Thread: Growtopia account hacked

Default Growtopia account hacked

Had 25k gems, the purple cultist set whatever-it’s-called on, dragon hand, razor wings and a fire hover board (sorry unfamiliar names, haven’t played since 2017) on me along with 6 wls. Went to eat. Logged back on to find all of what I just said was gone except the 25k gems which was reduced to 6k. Owned 3 worlds - 2 (ets55world1) and (ets55farmworld) were owned by someone else (misnow, you can go and check if you are interested) sorcerer trees growing with some guy traps and fish tanks growing) and another world I was working on clearing and tidying up (ets555), someone took the weather machine (rainy city, worth 5wls). (I know some of you people with a couple dls saying why are you complaining but I worked pretty hard for those wls)
    Pretty annoyed. When I logged on I was on a random world called “RaNoX0” with nothing on me except all the other unimportant stuff on me. I am positive I haven’t shown my password to anyone. A bit suspicious as RaNoX0 world had the same weather machine that was stolen from me. Changed my pw to avoid them coming back in to steal more stuff. I also sent an email a couple hours ago to Growtopia support.

How could it be possible that someone hacked into my account and why me, I’m not that rich)

Will I get my lost items returned? Will I get my gems back?

Note: I don’t think this would really fit into any other thread
    Last edited by ets555; 05-20-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added note

Banned

Your items will not be refunded. It's sad to hear that you got hacked, and you can enable Advanced Account Protection to stop this from happening again.

I remember my first 3 days playing growtopia, I saw an sb saying my account is not safe please go to this website. I fell for that trick and got hacked. All i had was a little farm made out of dirt and wood and a BigLock.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/TEMP.HI.108/My%20Documents/Downloads/funny-students-quotes-4.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ets555 View Post
    How could it be possible that someone hacked into my account and why me, I’m not that rich)
    A friend or family member could have used a device you play on. You could've downloaded some malware. You could be using the same password for multiple things. You might not have had advanced account protection enabled. Seems like someone knew you weren't going to be on so they took everything when you were offline. Either that or they kept doing /msg [your name] to see when you logged off. Or they got lucky.

Will I get my lost items returned? Will I get my gems back?
    No. Unfortunately, your lost items wont be returned by staff. I've been playing for a good 4 years and I've never had my account hacked. Unless there was some big database/security breach, which there hasn't been recently on Growtopia, there is nothing anyone can do. Sorry about that.

This happened to me, i got hacked twice, no matter how many times i change my password, the hackers still have the power to log in my account, when i enabled Advanced Account Protection i never got hacked since then.

Sowwy but moderators cant retrieve lost items. Sorry for the loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by @Odric View Post
    You saved me from being Rick Rolled. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by boyinblue View Post
    you're a pretty chill forumer
    Go Where Your HEART Beats ~

Well then I simply give up, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to recover quickly or even at all.

Note: changed my mind, going to do offers to get my gems back or something
    and what does advance protection do??

I’ve managed to turn 6k gems into 3 wls so where do I go from there

Well then I simply give up, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to recover quickly or even at all.

Note: changed my mind, going to do offers to get my gems back or something
    and what does advance protection do??

I’ve managed to turn 6k gems into 3 wls so where do I go from there
    advanced protection whitelist your device's. when other devices try to login, You will be sent an verification email asking if its you and once you accept that You will whitelist that Device. I highly recommend that you use Advance Protection, It helps you keep your account safe and secured.

I think you should pay farmble seed, grow it out and farm more and repeat these and when you see you have enough for yourself and for others then You can sell your farmbles and gain more Wls from them.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Banned

Lol I remember I didn’t have a grow I’d, it was summer fest and I was new to the game I had edvoids mask and fire tornado and 1 beach work I logged in one day and i thought I got hacked but it was a update and I didn’t have a grow I’d lol