Thread: Guide to Chef Role/Cooking

Master Sorcerer

Default Guide to Chef Role/Cooking

This thread is a comprehensive guide to Chef Role/Cooking. I started to collect information on Chef Role Quests/Cooking ever since I decided on doing the Chef Role. Throughout the process, I used TK69/Nenkai's cooking guide(t/cooking) on discord as a reference(recommended by a friend). His guide was a huge help to me and I learnt a lot, credits to him. Do check it out on his discord if you prefer to find information there(there are some differences in timings). I collated my own timings and information. Pretty much everything I know is in this thread.

Before you start on Chef Role/What you should know:

Chef Role is one of the 2 current Crafter Roles in game. It costs more gems to do Crafter role quests than Supplier role quests. XP per quest is also lesser and XP required to get to the next level is more.

Spoiler below is a table of XP earned and required per level.

Is Chef Role Hard?

What kind of Role Quests are there?

Tips before starting

Cooking Setup

What can I do with Mac n Cheese Stars?

How cooking works

Timings of each ingredient(Not very important, just a reference)

Below are the perfect timings of every ingredient in alphabetical order(if there are any missing let me know). You can refer to this to calculate timings for new foods in the future. Note: by perfect time, I mean the time that is exactly in the middle, between 'Perfect' and 'Well-Done'. Do also note that due to random/human error, the timings may vary if you decide to time them yourself. The table below is just a reference. For most of them(cheaper ingredients), I timed them a few times to obtain the readings.

There are also ingredients that do not have timings. Ingredients that increase quality of foods will be referred to as 'spices'. Each spice increases quality of food by 10%. You do not need spices to successfully cook a food(With the exception of the 3 versions of Magnifico Carne Gucamole)
    Spices(increase quality of food) Grind:
    Salt 100 Salt Block
    Sugar 100 Sugarcane
    Pepper 50 Pepper Trees

Ingredients with no timings
    Flour Grind 50 Wheat
    Honey Drop from breaking beehive
    Green Beer
    Water Bucket

Grinding Recipes
    There's quite a significant number of ingredients that requires you to use a Food Grinder. You can either buy one or use a public one(BUYFOOD, BUYWRENCH).

Timings of every food
    If there are any foods missing below, notify me and I'll add it in. I only included foods that require actual cooking in a Home Oven/Commercial Oven/Master Chef's Oven. Not all of them are in Chef Role Quest(e.g. Gross out foods). Other than the Gross out food items, the rest of the foods are in alphabetical order.

Note
    : All timings of foods are cooked under 'Low' temperature

I have calculated the timings of each food(from the ingredients timing) and simplified them so that it is easier to follow. It should be enough for you to successfully cook a food.

For those who just started to cook and are not too good at it/not willing to spend a lot of world locks, I will be labeling foods that I would recommend to skip(for Chef Role Quests) in red.

Apple Strudel

Arroz Con Pollo

BBQ Bacon Burger

Beer-Battered Fish and Chips

Berry Crepes

Chips and Guacamole

Chocolate Bunny

Coconut Tart

Deep-Fried Tropical Ice Cream

Eggs Benedict

Eggnog(Level 1 Chef)

Gingerbread Cookie

Homemade Fish Taco

Hot Chocolate

Pineapple Turnover

Pumpkin Pie

Magnifico Carne Guacamole-Bueno(70+%)

Magnifico Carne Guacamole-Sabroso(80-94%)

Magnifico Carne Guacamole-Perfecto(95% and above)

Festering Urchin and Poop Pie

Rotting Fish Guts Club Sandwich

Alien Bloodied Brain Strudel

Putrid Gas Filled Blood Filled Maggot Crepes

Chef Role Cooking/Chemical Combiner Recipes:

Note: You can only cook these items when you reach the respective levels.

Level 3:Composer's Cookie

Level 4:Glutton's Gazpacho

Level 5:Delicate Potion, Pristine Potion

Level 6:Growlectables

Level 7:Elegant Potion, Exquisite Potion, Plasma Hair

Level 8:Skill Spice

Level 9:Gemonade

Level 10:Flashback Flan

Food Buffs

Separating this into 2 tables; One for normal/event foods, the other for Chef Role

Normal/Event Foods

Chef Roles Foods

Feel free to give any suggestions to improve it. Currently doing Fishing Role so there may be another guide coming up in a few weeks/months.
    Last edited by Solarex; 05-25-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Lesser Wizard Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solarex View Post
    This thread is a comprehensive guide to Chef Role/Cooking. I started to collect information on Chef Role Quests/Cooking ever since I decided on doing the Chef Role. Throughout the process, I used TK69/Nenkai's cooking guide(t/cooking) on discord as a reference(recommended by a friend). His guide was a huge help to me and I learnt a lot, credits to him. Do check it out on his discord if you prefer to find information there(there are some differences in timings). I collated my own timings and information. Pretty much everything I know is in this thread.

Chef Role is one of the 2 current Crafter Roles in game. It costs more gems to do Crafter role quests than Supplier role quests. XP per quest is also lesser and XP required to get to the next level is more.

