Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 268

Thread: [Discussion Thread] Community Update: New Mods 2.0

  1. #61
    Master Sorcerer Bob Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    That seems like a very clear concise process, and definable characteristics that you wanted. Withing the 6 month time frame I am sure the individuals you got were the best. I can see why you decided to go with them.

  2. #62
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    Very good to hear. Famous people are not necessarily the ones who become moderators.
    I hope you have a great day.

  3. #63
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    That seems like a very clear concise process, and definable characteristics that you wanted. Withing the 6 month time frame I am sure the individuals you got were the best. I can see why you decided to go with them.
    We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.

  4. #64
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    You did it! Finally, thanks! So excited for the future of Growtopia!
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

    ______________________________________

    Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

  5. #65
    Master Sorcerer BEYSBOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Pilipinas
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    is this me? Nah I just made a drama about tery

  6. #66
    Master Sorcerer Judavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.
    1,000,000 year contract?
    Sounds like Scientology or.....
    Illuminati hahahaha
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

    Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

  7. #67
    Master Sorcerer Bob Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.
    I gotta say, that's a nice touch to it! Did they sign a combination of a NDA, or just the Moderation Agreement? Are we allowed to know the parameters of what you expect their task and responsibilities to be?


    My main question is, with this new coordination, how long should it take to execute, and when do you plan to see the results?

  8. #68
    Master Sorcerer Mr. Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Guess It
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    We also have them sign an agreement to assure that they will be doing their tasks and responsibilities for the community with the goal of wanting to help players without drama or issues, otherwise, if they break the rules and agreement they will be kicked out of the mod team. We need to be strict on this one.
    I think it’s better for the mods to create a new account and their main account to remain hidden. This will cut the drama why did “random” a mod but “famous” is not. And so the main account still can express opinion without prejudice
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

    Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

    https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

    I treat people the same way they treat me

  9. #69
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    I think it’s better for the mods to create a new account and their main account to remain hidden. This will cut the drama why did “random” a mod but “famous” is not. And so the main account still can express opinion without prejudice
    That has been the tradition for all of the mods since Day 1 and we are still doing the same thing. So yes, these new mods will keep their real identity hidden and all have a new mod name.

  10. #70
    Administrator NekoRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    I gotta say, that's a nice touch to it! Did they sign a combination of a NDA, or just the Moderation Agreement? Are we allowed to know the parameters of what you expect their task and responsibilities to be?


    My main question is, with this new coordination, how long should it take to execute, and when do you plan to see the results?
    You will see them online once they start training within the week. Then they will be more active in moderating in-game right after, that should be last week of this month or starting next month.

  11. #71
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Circus
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    Hey, so are we ever going to have small group of beta testers? So we don’t have dupes like the Jan techno disaster happen again? These would need to be veteran players of coarse.

    Also I want an answer on this. What happened with pet battles? You guys stopped adding abilities to pets since fish training (only a selected few got abilities) so what happened there?

    As for the announced changes I’m quite excited and fearful of the results. But only time will tell.

    OH and when is the community suggestion box going to be updated

  12. #72
    Master Sorcerer Mr. Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Guess It
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Oh I didn’t know there was a official thread
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    We shall be introducing them all to you within the week and you will actively see them in-game (you probably saw some of them already).

    Anyway, so the mods 2.0 are already chosen?
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

    Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

    https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

    I treat people the same way they treat me

  13. #73
    Lesser Wizard altaccount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Teekay69

  14. #74
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altaccount View Post
    Teekay69
    Imo he cant cuz drama
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

  15. #75
    Master Sorcerer iFrostSpark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    D̸̼̲̣̮͍̝͙̹̺̣͎̔ͨͨͦ͆̊̿̌͌ͨͮͩ̈̉̊̈E̓̂ͮ̈̐ͭ̋̚҉͏҉̳̱̻̘͖̟̞̘̺
    Posts
    3,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    Oh I didn’t know there was a official thread



    Anyway, so the mods 2.0 are already chosen?
    first wave only


    Instagram: @ayielimao
    YouTube: ayielimao

    Latest YT vid B)


  16. #76
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    926

    Default

    So there are going to be multiple waves and stuff.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  17. #77
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Imo he cant cuz drama
    .
    IGN: Imunity

  18. #78
    Master Sorcerer TurtlePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    972

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    When we selected the new moderators for 2.0 we did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community. We took into account their community performance not only in-game but also in the forums. We evaluated how concerned they are for the community and the game. We took a long hard look at their game logs and social media presence. We wanted to make sure that they are clean, dedicated, motivated, hardworking, active, drama-free and issue-free.
    But what if someone has an auto ban because of auto ban glitch? Just like me.

    Also some people have a multiple accounts and like 500+ days on each one, like me again, haha.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

  19. #79
    Squire
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    (Sweden) but i use a spanish flag
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Hello Growtopians!

    We hear ya! And we do take your feedback into account thus we just launched our new "Community Initiatives" that will enable more player support and in-game presence and moderation.

    If you want to find out more about READ our official announcement here!

    We shall be introducing them all to you within the week and you will actively see them in-game (you probably saw some of them already).

    Let us know what you think about this.


    ~ NekoRei


    Sounds exciting! Cant wait to see thr new mods in action! Btw im HARPON. Idk how to change name in the forums.. Xd

  20. #80
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    area 51
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Good to see a lot of major improvements for this game
    excited
    hi im snow
    follow my instagram @snowblizter yes?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •