Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's how to fix the BUY+ world issue

Exclamation Here's how to fix the BUY+ world issue

People visit BUY+ worlds to buy/sell their items.
    But what if that suddenly changed…
    Introducing... the marketplace!

Click on the new marketplace icon placed somewhere on the screen and a popup message will appear containing two buttons:
    Create a new offer/ Search for offers

Clicking on "Create offer" opens a window which asks the user to select the item from their backpack and set a price. We'll have to limit the amount of offers one can create to around 3-4 to reduce spam. To reduce spam even more, for a given world, you can only post an offer for an item no one else has created an offer for, example incoming
    ===
    Let's say I am in "MYLOVELYWORLD" and I posted an offer for Laser grids. No one else in that world can offer Laser grids anymore, thus stopping the spam of multiple devices with multiple accounts spam offering to be seen first. They can still offer other items though as long as those are not offered already in that world.

And clicking on search for offers opens up this form

============
    Growtopia marketplace
    Item name:
    ============

Upon submitting, a list of offers will appear, and all the user has to do is to click the "Go" button, which warps him to the seller.

To prevent expired offers, the offer is automatically discarded if the seller leaves the world, or if he doesn't have the item in his backpack anymore.
    This solution in particular encourages socializing since you're not trading with a machine, and renders spammers useless since people won't be using trade worlds anymore.
    And that's called decentralisation, instead if having one trade world for all transactions for an item, they're now spread all accross Growtopia and centralized into the marketplace owned by Ubisoft.

What do you think?
    Give me your suggestions!

FAQ:
    Last edited by GrowStone; 05-15-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Hmmm is this sort of like the community market in steam..?

I might be wrong..

If it is similar..please don't add tax :C

I like the concept of how the owner and item must be present
    Did you know that penguins have knees?

I enjoy looking through the forums..but not playing the game...I'm weird .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Randious View Post
    Hmmm is this sort of like the community market in steam..?

I might be wrong..

If it is similar..please don't add tax :C
    No taxes, placing an offer is free
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Oh..I updated the reply hehe..
    Did you know that penguins have knees?

I enjoy looking through the forums..but not playing the game...I'm weird .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Randious View Post
    Oh..I updated the reply hehe..
    Oh, just noticed!
    Glad you like it
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

This is kind of a thing that growtopia has needed for ever, but wont probably be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AsMoww View Post
    This is kind of a thing that growtopia has needed for ever, but wont probably be done.
    Let's hope Ubisoft loves us and appreciates us enough next PAW.
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

So they kept hoping and what did they get? Nothing.

Master Sorcerer

There should be a tax in wls to reduce spam and help with inflation tbh.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

So they kept hoping and what did they get? Nothing.
    But atleast we're trying

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    There should be a tax in wls to reduce spam and help with inflation tbh.
    But people will go to trade worlds if they have to pay...
    And if what you meant by spam is spam posting offers, then for a given item, the user can only post 1 offer for it.
    And for one given world, only one item can be advertised (meaning a user can't create multiple accounts and put a million offer for chandelier in the same world), offers for other items can be posted by others tho.
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

I think there should be an option on vending machines, something like "Show on marketplace"
    That solves the problem of false posts
    Also, if the item was removed from the vend, the advertisement would disappear automatically. Only 1 vend containing the same item in one world could be shown on marketplace.
    Then theres another problem, people posting vend offers with really low price, then blocking the vend with blocks and making a more expensive vend near.

I think there should be an option on vending machines, something like "Show on marketplace"
    That solves the problem of false posts
    Also, if the item was removed from the vend, the advertisement would disappear automatically. Only 1 vend containing the same item in one world could be shown on marketplace.
    Then theres another problem, people posting vend offers with really low price, then blocking the vend with blocks and making a more expensive vend near.
    The second most important point of my original post was "socializing"
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

Master Sorcerer DefinitelyNotMe's Avatar

+10

I've been wanting to tell this but it's just looks impossible to be added in-game, most of the mmorpg games does this they have (marketplace, or auction house) they basically removed the trading system soo less people selling items for MONEY.

and There's alot of vending machine that'll be useless. Soo basically this idea is really impossible UNLESS UBISOFT want some MAJOR CHANGES FOR THE GAME then maybe this is the wey
    Please Subscribe to my CHANNEL ( need 100 subs ) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPw...e_polymer=true

OWNER OF - BUYTIMEY

Beginner at EDITING VIDEOS/PHOTOSHOPPING

New Upload Video -

+1
    Amazing suggestion, I hope it gets added someday
    Ign:Galuf
    Instagram: Polo_unu ( I draw )

Quality Waifu

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotMe View Post
    +10

I've been wanting to tell this but it's just looks impossible to be added in-game, most of the mmorpg games does this they have (marketplace, or auction house) they basically removed the trading system soo less people selling items for MONEY.

and There's alot of vending machine that'll be useless. Soo basically this idea is really impossible UNLESS UBISOFT want some MAJOR CHANGES FOR THE GAME then maybe this is the wey
    I honestly don't get what you said.
    Implementing this is in now way a replacement of the traditional trading system. It is just a feature that allows sellers to post their offers, and buyers to search for offers and warp to the sellers.
    The three main selling points here are:
    1. You don't have to depend on BUY+ worlds often abused by their owners
    2. You'll be socializing with others (as Growtopia was conceived to be a game where you socialize, not where you profit)
    3. Say bye to spam! I mean, most spammers camp in trade worlds!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacame View Post
    +1
    Amazing suggestion, I hope it gets added someday
    Maybe if alot of people support this, it might become true?
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

Good idea even tho i don't play the game anymore.

