Thread: mods in U.A.E?

Default mods in U.A.E?

Since Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is in U.A.E why there are no U.A.E nationality Mods?

if there is a spelling mistake or bad grammar just ignore

Having a mod in UAE is a low priority for Ubisoft right now considering their team is in the capital of that country. If any Growtopia staffs are watching this I would recommend getting some mods that are in the Indonesia time zone, but I'm sure you're already working on that.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    Having a mod in UAE is a low priority for Ubisoft right now considering their team is in the capital of that country. If any Growtopia staffs are watching this I would recommend getting some mods that are in the Indonesia time zone, but I'm sure you're already working on that.
    here is what nekorei said about Indonesia mod

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Well, if we find a "worthy" candidate to hold a BAN HAMMER from Indonesia then yes we are open to having a mod from ID. Bear in mind that we are very selective when it comes to picking the right mod.

Attachment 217992
    +

mods in Ubisoft office at Abu Dhabi can't speak Arabic and there are some Arabic people in the game can't understand English that well and many people are toxic in Arabic sbs... like for real MANY, I can see it daily, and there are some people sell in-game stuff for real money in sb but in the Arabic language so mods can't ban them. so I guess they need a mod for UAE

well, they need a mod for every language but it makes no sense that Ubisoft Growtopia team in UAE and there is no mod from UAE

as allways ignore any grammar / spelling mistakes please

Quote Originally Posted by Xrmion View Post
    here is what nekorei said about Indonesia mod

+

mods in Ubisoft office at Abu Dhabi can't speak Arabic and there are some Arabic people in the game can't understand English that well and many people are toxic in Arabic sbs... like for real MANY, I can see it daily, and there are some people sell in-game stuff for real money in sb but in the Arabic language so mods can't ban them. so I guess they need a mod for UAE

well, they need a mod for every language but it makes no sense that Ubisoft Growtopia team in UAE and there is no mod from UAE

as allways ignore any grammar / spelling mistakes please
    “Mods for every language” really? Yes, they use “toxic” arabic sbs... however, the tactics they use are the same. You say the sell in game stuff for real money... there will be numbers like “100/50$” something like that. Ubisoft has already hired more moderators to investigate and get rid of things like that. “They need a mod from the UAE” Well, Ubisoft is in UAE, right? Some staff will definitely know Arabic... so...

- - - Updated - - -

+
    They don’t hire random people to be mods...From what I heard, you need to go through training and stuff...
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

Insta account: @pokekidgt

For sure , I think they will select a mod from our time zone and hope the selected one are able to speak using Bahasa . Well it can helps Indonesia and Malaysia community in game

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    +
    They don’t hire random people to be mods...From what I heard, you need to go through training and stuff...
    +
    As we had knew , moderators for 2.0 were selected after they did an intensive background check apart from making sure that they have been playing the game for a long time and know a lot about the game and the community.They take a look into their performance in not only in game but also forums.Their game logs and social media presence also play an important role to be selected as a moderator from community
    Last edited by anons; 05-25-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    #MALAYSIABOLEH

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Well, Ubisoft is in UAE, right? Some staff will definitely know Arabic... so...
    I don't think so, even if they do, I don't think they will understand

like we can't type Arabic in growtopia

for example, I sell dls for money
    in Arabic: ابيع دلز بفلوس
    in growtopia: abe3 dls bflos

So it's hard to understand for mods ya? (most who know to speak Arabic using English are gamers) so better choose a UAE growtopian to be a mod 2.0

btw.. not all who work at Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is moderating gt there are other games I guess

EDIT

Here is an example

Name:  A3B95DBE-6D4C-42B0-8A02-3AED43F921A5.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  517.0 KB
    Last edited by Xrmion; 05-25-2019 at 03:34 PM.

No need Ubisoft already in U.A.E why the heck u need more
    IGN: INVSIBILITY - Hey you need a friend or a person to talk or anything call me up, well not all the time but I try.

Tomorrow I want to change the world,Today I became wiser to change what I began

Never Open This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    No need Ubisoft already in U.A.E why the heck u need more
    Yoy need to read the full thread before giving your opinion

What they should hire are moderators who speak multiple languages. Cuz you know, there's a saying:
    You live a new life for every new language you speak. If you know only one language, you live only once.
    Hence, if you know 2 or more languages, you are 2 or more moderators.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    What they should hire are moderators who speak multiple languages. Cuz you know, there's a saying:

Hence, if you know 2 or more languages, you are 2 or more moderators.
    Hmm that true

You can clearly tell that it’s illegal anyways because they want to discuss it on instagram (as long as it doesn’t say giveaway/follow).
    Udder
    Longtime Party Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Udder View Post
    You can clearly tell that it’s illegal anyways because they want to discuss it on instagram (as long as it doesn’t say giveaway/follow).
    So... why he is not banned yet? like I see this sb almost every day from the same guy...

note: after he sb mods were banning people/worlds and he is not banned yet

The answer to this one is simple: We will never directly target a new hire like this, because it's illegal in many countries and a definite HR violation at the very least to base recruitment decisions off of race or nationality. We are absolutely open to bringing on mods from different parts of the world as well as mods who speak multiple languages, but hiring someone with a specific time zone and/or communication skill in mind does not in any way imply that choice is being made (or will ever be made) with an emphasis on race or nationality.

We crave diversity. Seriously, it's not just a fun idea - it actually helps to make for better teams and products - but nationality/race/gender/etc. cannot be a factor in whether we decide to hire someone. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    The answer to this one is simple: We will never directly target a new hire like this, because it's illegal in many countries and a definite HR violation at the very least to base recruitment decisions off of race or nationality. We are absolutely open to bringing on mods from different parts of the world as well as mods who speak multiple languages, but hiring someone with a specific time zone and/or communication skill in mind does not in any way imply that choice is being made (or will ever be made) with an emphasis on race or nationality.

We crave diversity. Seriously, it's not just a fun idea - it actually helps to make for better teams and products - but nationality/race/gender/etc. cannot be a factor in whether we decide to hire someone. End of story.
    Hope this explanation clarifies everything , thanks Starkos
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #MALAYSIABOLEH

Quote Originally Posted by anons View Post
    Hope this explanation clarifies everything , thanks Starkos

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...1&d=1558817583
    I didn't understand well but at least I got the point... that's me in the photo rn lol

When selecting new mods we do not regard the race. What we're after is their experience in the game, how sincere and dedicated they are in providing assistance to players, their background/history in the game (if they are drama-free/scandal-free), etc.

If find that a player is worthy of becoming a mod then that player will definitely get a chance to be a mod. Of course we also understand that we need mods that arabic-speaking or speaks bahasa, but then again we cannot just pick a random player if they are not proven to be worthy of the mod title and position. Once we find someone from any of the GCC countries or Indonesia, etc. that deserves to be a mod then by all means we are definitely going to pick them.

PS: We have a lot of Arabic speaking employees in our office so getting someone to translate Arabic for us is not an issue.

Closing this thread now.