Is Chef Role Hard?

Tips before starting

How cooking works

Below are the perfect timings of every ingredient in alphabetical order(if there are any missing let me know). You can refer to this to calculate timings for new foods in the future. Note: by perfect time, I mean the time that is exactly in the middle, between 'Perfect' and 'Well-Done'. Do also note that due to random/human error, the timings may vary if you decide to time them yourself. The table below is just a reference. For most of them(cheaper ingredients), I timed them a few times to obtain the readings.

There are also ingredients that do not have timings. Ingredients that increase quality of foods will be referred to as 'spices'. Each spice increases quality of food by 10%. You do not need spices to successfully cook a food(With the exception of the 3 versions of Magnifico Carne Gucamole)
    Salt 100 Salt Block
    Sugar 50 Sugarcane
    Pepper 50 Pepper Trees

Flour Grind 50 Wheat
    Green Beer
    Water Bucket

Grinding Recipes
    There's quite a significant number of ingredients that requires you to use a Food Grinder. You can either buy one or use a public one(BUYFOOD, BUYWRENCH).

Timings of every food
    If there are any foods missing below, notify me and I'll add it in. I only included foods that require actual cooking in a Home Oven/Commercial Oven/Master Chef's Oven. Not all of them are in Chef Role Quest(e.g. Gross out foods). Other than the Gross out food items, the rest of the foods are in alphabetical order. Note: All timings of foods are cooked under 'Low' temperature

I have calculated the timings of each food(from the ingredients timing) and simplified them so that it is easier to follow. It should be enough for you to successfully cook a food.

For those who just started to cook and are not too good at it/not willing to spend a lot of world locks, I will be labeling foods that I would recommend to skip(for Chef Role Quests) in red.

Apple Strudel

Arroz Con Pollo

BBQ Bacon Burger

Berry Crepes

Chips and Guacamole

Chocolate Bunny

Coconut Tart

Eggs Benedict

Eggnog(Level 1 Chef)

Gingerbread Cookie

Homemade Fish Taco

Hot Chocolate

Pineapple Turnover

Pumpkin Pie

Magnifico Carne Guacamole-Sabroso(80-95%)

Feel free to give any suggestions to improve it. Currently doing Fishing Role so there may be another guide coming up in a few weeks/months.
    Thank you for this, this is the information I was struggling to find
    Ok

Lesser Wizard

Free bump for this amazing thread

Thanks for the sharing!!! I appreciate it!!
    My shots find their marks

The ghost watches.

sugar takes 100 sugarcane per grind

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

YUM! Ty!!!
    " HOLD ON TO THE INSIGHT "

Smile

Is Chef Role Hard?

Tips before starting

How cooking works

Salt 100 Salt Block
    Sugar 100 Sugarcane
    Pepper 50 Pepper Trees

Flour Grind 50 Wheat
    Green Beer
    Water Bucket

Grinding Recipes

Timings of every food
    If there are any foods missing below, notify me and I'll add it in. I only included foods that require actual cooking in a Home Oven/Commercial Oven/Master Chef's Oven. Not all of them are in Chef Role Quest(e.g. Gross out foods). Other than the Gross out food items, the rest of the foods are in alphabetical order. Note: All timings of foods are cooked under 'Low' temperature

Apple Strudel

Arroz Con Pollo

BBQ Bacon Burger

Berry Crepes

Chips and Guacamole

Chocolate Bunny

Coconut Tart

Eggs Benedict

Eggnog(Level 1 Chef)

Gingerbread Cookie

Homemade Fish Taco

Hot Chocolate

Pineapple Turnover

Pumpkin Pie

Magnifico Carne Guacamole-Sabroso(80-94%)

Thank you i might do chef role in the future
    Sea Sponge and Oil Slick is clearly useless without chef specialities
    Hi ? I'm still new in forums...

thank you really useful
    ign : Dr. VerdantGate

New Ez Profit MethodVideo Below

Master Sorcerer

Fixed the wrong info, thanks for pointing it out. Added information(cooking set up, food buffs etc).

Master Sorcerer

Thanks! This thread will come useful next time I need to cook.

wait so plasma hair is unlocked not baked?
    Ok

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    wait so plasma hair is unlocked not baked?
    Sorry, what do you mean by baked? You can only make plasma hair when you reach level 7 of Chef Role and it's a chemical combiner recipe. Drop all of the required ingredients into a lab/ez cook oven and punch.

Sorry, what do you mean by baked? You can only make plasma hair when you reach level 7 of Chef Role and it's a chemical combiner recipe. Drop all of the required ingredients into a lab/ez cook oven and punch.
    Oh really, I thought it was like fishing dingy, what's the recipe?
    Ok

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    Oh really, I thought it was like fishing dingy, what's the recipe?
    Already mentioned it under the chef role section at the bottom(level 7 spoiler).

Master Sorcerer

Amazing job. This surely will help a lot of players who are planning on starting the cooking quests.