The most important things that Ubisoft should look out for is:
    SPAM — to prevent this they should add some sort of system that detects same player/ip/device posting an offer and give them a countdown before they can post another offer again and if player tries to abuse that or bypass it gets, let's say ip-banned for 12 hours automatically since spamming fake offers will take longer for real offers to get sold.

BUGS — we all know there's a lot of bugs & glitches in game so they should look out for this. I know it's not like you put item for exact amount of wls in shop and wait till it's sold but i think others will find out some exploits how to abuse this system without getting punished and making worse and worse to all community when servers are going to be down due to "exploits" patching and banning players that were abusing it.

And things that should be added with the system automatically:
    • Offer disappears after 12 hours automatically or when player's offline. (Disconnect doesn't count)

Can't think of anything else but yeah. Giving a + on this.
    Last edited by Moksej; 05-15-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Mistake in thread
    Discord: https://discord.gg/XBh8NcJ
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moksej_gt/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Moksej

Hey
    • IGN: Moksej
    • Main world: MOKSEJ
    • TEMPO guild Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    Good idea even tho i don't play the game anymore.

The most important things that Ubisoft should look out for is:
    SPAM — to prevent this they should add some sort of system that detects same player/ip/device posting an offer and give them a countdown before they can post another offer again and if player tries to abuse that or bypass it gets, let's say ip-banned for 12 hours automatically since spamming fake offers will take longer for real offers to get sold.

BUGS — we all know there's a lot of bugs & glitches in game so they should look out for this. I know it's not like you put item for exact amount of wls in shop and wait till it's sold but i think others will find out some exploits how to abuse this system without getting punished and making worse and worse to all community when servers are going to be down due to "exploits" patching and banning players that were abusing it.

And things that should be added with the system automatically:
    • Offer disappears after 12 hours automatically or when player's offline. (Disconnect doesn't count)

Can't think of anything else but yeah. Giving a + on this.
    Looks like you didn't read the thread correctly
    Offers disappear automatically after the player leaves the world or if the item is not in the seller's backpack anymore.
    I also said that for a given world, you can only post an offer for an item no one else has created an offer for, example incoming
    ===
    Let's say I am in "MYLOVELYWORLD" and I posted an offer for Laser grids. No one else in that world can offer Laser grids anymore, thus stopping the spam of multiple devices with multiple accounts spam offering to be seen first. They can still offer other items though as long as those are not offered already in that world.
    ===
    And last but not least, for one given account, we could max. out the amounts of offers to 3 or 4.
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

Red face

Looks like you didn't read the thread correctly
    Offers disappear automatically after the player leaves the world or if the item is not in the seller's backpack anymore.
    I also said that for a given world, you can only post an offer for an item no one else has created an offer for, example incoming
    ===
    ===
    And last but not least, for one given account, we could max. out the amounts of offers to 3 or 4.
    I've read that correctly i'm just saying what he should add if it'll come out for real.

And by spam i mean they can't spam those offers while moving through worlds so in your suggestion it'd look like same player goes through 5 worlds and posts the same offer.

Offers disappearing automatically after leaves world would be super annoying since personally i can't stay in 1 world for minutes/hours until someone will come to buy the item i'm selling. Let's say the offer stays on player's account and detects when he's going off or item is out of his backpack. If someone is interested in buying an item you're offering they can just /msg you.

With multi-items selling i think they should add like boxes with possibility to type as many items as you want to sell and their price below. For ex:
    Player: name
    Selling: multiple items
    Price: 1st item - X wls 2nd item - X wls

This would prevent spamming even tho you can't make same offer in the same world but it won't take as many place as multiple offers "posts" would take. When you're searching for an exact item to buy player offer appears with the list of multiple items and the item that guy is looking for.

Hey
    • TEMPO guild Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej View Post
    I've read that correctly i'm just saying what he should add if it'll come out for real.

And by spam i mean they can't spam those offers while moving through worlds so in your suggestion it'd look like same player goes through 5 worlds and posts the same offer.

Offers disappearing automatically after leaves world would be super annoying since personally i can't stay in 1 world for minutes/hours until someone will come to buy the item i'm selling. Let's say the offer stays on player's account and detects when he's going off or item is out of his backpack. If someone is interested in buying an item you're offering they can just /msg you.

With multi-items selling i think they should add like boxes with possibility to type as many items as you want to sell and their price below. For ex:
    Player: name
    Selling: multiple items
    Price: 1st item - X wls 2nd item - X wls

This would prevent spamming even tho you can't make same offer in the same world but it won't take as many place as multiple offers would take. When you're searching for an exact item to buy player offer appears with the list of multiple items and the item that guy is looking for.
    We *have* to make the offer disappear when the user leaves a world because it would be super annoying to constantly chase a seller who's quickly moving between worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moksej

He can't, because his offers would vanish if he left the world.

Last but not least, multi items selling? What for? I mean, buyers search for specific items, not for the seller's whole store...
    As hard as a stone

Goals:

We *have* to make the offer disappear when the user leaves a world because it would be super annoying to constantly chase a seller who's quickly moving between worlds.

He can't, because his offers would vanish if he left the world.

Last but not least, multi items selling? What for? I mean, buyers search for specific items, not for the seller's whole store...
    You don't need to type all the items. When you type 1 item name it shows his offer with all the items but it like highlights the item you're looking for.

About the player moving as i said you can just /msg him and you won't need to chase him.

Hey
    • TEMPO guild Co-Leader