Thread: coding question

Default coding question

so to the forumers out there that have studied python I'm kind of stuck in this task.
    'compute 27 modulo 4 and save the value to my_team'
    so I set the variable as the result of the modulo operation?
    my_team = print(27 % 4) but that's an invalid code.
    Goodbye.

Master Sorcerer

I don't know Python, so this may NOT BE RIGHT, but from my understanding and experience in other languages
    Code:
    my_team = print(27 % 4)
    In this piece of code, you have assigned the print function to a variable. You can't do that; instead do:

Code:
    my_team = 27 % 4  
    print(my_team)
    This saves the result of 27 % 4 to my_team variable, only then you may print the variable.

What you tried to do is basically assign a task (print the result of 27 % 4) to a variable; you can't do that. Variables store data.
    Try this and tell me if it worked; again, I don't know Python, this is purely from my experience with other languages

EDIT: Asked a friend who's more familiar with Python than I am, and yeah, it's right
    Last edited by houzteR; 05-15-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    I don't know Python, so this may NOT BE RIGHT, but from my understanding and experience in other languages
    Code:
    my_team = print(27 % 4)
    In this piece of code, you have assigned the print function to a variable. You can't do that; instead do:

Code:
    my_team = 27 % 4  
    print(my_team)
    This saves the result of 27 % 4 to my_team variable, only then you may print the variable.

What you tried to do is basically assign a task (print the result of 27 % 4) to a variable; you can't do that. Variables store data.
    Try this and tell me if it worked; again, I don't know Python, this is purely from my experience with other languages

EDIT: Asked a friend who's more familiar with Python than I am, and yeah, it's right
    ^
    This is correct. You simply set your variable to the result of the operation and print it.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    ^
    This is correct. You simply set your variable to the result of the operation and print it.
    alright, thanks
    Goodbye.