Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys do to Profit?

Default What do you guys do to Profit?

Title says it all. I have no Idea what to do with my wls so maybe you guys can tell me how you profit so I can have an Idea.
    SAVE THE EARTH PLOX

It depends your budget and skill.
    IGN : TUYULUDIN (PC/Mobile)

I get profit from buying Birth Certificates and Changes of Address from the store and sell them for 13 - 14 World Locks each. So I get profit 3 - 4 World Locks each. It ain't much but its honest work.
    MyAnimeList (updated!) ChickyBro
    I love Aisaka Taiga. I've been wasting time on light novels lately.

I have a buy+ world, and I farm aqua cave crystals once in a while.

Trading items, used to sell crystal shatters but since white crys has gotten so expensive... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    I drink vodka every day

a businessman never shares his secrets :P
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA

Master Sorcerer

Hm, I don't really do much to profit, I just play the game, and sometimes world locks just appear in my inventory. Not too bothered about getting rich, just progressing and having fun, got no long term goals as of the moment. I guess I'll just post a couple personal stories of my Growtopia life here. It's not going to be any use to you I doubt it, but I'll type it because I can.

BFGs allow me to get around 200 pepper seeds, which is 3 world locks per day from a farm. Not too sure, since I never sell the seeds, just keep expanding my farms and replanting all the excess haha.

A full bfg world with pepper trees is about 10-12k gems per harvest, (one surgical kit that is 8 world locks), each world can be harvested twice in three days. I just giveaway all the gems to my friends though since I don't have a need for them.

Providers are pretty nice too, most the time I forget to punch them, but when I do, it's just a small boost. I barely ever sell the baits from my 125 tackle box farm, rather just fish with them during Fishing roles quest, but it is about another 3 world locks worth from selling a couple uraniums, shrimps and mega pellets. Tools from my mini Surgical Tool Bag and Star Tool Droid farms are mainly used, but I sell the stitches and teleport charges sometimes. Science Stations I barely consider a profit method - rather just a easy supply of slime and shockinators whenever I need to build... stuff.

Fishing - no one considers this a profit method, but I seem to actually be profitting a bit while having fun with my Rainbow fishing rod, which sometimes upgrades the Salmon Eggs or Shiny Flashy Things that I fish with up to Shrimp Lures instead of just one tier up. Eh, just thought I'd mention that little fact lol.

Myself, I haven't really gotten into trading ever - not a risk taker myself, but I can see the potential in buying low and selling high. A month ago I bought Ancestral Seed of Life for 395 world locks, because I wanted my Pepper Trees to grow faster - the extra 5 hour delay in the 1d 5h planting time is annoying, but found that the 1% boost really didn't make a difference. Next day, it rose to 410, so I sold it. Definitely a method if you're lucky and know what you're doing, and loads of people recommend it, but eh - I don't take risks.

A really minor investment that I've always appreciated every since I've bought it was the Cosmic Cape. Free comet dusties when you're breaking blocks, who wouldn't say no to free stuff. It's always completely stable too, could sell it for the same price I bought it at today, but the free comet dusts are nice. Just getting a couple of them each time I decide to farm (not often) or clear another bfg world (quite often) is a nice boost, considering it is easy to sell 10/1, and not as rare as some people think.

I should stop now, I don't have a single idea why I'm writing this, but it's nice just noting down stuff about Growtopia that I do. If I actually dedicated myself, I'd probably be able to make quite a couple world locks each day, but I haven't paid much notice to profitting in this game.

-another long weird essay by Lorddirt

BFGS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!
    Level 112/125

Services:
    -Bfg services; you give me your farmables, I farm them- 5wls every time.
    -Gem selling; DM me for info-

If you want to get in touch:

I farm gt all day
    Please click

grinding is gay.
    i get ridiculously lucky with geigers.
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA

Lesser Wizard

f a r m (10chars)
    Ë

Quote Originally Posted by Ndjukatana View Post
    Info: For the first time i Saw alive rock.
    Ride item
    Size big

Lesser Wizard

Buy low sell high
    I hope you have a great day.