gonna release some new block like The BiteLord block, get the Ubistaff to lock BUYBITELORD and SellBiteLord etc.
    Auction the worlds to the highest bidder. Thousands of dls removed from the economy with every update.
    So your sponsoring a new block! Cool!

And do we really want to stop inflation?

Inflation could be a sign of a healthy economy.

It is interesting the effects of GT inflation. I feel as if it is different compared to the real world.
    I hope you have a great day.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Destelus View Post

It is interesting the effects of GT inflation. I feel as if it is different compared to the real world.
    GT has less economic restrictions.

That's literally all I can say LOL self explanatory.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

That's a lot wasted time for every item in every update for all the trade world variations. It would remove a lot of locks but It would take a lot of valuable time.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

I have to disagree with you 200%. First, Growtopia is in a great deflation! THATS THE PROBLEM! Its not inflation whatsoever. Let me be clear ; SINCE EVERYONE IS GETTING BORED OF GROWTOPIA, MANY RICH PEOPLE ARE QUITTING WITH LOADS OF DLS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. Which brings us to this --->thousands of dls are getting removed from growtopis monthly because of people who are quitting.
    If you had an idea of the current economy, and compare it to last year, you would notice how big this Deflation is. You might not be rich, or you might be. If you are rich you would feel that deflation. And by rich i mean You have at least 400dls. The deflation is real , let me state facts: GOLDEN ITEMS:
    Golden angels : Last year : 80dls ; Today 71
    Golden heart crystal : Last year 92-93dls ; Today 70-71dls
    Golden diaper ; Last year : 90-91dls ; Today 70-72 dls
    This is just a small glimpse on the huge economic problem we are facing. People who have invested in these items are losing dls , which is discouraging many people to invest in them.
    Moreover, If I compare BuyGHC last year traders to todays traders; The average trader in BUYGHC today has 200dls pure. I only know 1 trader who has more than 1k dls pure And there rest are all under 500 dls. LAST YEAR, All the traders(All quit now) Had over 800dls pure. There were even people with more than 2k dls pure. I used to be the noob of buyghc! Now? I am
    one of the top richest among the traders (My account is worth 1800dls). This is outrageous! You call that inflation. All golden items dropped alot, Some dropped by 10dls, others by 20 dls; Even the golden heartbow, Golden air robs, Golden teenys dropped by 20dls.I think growtopia should ADD dls in the economy since people DONT BUY WLS WITH GEMS . Peolle now are more woke and buy item packs and sell them for more value. And lets not forget auto farming ehich is killing the economy, Autofarmers are selling dropped gems. And the people who buy dropped gems WILL NEVER BUY WLS FROM STORE. The amount of wls lost in the economy is much more higher than me out of wls put into the economy. I also have to confess that I am contributing to this deflation too. I buy like 1k-2k vips from locke so thats rip dls🤣🤣🤣 every month. So please dont speak about inflation or deflation if you are not daily trading and active and an old player

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Trashedgt View Post
    I have to disagree with you 200%. First, Growtopia is in a great deflation! THATS THE PROBLEM! Its not inflation whatsoever. Let me be clear ; SINCE EVERYONE IS GETTING BORED OF GROWTOPIA, MANY RICH PEOPLE ARE QUITTING WITH LOADS OF DLS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. Which brings us to this --->thousands of dls are getting removed from growtopis monthly because of people who are quitting.
    If you had an idea of the current economy, and compare it to last year, you would notice how big this Deflation is. You might not be rich, or you might be. If you are rich you would feel that deflation. And by rich i mean You have at least 400dls. The deflation is real , let me state facts: GOLDEN ITEMS:
    This is just a small glimpse on the huge economic problem we are facing. People who have invested in these items are losing dls , which is discouraging many people to invest in them.
    Moreover, If I compare BuyGHC last year traders to todays traders; The average trader in BUYGHC today has 200dls pure. I only know 1 trader who has more than 1k dls pure And there rest are all under 500 dls. LAST YEAR, All the traders(All quit now) Had over 800dls pure. There were even people with more than 2k dls pure. I used to be the noob of buyghc! Now? I am
    one of the top richest among the traders (My account is worth 1800dls). This is outrageous! You call that inflation. All golden items dropped alot, Some dropped by 10dls, others by 20 dls; Even the golden heartbow, Golden air robs, Golden teenys dropped by 20dls.I think growtopia should ADD dls in the economy since people DONT BUY WLS WITH GEMS . Peolle now are more woke and buy item packs and sell them for more value. And lets not forget auto farming ehich is killing the economy, Autofarmers are selling dropped gems. And the people who buy dropped gems WILL NEVER BUY WLS FROM STORE. The amount of wls lost in the economy is much more higher than me out of wls put into the economy. I also have to confess that I am contributing to this deflation too. I buy like 1k-2k vips from locke so thats rip dls🤣🤣🤣 every month. So please dont speak about inflation or deflation if you are not daily trading and active and an old player
    I have to agree that you're right, but I believe that this wasn't his point. He just thinks that the game's economy has gone way too far. Back then, in 2013-2014, the average player had 50 world locks to 100 world locks at max, and now the average player has somewhere around 5-10 DLs, at least. I get that previous years had around 10-20 DLs, but it still feels like everybody is too to fit in with. If a new player starts the game, it's too easy to get high up. It's too easy to get devil wings from scratch now. It's easy to get 10 DLs in a matter of months, from scratch, because of new trends like autofarming and BFGs. GrowTopia was better back in the simpler days. At least a trip back to 2015-2016 with people having an average amount of WLs and DLs were the best times of GT. Now? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Destelus View Post

