Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am completely blown away

Default I am completely blown away

I really like all the new moderators who joined the team (you can find them introducing themselves in the meet and greet subforum)! The moderator team just got so much bigger, I think it will improve the games quality drastically. Great job so far, keep it up!
    Last edited by Epikur; 05-21-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Wassup

Couldn't agree more!
    IGN: Ephus

I've played Growtopia for 6 years now, but only recently joined the forums!

Level: 77

They seem to be nice and friendly, they deserve the position!
    IGN : Arcyte
    Level : 78/125

I hope they stay active and wont quit anytime soon. Maybe things will really change now.. Can't wait to see how this affects to our game experience
    Level: 125
    Main: CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT= https://www.instagram.com/queenchloegt/?hl=fi

They all appear to be kind and diligent, but I feel the same detachment from them as I did with the forum guardians. I believe that hiding behind a new persona makes it feel like it isn't themselves, and thus we have a different viewpoint on them. If we knew who they were, we could relate to them much more and be excited about their arrivals.

People hand-picked from the community who have access to our information and have power and us not knowing who they are doesn't sit right. I'd like to promote and vouch for those who I know.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : INSANE ¦ PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    They all appear to be kind and diligent, but I feel the same detachment from them as I did with the forum guardians. I believe that hiding behind a new persona makes it feel like it isn't themselves, and thus we have a different viewpoint on them. If we knew who they were, we could relate to them much more and be excited about their arrivals.

People hand-picked from the community who have access to our information and have power and us not knowing who they are doesn't sit right. I'd like to promote and vouch for those who I know.
    Well they certainly have to prove themselfes in the future. And for people you know: It's not possible that only people you know become mods, because most well known players don't fit into the role as a moderator...
    Wassup

Quote Originally Posted by Epikur View Post
    Well they certainly have to prove themselfes in the future. And for people you know: It's not possible that only people you know become mods, because most well known players don't fit into the role as a moderator...
    No, I'm referring to everyone and anyone.

In the past, every single moderator (except a few rare occasions) have been known by at least someone. They aren't completely new people (or rather personas), and thus some will be like "he seems really fitting for the job", regardless if they were well-known, or known by little.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : INSANE ¦ PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

No, I'm referring to everyone and anyone.

In the past, every single moderator (except a few rare occasions) have been known by at least someone. They aren't completely new people (or rather personas), and thus some will be like "he seems really fitting for the job", regardless if they were well-known, or known by little.
    Well they've just been announced I'm pretty sure there are people who know them ingame
    Wassup

Squire

Yes another group of people who will do nothing but create Security Theater for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Epikur View Post
    I really like all the new moderators who joined the team (you can find them introducing themselves in the meet and greet subforum)! The moderator team just got so much bigger, I think it will improve the games quality drastically. Great job so far, keep it up!
    Another huge step for GROWTOPIA!

One of the reasons why they have to create a new persona separate from their already existing game persona is to avoid drama. It will happen for sure esp. when some players will not agree why this specific player was chosen. We want to give everyone a chance and we will be opening more opportunities for other regular players with potentials to become a mod. Also, this has been part of the mod tradition since in the beginning, the veteran mods also was required to create a new persona away from their already existing one in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    One of the reasons why they have to create a new persona separate from their already existing game persona is to avoid drama. It will happen for sure esp. when some players will not agree why this specific player was chosen. We want to give everyone a chance and we will be opening more opportunities for other regular players with potentials to become a mod. Also, this has been part of the mod tradition since in the beginning, the veteran mods also was required to create a new persona away from their already existing one in the game.
    The veteran mods weren't required to create a new persona. It was optional, but not required. Many of my friends, forumers, or just people that I knew elsewhere, did not change their names. It wasn't a problem back then, and it shouldn't be nowadays. I see no reason for them to hide their names, especially since most of them can be guessed.
    30 WOTDs

