Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robot Wants The World

Super Moderator

Default Robot Wants The World

In celebration of Hamumu's latest game release, Robot Wants It All(itch.io link), I am giving away one copy of Robot Wants It All. (on either Steam or itch.io) Plus your choice of one 'Mod tool' (fire wand, freeze wand, or duct tape)

How can you win it?

Build a world, based around the Robot Wants series. Then post the world render in this thread.
    You may make your world however you like, but preference in judging will be based upon good aesthetic and fun gameplay. Of course, the world must also be themed around Robot Wants. This could mean adding your own chapter to continue the Robot Wants saga, recreating one of the games in Growtopia, or whatever sort of spin you want to put on the concept. Slapping a Robot Wants Dubstep on a parkour world will not be sufficient.

The Robot Wants games are primarily what are known as Metroidvania style games, so you may wish to implement these themes in the world you create rather than a straightforward parkour.

If you would like to research the original Robot Wants games, they can be found on many flash game websites such as Kongregate (this links directly to Hamumu's page).

The deadline for these worlds is June 21st. That's just over a month to create a world, so I want to see some good ones!

Additional prizes may be distributed in the case of a split decision.

Important Notes:
    • No entries after June 21st. Sliding deadlines have ruined past contests, be done on time!
    • Post your entry IN THIS THREAD! No submissions via other means! (unless stated otherwise in the future, I may open this Instagram)
    • MUST fit the theme. While it is open to interpretation, if its only relation to the theme is that you slapped Robot Want Dubstep all over it will not be accepted!
    • Pixel art is allowed, but will not necessarily score you any positive points if its size detracts from the rest of the world. Nice art is nice, but I want a good world too.
    • Teamwork is allowed, but note that the prize is one single unit that cannot be split or shared. Multiple copies will not be given to teams
    • Please make only one entry, just make it the best!
    • Bonus Points for world names containing "ROBOTWANTS"
    • Don't submit it until you're done, as your world may begin being judged as early as you submit them. This is to alleviate past issues with the judging process.
    • You must have an email or steam account to receive the prize! You may send it to a friend if you wish, but the gift message will say it was for winning this contest!

I anticipate that winners will be announced the first week of July.

More details/updates may arrive, so keep an eye on this thread if you're interested. I am considering offering an alternative Growtopia-based prize upon request if the winner has no interest in the official prize.
    Last edited by BlueDwarf; 05-19-2019 at 04:23 AM.
    Welcome to the RTSoft Forums! Here's a quick overview of how the forums here work:

Help end the epidemic of giant signatures! Learn how to Spoiler Tag today!

reserved. I really want the game
    I don't play this game anymore
    I was LightX
    Discord: Elyrion#8207
    Pet Rock Server (Rocky's Hangout): https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Elyrions/

Really cool idea, though I feel like you won't get a lot of good submissions

Last time I checked I had: 1,827 subscribers!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDwarf View Post
    In celebration of Hamumu's latest game release, Robot Wants It All(itch.io link), I am giving away one copy of Robot Wants It All. (on either Steam or itch.io)

How can you win it?

Build a world, based around the Robot Wants series. Then post the world render in this thread.
    You may make your world however you like, but preference in judging will be based upon good aesthetic and fun gameplay. Of course, the world must also be themed around Robot Wants. This could mean adding your own chapter to continue the Robot Wants saga, recreating one of the games in Growtopia, or whatever sort of spin you want to put on the concept. Slapping a Robot Wants Dubstep on a parkour world will not be sufficient.

The Robot Wants games are primarily what are known as Metroidvania style games, so you may wish to implement these themes in the world you create rather than a straightforward parkour.

If you would like to research the original Robot Wants games, they can be found on many flash game websites such as Kongregate (this links directly to Hamumu's page).

The deadline for these worlds is June 21st. That's just over a month to create a world, so I want to see some good ones!

Additional prizes may be distributed in the case of a split decision.