He's joking there will never be a bitelord block (probably)
    I don't play this game anymore
    I was LightX
    Discord: Light#2237
    Pet Rock Server (Rocky's Hangout): https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RealLightX/
    http://steamsignature.com/profile/en...8854601404.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonic View Post
    I have to agree that you're right, but I believe that this wasn't his point. He just thinks that the game's economy has gone way too far. Back then, in 2013-2014, the average player had 50 world locks to 100 world locks at max, and now the average player has somewhere around 5-10 DLs, at least. I get that previous years had around 10-20 DLs, but it still feels like everybody is too to fit in with. If a new player starts the game, it's too easy to get high up. It's too easy to get devil wings from scratch now. It's easy to get 10 DLs in a matter of months, from scratch, because of new trends like autofarming and BFGs. GrowTopia was better back in the simpler days. At least a trip back to 2015-2016 with people having an average amount of WLs and DLs were the best times of GT. Now? I think not.
    I dont see anything wrong with people having more dls or people getting dls easily tho. Now everyone has a chance to reach their dream items / worlds. In that way there will be a reduce in the gap between rich and poor people. Moreover, If people get dls easily, there will be more buying power in gt. Whats wrong with getting dls easily? People in 2016 were always nagging about how hard it was to get dls. Now they nagg about how easy it is? 🤣

I dont see anything wrong with people having more dls or people getting dls easily tho. Now everyone has a chance to reach their dream items / worlds. In that way there will be a reduce in the gap between rich and poor people. Moreover, If people get dls easily, there will be more buying power in gt. Whats wrong with getting dls easily? People in 2016 were always nagging about how hard it was to get dls. Now they nagg about how easy it is? 🤣
    Uhhhhhhh
    Logic fallacy right there.
    If you really want to "reduce the gap between the rich and the poor", this suggestion is what you need.

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!

Legendary quote below

This would also curb the data mining and locking of world's.
    How ever I think it will only increase prices, say new world is starting atuvh higher price with bidding then someone locking and selling for a bit and the world gradually gettingore expensive it's instantly 400+DL and actually only worth 200.
    So I actually think it would have a negative effect on inflation.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    This would also curb the data mining and locking of world's.
    How ever I think it will only increase prices, say new world is starting atuvh higher price with bidding then someone locking and selling for a bit and the world gradually gettingore expensive it's instantly 400+DL and actually only worth 200.
    So I actually think it would have a negative effect on inflation.
    That's not how it works. Buyers would only purchase it if they think it brings about net benefit. They wouldn't even buy the world if the cost outweighs the benefits derived from the world. Once it hits a certain point, pretty much no one would be willing to buy it.

Legendary quote below

Golden items dropped because Valentine's happened recently. Smh check yourself before you wreck yourself
    IGN:Yell0wTail

Level 94/125

UwU

Magplants- 4/4

Leader of Dynamite ~ (Atomic Fireball Mascot)

If a new update is gonna release some new block like The BiteLord block
    OMGGGGGGG CHOMPY CHOMP BLOCK

ign: cREamNut
    level: 56
    discord tag: BuffaloBom#6062
    my discord server
    add me on roblox
    my youtube channel. subscribe pl0x
    humama hihih
    2g2t.org time

That's not how it works. Buyers would only purchase it if they think it brings about net benefit. They wouldn't even buy the world if the cost outweighs the benefits derived from the world. Once it hits a certain point, pretty much no one would be willing to buy it.
    Sorry but it is how it works.
    I own buy worlds and see them being bought and sold for higher prices daily.
    It’s the source of many players income.
    The net benefit is the profit from SELLING THE WORLD not the items in the world.
    So when a world that normally would have cost 100dl-200 starts at 600dl because everyone wants to be the first owner and then boom all of a sudden buymonkeyhat is 1.2kdls and buy seed is 9kdls.
    It will inflate prices faster.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0wTail View Post
    Golden items dropped because Valentine's happened recently. Smh check yourself before you wreck yourself
    Valentine Did happen, IN FEBRUARY. Now its may, And gitems prices have been frozen since February. If you dont know what you are talking about dont speak

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhhhhh
    Logic fallacy right there.
    If you really want to "reduce the gap between the rich and the poor", this suggestion is what you need.
    Uhh No! See you dont get the point since you probably havent wxperienced being "rich" yet in gt.
    Let me make it clear, making wls easier / harder to get DOES NOT affect us rich people, Since we got our vend worlds and our buy+ worlds, SO IT DOESNT MATTER. We will still get profit easily Trading worlds and items. The only people who are affected are the POOR ones, Because if its hard to earn wls THEY WILL STAY POOR

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    Sorry but it is how it works.
    I own buy worlds and see them being bought and sold for higher prices daily.
    It’s the source of many players income.
    The net benefit is the profit from SELLING THE WORLD not the items in the world.
    So when a world that normally would have cost 100dl-200 starts at 600dl because everyone wants to be the first owner and then boom all of a sudden buymonkeyhat is 1.2kdls and buy seed is 9kdls.
    It will inflate prices faster.
    No rational person would buy something if they feel that it's not worth it. If they think 9kdls is overpriced, they won't buy it. Simple as that. And if they do buy it, that's 9k dls gone from the economy.

Legendary quote below