Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Veteran Growtopians.

Here's my story: My friend started playing Growtopia in may 2013, then he tried to get me to play it for a while, then I decided to download it in July of 2013, then we played together. oldest account. A year ago me and my friend got into a fight and we haven't talked since then.

It's sad. I was a complete noob for, 3 years, without even one dl.
    I have cycled thru a few accounts, i have forgot the oldest one's password, since i did not put a email adress on it.

My experience has been good in general. I still enjoy the game after almost 6 years.
    It has been fun. There are scammers, but a few good people still exist regardless.

I am not planning to quit anytime soon!
    IGN: Ephus

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

Level: 80
    -----------------------------
    GOALS

Get F eyes: 50% done
    Get a BGL: 73% done
    Be lvl 100: 80% done

I joined November 24th, 2013. 2010 days ago. I still remember many stuff. I remember I joined with a guest account on Halloween event 2013. Such good memories. There wasn’t even a friend system! We had to find our friends in their world, and that’s if you had luck! I remember farming corals even after the nerf, and not knowing how to trade! I still remember some of the friends I made later on, and now they all quitted. I actually don’t know where they are or if they still play, but I no longer play countless hours a day, and after some time I stopped caring for world locks. Without friends to play, the game has no meaning. Then I started to search for new friends, but when I try to help, they always end up scamming.

If you are reading this, please stop caring about profiting if you do, your friends are really important. I’m still seeking what to do in this game, since it was a part of me for almost 6 years. That’s why I haven’t been playing for around 4 months. I still log on now and then, but man, I still remember the good ol’ days. Seeking for a new purpose on this game has been really hard, so if you’d like to be my friend, I always look forward to have more! My IGN is IIPedro.
    Nice to meet you!

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

I never really know the exact date but i joined gt around when carnival was added...
    I remember back then "scam fail" was a thing
    Hi ? I'm still new in forums...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolAkramTV View Post
    I had been playing Growtopia since July of 2015. I do remember the old Growtoken system. I remember when the first IOTM was released, I remember the old level system, as well as when you needed to be picked by the community to become moderator, or a voluntary moderator. I remember when @AV8R wasn't banned.
    I remember that too
    #TURTLESQUAD

IG: @raymondtran59

i remember when the edison zoomster was first found and it was worth quite a few wls

in early 2013, I went to a world that had admins in it, thought having a green name was a membership exclusive addition, so I begged my dad to buy me the "green name VIP"

I also remember I had this one super rich friend who would have all the new items, it was super cool when he had the crimson eagle wings I also dropped every single last item in my inventory for a pair of those crimson eagles lol

oh and also drop trading, that was such a wreck
    stats about me.
    IGN: akaperkins
    Started the game: January 17th 2013.
    Level: 46 (4 levels from a mini me and party fowl, funfun)
    Discord: perkins#6752

Ahhh i remember getting my first wl from the store by farming dirt, cave, and whatever random things I could farm from small ssp packs. I remember the time @meow quit and the time I was so excited to finally get into STYX’s world before 100 players got in. I remember when the first carnival came around and my friends were nice enough to help me make crystal wings. I remember sbs being cheap enough that I was able to spam song lyrics and I got duct taped from it lmao. I used to sb ppl to come to my fashion show or mini game world to get growtokens. I also was able to meet CocoRick(e)y and Cocomonkey D

Lesser Wizard

I started at Summerfest 2014 (not that old).

My younger cousin introduced me this game. When I first saw this game I'm like "meh what a wack graphics". But slowly I'm getting more addicted. My first world was IGGIDANGER. I start farming dirts. Then I realized I can splice it with cave to make door seed. I keep farming and farming until I get 50 gems. With 50 gems I buy a small lock to keep my world safe. And I can sell the door seeds for a few amount of sugarcane. But at one time I forgot to put dirt beside the white door then there comes the scammer, he took almost all my sugarcanes.

I was very mad.. I then find a new world to build, the world name is MYNEWHEAVEN. I start splicing to make doors again (bruh), then trade my door seeds for a few sugarcanes (again). I keep farming sugarcanes until I reach 500 gems. Then I buy rare seeds pack. I notice some seeds are pretty cool. Then I keep purchasing the rare seeds pack and made a RSP shop (not a vend shop obviously) with alot of seeds. and at one point I collected 2,000 gems to buy a WL. But me not knowing the value of the seeds back then decides to SB and sell the world for 2WLs . lol, I was so stupid back then.