Important Notes:
    • No entries after June 21st. Sliding deadlines have ruined past contests, be done on time!
    • Post your entry IN THIS THREAD! No submissions via other means! (unless stated otherwise in the future, I may open this Instagram)
    • MUST fit the theme. While it is open to interpretation, if its only relation to the theme is that you slapped Robot Want Dubstep all over it will not be accepted!
    • Pixel art is allowed, but will not necessarily score you any positive points if its size detracts from the rest of the world. Nice art is nice, but I want a good world too.
    • Teamwork is allowed, but note that the prize is one single unit that cannot be split or shared. Multiple copies will not be given to teams
    • Please make only one entry, just make it the best!
    • Bonus Points for world names containing "ROBOTWANTS"
    • Don't submit it until you're done, as your world may begin being judged as early as you submit them. This is to alleviate past issues with the judging process.

I anticipate that winners will be announced the first week of July.

More details/updates may arrive, so keep an eye on this thread if you're interested. I am considering offering an alternative Growtopia-based prize upon request if the winner has no interest in the official prize.
    And wheres the prizes for bhe?
    WOTD’s: RAYMANRACE, INCREDIBLESTWO, THEWORLDOFPIXAR

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    The weekly wish will make your wish come true! Join today by clicking on this pic

Join the bitelordists at THEBITELORDISTS!

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    this contest is probably going to take 6 months and end with giving away a dollar to all participants
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

If your post has literally nothing to do with the thread... Why did you bother quoting the entire giant first post?

Super Moderator

They'll be fully distributed when I am free and able (probably once Summer arrives), though people that have sent me their details as I requested have had their prizes delivered already, as I said they would be.

This contest aims to eliminate all the issues I had with previous contests. No judge panel, no community vote, no sliding deadlines for entrants, and no entries accepted from in game mail boxes (while it's a nice idea to let everyone enter regardless of forum usage, it takes forever to document possible entries only to have to cross out 95% of them upon investigating). Most importantly of all it is scheduled at a time when I will have the time to actually judge the entries myself, as opposed to being scheduled at the start of the busiest 3 months of the year and relying on not-so-helpful helpers.

If you don't want to enter, then don't.
    Welcome to the RTSoft Forums! Here's a quick overview of how the forums here work:

In My Closet Where I Get a Millisecond of Sunlight a Year

the game seems epic, however im poopie at building worlds so i'll kindly pass. gl to all participants
    https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <Make your GT wish come true by clicking here! (NOT CLICKBAIT) (GONE WRONG) (IN THE HOOD)>
    Knowledge is power
    Manners Maketh Man
    https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanx99 View Post
    the game seems epic, however im poopie at building worlds so i'll kindly pass. gl to all participants
    I feel u bro
    IGN:Yell0wTail

Level 89/125

UwU

Golden Angels - 1/1
    Diamond Locks- 80/100

reserved

my world might be noob because i cant afford expensive blocks

i really want this game too
    ID: EYoshy
    World: EnchantedYoshi

Help support these to VOTW, thanks

What if too poor for pc

Reserving
    I love how people would break friendships for the sake of some yellow lock

Not gonna use fsjal avatar for now

Quote Originally Posted by xBeStGeMx View Post
    What if too poor for pc

Reserving
    Just don't participate then
    I don't play this game anymore
    I was LightX
    Discord: Elyrion#8207
    Pet Rock Server (Rocky's Hangout): https://discord.gg/ZSJc2hS
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Elyrions/

Super Moderator

Some changes to the original post:

This contest requires that you either have an email or a steam account to allow for the game to be delivered (in the form of a Steam Gift or Itch.io gift email).
    The game could also be sent to a friend or whoever upon request.

I have also decided that there will not be any alternative prize for those that do not want the game because I feel like that would detract from the purpose of this contest. Instead, I am adding a Growtopia based prize to the contest.
    You will now receive 1 copy of Robot Wants It All, and your choice of one 'Mod tool' (fire/freeze/tape)

Save me the date
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

Master Sorcerer

but doesnt hamumu hate gt
    Growtopia is like drugs, even worse.
    IGN: Zeh
    Level: 100
    CEO of AmazonGo

Reserved... I guess?

Reserved

I was looking for seth and hamumu's new game

Bumping! Calling all builders - now's the time to showoff your phenomenal talents.
    In-game Name: Viju
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018

Super Moderator

Two weeks left! 0 entries. That sounds like good odds to me.

Get out there and get building!

- Reserved -

Researching the game...
    IGN: xKellE | YT: DayZxKellE | Level 71 | Rent my BFG here