Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why new Moderators are chosen from not-known players?

Question Why new Moderators are chosen from not-known players?

Hello again. Today, I'll discuss about new Moderators in this thread: Why Ubisoft choosing new moderators from non-popular or non-experienced(I think) players?

I think they are new in Growtopia. I'm not against new players who became a Moderator. But just I wonder this. As I said in the title, why new Moderators are from not known players?

Also as far as I know, Ubisoft choosing new Moderators from forums, who are being good to all players. According to this, all known and good players in the forums needs to be a Moderator. This is my second question about new Moderators...
    ~ єνєяувσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ gσ нєανєи. вυт иσвσ∂у ωαитѕ тσ ∂ιє... ~

#BRINGBACKLBRANCH

Goals:
    - Get a Magplant (0/1)
    - Level up to 125 (63/125)
    - Get Rayman's Fist (0/1)
    - Find a Rainbow Egg (0/1)
    - Drop a GHC in GBCs (Done!)

Quote Originally Posted by Processor View Post
    Hello again. Today, I'll discuss about new Moderators in this thread. Why Ubisoft choosing new moderators from non-popular or non-experienced(I think) players?

I think they are new in Growtopia. I'm not against new players who became a Moderator. But just I wonder this. As I said in the title, why new Moderators are from not known players? Also as far as I know, Ubisoft choosing new Moderators from forums, who are being good to all players...
    They are "interns" from their company, not just random picked players from forums or in-game.

Lesser Wizard

Just like Maxillion said, they are working to Ubisoft and are getting paid for it. It is a real job with real salary
    IGN: DurpDub
    ​Instagram: DurpDub_GT
    CHEAP SHOP IN QPYR
    CRIME CARDS, HIDDEN RICHES ITEMS, PAINT BUCKETS, BAITS, AND MORE!

SELLING/TAKING ORDERS FOR DIRT FARMS!

Quote Originally Posted by DurpDub View Post
    Just like Maxillion said, they are working to Ubisoft and are getting paid for it. It is a real job with real salary
    That's not what an intern is...

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Ahh my bad, but some internships do give salary hehehe.
    IGN: DurpDub
    ​Instagram: DurpDub_GT
    CHEAP SHOP IN QPYR
    CRIME CARDS, HIDDEN RICHES ITEMS, PAINT BUCKETS, BAITS, AND MORE!

SELLING/TAKING ORDERS FOR DIRT FARMS!

Quote Originally Posted by DurpDub View Post
    Mods are not working for ubisoft and they're not getting paid.

Hello again. Today, I'll discuss about new Moderators in this thread: Why Ubisoft choosing new moderators from non-popular or non-experienced(I think) players?

I think they are new in Growtopia. I'm not against new players who became a Moderator. But just I wonder this. As I said in the title, why new Moderators are from not known players?

Also as far as I know, Ubisoft choosing new Moderators from forums, who are being good to all players. According to this, all known and good players in the forums needs to be a Moderator. This is my second question about new Moderators...
    I don't know where you get that they pick unexperienced players from, and popularity has nothing to do with becoming a moderator at all. And just because someone is unknown doesn't mean that they're new to the game. And they don't only pick from forums, they pick from In-game too, Also trust me when I say that most if not all of the forumers here will make bad moderators.
    IGN: IxHeroxI
    Ooga Booga, Pensive time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/QYjhVX7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post

I don't know where you get that they pick unexperienced players from, and popularity has nothing to do with becoming a moderator at all. And just because someone is unknown doesn't mean that they're new to the game. And they don't only pick from forums, they pick from In-game too, Also trust me when I say that most if not all of the forumers here will make bad moderators.
    Literally everyone here puts on a very good facade.

From what I understand (not that much)
    The people they pick are growtopians with some experience but they also train for a long time, no fractions (no bans or anything majority bad).
    I don't know much but I'm 99% sure they don't pay mods with real money and they are not randpmers just picked from the street.
    I am however in the same thoughts given ubidevs but after seeing things I'm againf 99% sure ubidevs are old players because of the response and SBS.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

If you want to be mod don't participate in the community. Also don't post your opinions or else Ubisoft won't think you're perfect. Moderators barely reply to a thread without saying "this post breaks this guideline..." blah blah blah (Forum guardians). All I see is please contact support, you have broken this guideline, this thread will be closed. Like can y'all act like humans instead of mini mods even though you have the role.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupForce View Post
    In general that would be correct, but not necessarily in recent times.

The last two mods added are Ubisoft interns, they are not players picked from the community.
    Gallifreyo and Pangloss were both confirmed by Ubisoft staff here on the forums to be interns working in their offices.

Who knows if their internship involves payment. Some do, some don't.

Allow me to explain the difference.

The "interns" we have now are indeed paid people working in our office alongside us, the Ubistaff. You could consider them Ubistaff too actually, but they are not permanent, they could be with us for 3 months or more. Most of them are students taking internship for school.

As for the GAME MODERATORS, these are the selected players in the game. They are carefully chosen veteran players who knows a lot about the game with clean records and background. They are also "volunteers" meaning they are not paid (but could be compensated in a different way). We have NOT accepted any new game moderators as of now since Muninn.

HOWEVER, something is coming up SOON, so just wait for our announcement about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Better start paying attention in English class.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Give it up folks, einstein over here has something to say. What's that buddy? Wha- A grammatical error?!? WHAT?!? B... Bu... That can't be possible! Surely not! A GRAMMAR MISTAKE? IN MY SIGHT?!? What a great, absolute miracle that you and your 257 IQ Brain was here to correct it! Thank you! Have my grattitude, Actually, What's your cashapp? I'd like to give you 20$... Know what? While we're at it have the keys to my car. Actually, no, scratch that. Have the keys to my house, go watch my kids grow up and take my wife. Also, my Paypal username and password is: Ilikesmartazzes4 and 968386329. Go have fun. Thank you for your work.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

The "interns" we have now are indeed paid people working in our office alongside us, the Ubistaff. You could consider them Ubistaff too actually, but they are not permanent, they could be with us for 3 months or more. Most of them are students taking internship for school.

As for the GAME MODERATORS, these are the selected players in the game. They are carefully chosen veteran players who knows a lot about the game with clean records and background. They are also "volunteers" meaning they are not paid (but could be compensated in a different way). We have NOT accepted any new game moderators as of now since Muninn.

HOWEVER, something is coming up SOON, so just wait for our announcement about that.
    I think the "something is coming up soon" thing has been seen on multiple threads.

Looks like you guys are hyping something up, will be nice to see.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Turned myself to ash once more.

Name:  XJyez3v.png
Views: 301
Size:  704.5 KB

reshared and liked
    Sup. I am TinyHope

Banned

None's enjoying your lame jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

Looks like the @Mod Status is gonna be back again via sending in applications and etc. using third party websites???

A NEET but has a stable job at a cafe

Would try to help whenever possible,except for trying to be social,of course.

To be honest it can be said that interns are superior to community moderators in quite a few ways. Since they are brought into the game for the internship the chance of them going rogue and scamming a bunch of stuff is basically non-existent. Also they can work more efficiently as they have a direct line of contact with the developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    Did you know you can edit quotes to make anyone say anything you want?

That's easy to say.
    Please clarify your reasoning.

Lesser Wizard

What’s the logic behind promoting all of the “known and popular” players? They never promote someone based on if they are popular or not... There is a lot of other requirements and qualifications in order for you to become a mod.