Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion Thread] Community Update: New Mods 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    That seems like a very clear concise process, and definable characteristics that you wanted. Withing the 6 month time frame I am sure the individuals you got were the best. I can see why you decided to go with them.

Lesser Wizard

When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    Very good to hear. Famous people are not necessarily the ones who become moderators.
    I hope you have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    That seems like a very clear concise process, and definable characteristics that you wanted. Withing the 6 month time frame I am sure the individuals you got were the best. I can see why you decided to go with them.
    We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.

You did it! Finally, thanks! So excited for the future of Growtopia!
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

is this me? Nah I just made a drama about tery

We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.
    1,000,000 year contract?
    Sounds like Scientology or.....
    Illuminati hahahaha
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

I gotta say, that's a nice touch to it! Did they sign a combination of a NDA, or just the Moderation Agreement? Are we allowed to know the parameters of what you expect their task and responsibilities to be?

My main question is, with this new coordination, how long should it take to execute, and when do you plan to see the results?

I think it’s better for the mods to create a new account and their main account to remain hidden. This will cut the drama why did “random” a mod but “famous” is not. And so the main account still can express opinion without prejudice
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

I treat people the same way they treat me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    I think it’s better for the mods to create a new account and their main account to remain hidden. This will cut the drama why did “random” a mod but “famous” is not. And so the main account still can express opinion without prejudice
    That has been the tradition for all of the mods since Day 1 and we are still doing the same thing. So yes, these new mods will keep their real identity hidden and all have a new mod name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    I gotta say, that's a nice touch to it! Did they sign a combination of a NDA, or just the Moderation Agreement? Are we allowed to know the parameters of what you expect their task and responsibilities to be?

My main question is, with this new coordination, how long should it take to execute, and when do you plan to see the results?
    You will see them online once they start training within the week. Then they will be more active in moderating in-game right after, that should be last week of this month or starting next month.

Hey, so are we ever going to have small group of beta testers? So we don’t have dupes like the Jan techno disaster happen again? These would need to be veteran players of coarse.

Also I want an answer on this. What happened with pet battles? You guys stopped adding abilities to pets since fish training (only a selected few got abilities) so what happened there?

As for the announced changes I’m quite excited and fearful of the results. But only time will tell.

OH and when is the community suggestion box going to be updated

Oh I didn’t know there was a official thread
    We shall be introducing them all to you within the week and you will actively see them in-game (you probably saw some of them already).

Anyway, so the mods 2.0 are already chosen?
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

I treat people the same way they treat me

Teekay69

Quote Originally Posted by altaccount View Post
    Teekay69
    Imo he cant cuz drama
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

D̸̼̲̣̮͍̝͙̹̺̣͎̔ͨͨͦ͆̊̿̌͌ͨͮͩ̈̉̊̈E̓̂ͮ̈̐ͭ̋̚҉͏҉̳̱̻̘͖̟̞̘̺

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    Oh I didn’t know there was a official thread

Anyway, so the mods 2.0 are already chosen?
    first wave only

Instagram: @ayielimao
    YouTube: ayielimao

Latest YT vid B)

So there are going to be multiple waves and stuff.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Imo he cant cuz drama
    IGN: Imunity

But what if someone has an auto ban because of auto ban glitch? Just like me.

Also some people have a multiple accounts and like 500+ days on each one, like me again, haha.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Squire

Hello Growtopians!

We hear ya! And we do take your feedback into account thus we just launched our new "Community Initiatives" that will enable more player support and in-game presence and moderation.

If you want to find out more about READ our official announcement here!

We shall be introducing them all to you within the week and you will actively see them in-game (you probably saw some of them already).

Let us know what you think about this.

~ NekoRei

Sounds exciting! Cant wait to see thr new mods in action! Btw im HARPON. Idk how to change name in the forums.. Xd

Lesser Wizard

Good to see a lot of major improvements for this game
    excited
    hi im snow
    follow my instagram @snowblizter yes?