Thread: IDEAS on TACKLING Hyper INFLATION. and making GROWTOPIA FAIRER!

Lesser Wizard

Default IDEAS on TACKLING Hyper INFLATION. and making GROWTOPIA FAIRER!

Hello everyone,
    So I'm quite old player with lot's of expreince growtopia economics and had like 7000 DLS before I was Suspended.

Here are some of my ideas;
    First off the main reason for the number of World locks rising in game is that it easy to get gems. Even by recycling pinball blocks It is extremely easy.

-Certain farmable blocks should not be made recycleable in order to make it harder to gain gems and more rewarding for farming. Or the number of gems dropped per block should be dropped.

-Megaphone prices must be raised also gem prices for /sb command must raise.( Everyone sb's, with the number of sb's being made It's almost pointless to sb.)

-Locke must be given new and expensive untradeable or tradeable items.

-BFG's and other stuff that make farming unfair to new players must be tackled. This could be done in a way so that maybe blocks in a BFG area have a %30 lower chance of dropping seeds.

These are my ideas. I beleive that these would atleast help. Especially making farmables not recycleable. add if you have any extra ideas. This is not in the suggestion box as these are my ideas, not suggestions.
    Last edited by Tywin; 05-20-2019 at 04:26 AM.
    Hello! My Ign is Tywin. If you have a problem or a question about anything (or looking for a friend) feel free to msg me.

so you're ban evading ?

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    so you're ban evading ?
    lol I was wondering this too... if you are, why would you post about it?
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

Master Sorcerer

Actually 5000 IQ announcement.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    so you're ban evading ?
    Uhm No? All my devices are suspended as well. By a fresh start I mean that I lost all.
    Hello! My Ign is Tywin. If you have a problem or a question about anything (or looking for a friend) feel free to msg me.

It is nice that you are worrying about game's economy, and it's true that these problems plague basically every mmo, especially Growtopia, where money grows on trees. However, I believe there are ways to control the inflation that doesn't punish players for trying to earn more gems.
    In fact, I think the ones currently being used are pretty great. Besides sbs, there are item packs like the Surgical kit and the Galactic goodies which are being used up all the time, and guilds and clash events, which encourage players to use tons of gems to compete with each other.
    What these things have in common is that they're not penalties that's forced on the players like changes made to farmables or ways to farm; they reward the player for their hard-earned currency. I think this way of removing gems from the game is better than restricting the players' ability to farm, and that we can trust the devs to continue releasing fun new ways for us to spend our gems.
    Come to think of it, I remember that Seth and Hamumu actually did try something like what you are describing - they nerfed some low rarity farmables by reducing the amount of gems they dropped and made coral blocks harder to break - although their intent might have been to discourage people from farming non-stop, (because low-rarity farmables grow really fast) thereby saving the players from themselves. So your way of approaching the problem might be useful sometimes, but I think tackling hyperinflation is something better done by rewarding the players for helping combat it rather then punishing them for seemingly facilitating it - when they were just doing what made sense for them to do.

honestly wish there was a second GT server that was a fresh wipe

imagine all the gem purchases just so people have a chance of being the richest
    Ubisoft < UGTeam .

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...8&d=1511461367
    thanks for medal hammerjelly senpai

well... so do I... HOW DID I DO THIS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tywin View Post
    Uhm No? All my devices are suspended as well. By a fresh start I mean that I lost all.
    You might want to confirm with the support if you are allowed to do that. You might just get banned again, losing all your effort.
    Btw, that is still considered ban evading
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

I treat people the same way they treat me