The veteran mods weren't required to create a new persona. It was optional, but not required. Many of my friends, forumers, or just people that I knew elsewhere, did not change their names. It wasn't a problem back then, and it shouldn't be nowadays. I see no reason for them to hide their names, especially since most of them can be guessed.
    I do think it is necessary for them to be hidden. Although, yes, before the mods real accounts are not hidden and it worked fine, but I personally think that this raises abuse. There are (or will come a time) mods or ex-mods who will use their fame to take advantage of the community. Since if you are a mod, you gain instant popularity. Which is also contrary to what a mod should do. Since, mods are dedicated players who want to help the community and not for oneself.
    Also, having a different persona won’t really affect mods performance
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

I treat people the same way they treat me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    I do think it is necessary for them to be hidden. Although, yes, before the mods real accounts are not hidden and it worked fine, but I personally think that this raises abuse. There are (or will come a time) mods or ex-mods who will use their fame to take advantage of the community. Since if you are a mod, you gain instant popularity. Which is also contrary to what a mod should do. Since, mods are dedicated players who want to help the community and not for oneself.
    Also, having a different persona won’t really affect mods performance
    Your argument, that is abusing their fame, wouldn't be affected by having a different account? Regardless if they are on their original account or an alternate, they will be bombarded by players and thus deemed "famous", as, by definition, they will be known by everyone for being a moderator.
    30 WOTDs

I agree with this. Forums could be considered as a minor part within the game where that is appropriate, and is optional for the game to run, so having their identities hidden in that case is benefical as people wouldn't mind that much.
    But I sort of feel that in-game, sensitive as it is is another story. If these players are trusted by ubisoft, then they should be the ones to explain their choice and comfort people. I would honestly enjoy discussing with these players rather freely than having the back-feeling of them hiding behind these in-game mod accounts possibly forcing themselves to behave nice IF they are questionable in one way or another (and that's already the case for few of them, a certain person was asked to sign a person's board for instance, and replied saying they "don't ever like doing it", but did anyway.)
    If they have to change their ways to behave prior to them being promoted, then it's already a bad sign.

They are given a chance through those alternate identities, but at the same time players aren't really given any explanation for them being chosen, and they are also locked behind those accounts. I don't exactly trust these players with the right of seeing our information especially that some of them have no prior experience, unlike one of them whom already was a forum guardian which is already more understandable.
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 05-23-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 120. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

One step closer to grow our community a way better than before :3
    IGN : PhoenixRz
    Level : 77/125
    Instagram : phoenixrz.gt

"Be grateful with whatever you had."

Your argument, that is abusing their fame, wouldn't be affected by having a different account? Regardless if they are on their original account or an alternate, they will be bombarded by players and thus deemed "famous", as, by definition, they will be known by everyone for being a moderator.
    The alternate account will be the one who will be bombarded. As long as he/she didn’t reveal his/her main account, the main account will remain a normal player.

Some benefits
    > the main account may be used when the moderator would like to play just like before
    > when he/she is demoted or retire, he/she couldn’t use his/her moderator account to his/her own profit
    > he can express his opinion using his main account without someone thinking their answers is official
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 25/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

https://i.imgur.com/dmgg6rQ.png

I treat people the same way they treat me

Aye, but the impact of this on the game is yet to be determined.
    IGN: BiteForce

Forumer of the year of 2017

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a snarl a day keeps everybody away!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...601/him_60.jpg
    Legendary quote below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstyles View Post
    I'm asking you to pay world locks for my 'Bad English' to carve an end

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    The alternate account will be the one who will be bombarded. As long as he/she didn’t reveal his/her main account, the main account will remain a normal player.

Some benefits
    > the main account may be used when the moderator would like to play just like before
    > when he/she is demoted or retire, he/she couldn’t use his/her moderator account to his/her own profit
    > he can express his opinion using his main account without someone thinking their answers is official
    > Moderators can nickname themselves and play like normal.
    > if you trust a person to be a moderator and then end up doing this, shows they weren't fit for a moderator (i don't really have anything to say against this, to be honest, it's not related to the account issue, more the person)
    > can express under a nickname
    ---> moderators have the ability to hide easily.
    30 WOTDs

Master Sorcerer

Necturne
    Growtopia is like drugs, even worse.
    IGN: Zeh
    Level: 100
    CEO of AmazonGo