I also remembered I tried to scam people by selling world with items with a secret passage, I got scammed with the same way before so I decided to try it out. My hands were SHAKING HARD, I was a loser. I was so scared I don't know why lol. After I successfully scammed the guy I felt very guilty, but I really need WL at that time. Not long after that I also got scammed the exact same amount, I was trying to scam-fail people but turns out he's using a net cut so he's like teleported to the items and I got no time to /ban before he gets the item. Bruh..
    IGN : Opening
    Visit my youtube channel
    https://youtu.be/A03F5ZvPRaQ

I remember when my sister and I used to share the same account back in 2016. Back then we went to random worlds and keep spamming "donate wl pls" to everyone. We got some farmables like pinballs, venus guytraps and fish tanks but we didn't know that farming was a thing until one day I realised that farmables gave more gems and seeds than other blocks. We bought our first World Lock for 2000 gems from the store and put in on a world until someone scammed us. We also managed to find a 4 letter world named "FHMJ" with tons of seeds. In the end, we gave away our account along with our worlds to our cousin during Winterfest 2016.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)

Lesser Knight

When friend lists were not a thing yet, so we listed their names on signs

And also farming blackrocks in a checkered pattern thinking that it drops more seeds ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by killer30519 View Post
    When friend lists were not a thing yet, so we listed their names on signs
    I found an expired small lock world with that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IPedro View Post
    I still remember some of the friends I made later on, and now they all quitted.
    most of my friends quit too
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)

Banned

I remember massing 2 Crimson Wings Trees in early 2013.

I remember leading up to Winterfest 2014 I prepared lots of Sheet Music: Flat Piano/Flat Bass seeds that I intended to use to splice Winter Gifts, when Winterfest came the recipe had changed and they were no longer spliceable.

I started 1714 days ago. I remember someone coming to my world and giving me sand. I thought it was gold .
    IGN: jese08
    Current lvl: 115

I Really do need to revamp my siggy and by A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    2013 January here
    Don't really remember anything specific from that time lol, I was pretty clueless
    Didn’t growtopia come out in February
    Edit: its January i’m stoopid
    Last edited by tatertots; 05-31-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 70
    Favorite Item: Swiss Cheese Block
    Profile Pic by: ezereal
    Free BFG Service: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-BFG-Service!

Joined in Sunday, 5 April 2015.
    My cousin used to play the game ~3 months before me, and he lured me into the game.
    I've been a hardcore farmer in 2015 and 2016. Never really reached 1 DL due to the existence of scammers back in the days...
    I remember in 2016, my cousin got his first DL. I was like "OMG! You're now a pro!". We kept playing together, farming, opening shops which were famous before Vending machines existed.
    I then remember the 3 days maintenance when Seth and Mike were replacing the old hardware with new one! We were unable to play the game for the whole weekend!
    Fast forward 2018, my cousin lost interest in Growtopia because of Fortnite... what a waste. Many people play this game and are addicted to it...play the game till 6 AM without any break ignoring their girlfriend.
    I was never really into RPG Games. So I kept playing Growtopia. The game became less and less fun because my friends were quitting one after the other, until everyone quitted. Then I decided "I don't want to play anymore", and quitted for 5 months.
    When I came back, I saw Matteu creating GrowStocks, so I offered a helping hand and helped him develop the whole thing (we then moved to my VPS for faster speed!).
    Loving the idea of websites for Growtopia, I started my career in web development. I have then developed GTPP, after one of my friends got his account hacked by a phisher.

Plans for the future:
    I plan on creating even more tools for the game. We'll be working on an online set planner for Growtopia this summer!
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    Hello!

I'm playing Growtopia since 2013 February and I wonder are you a veteran?

If you are one, then share your old memories with other players!

For me I remember, that back in 2013-2014 all dropped items were disappearing after some time. There was an announcement in the chat: "Removing all dropped items in 5 minutes" or something like that.
    i remember drop trading, and ZombieBoss selling things in 1WLSHOP

2157 days ago (Jul 5, 2013)
    Not quite six years but almost there

Spent my time up until now playing and getting better at other, better games
    IGN UmbraWitch
    Decent music transcriber. Contact Mawilite#0303 on Discord for business.

I also remember when I visit @Aimster's world called GROWTECHCHAOS (WOTD). She was dressed up as Z. Everett Koop from the GrowtechIndustries and G-Virus storylines.
    #TURTLESQUAD

IG: @raymondtran59

i'm far from a veteran, but I joined the day vending machines came out(paw or smth)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ButtCry99 GT View Post
    I also remember when I visit @Aimster's world called GROWTECHCHAOS (WOTD). She was dressed up as Z. Everett Koop from the GrowtechIndustries and G-Virus storylines.
    haha, we have to bring back the gt lore, maybe we can get some in future updates.