Thread: Future of the Content Creators

Default Future of the Content Creators

To start off, I'm not here to explain anything regarding me and the community hub. I'm also not trying to make anyone look bad, just to tell the truth.

While I was a content creator, I noticed a few flaws with the whole system. Here are some of them:

Problem: The Community Tab - Content Creators feature is hidden so far in the menus that no one really checks on it, especially now that it's not the latest update anymore. This leads to pretty much no boost in follower count for the creators, which is one of the things the developers approached us about.

Solution: Add a command like /creators, to open the Content Creator tab.

Problem: The update is supposed to be to appreciate the content creators, but that is not what it turned out to be. The blocks do not benefit the creators in any way. And the giveaways take over the creator feeds and they stop making any other content.

Solution: Instead of a machine that gives 10 blocks every 5 days, give 10 blocks to the creator so that they don't need to make giveaways 24/7.

Problem: As I said, the update was supposed to be "to appreciate content creators", which is not the case here. After you're removed from the tab once the term ends, you've got nothing. You could only keep 1 block. Yes, not even 1 of each colour. 1 block is all you have gained from that update.

Solution: Make the, so many times suggested by almost every content creator, content creator item. Like a special item only the content creators have. Just so that they have something to remember this with and something special that really does make them feel more appreciated.

Problem: The giveaways for the blocks are not allowed to benefit the creator in any way - they can't sell them, they can't ask you to do anything in return for them. As well as you can't choose a player yourself who to give the item to, but rather give them away randomly.

Solution: Allow the creators to choose who to give the blocks to. I had so many people I wanted to say thanks to for sticking around for so long, but they still get just as big of a chance to win the block as someone who had never heard of me before a week before.

Problem: The content creators get NOTHING in return for doing what they do (With exception of some youtubers who get a few dollars a month from ads). And this is just the worst. The staff don't do anything to prevent the creators from leaving the game. There are no beta tests, no payment (Even with in-game currencies, like most big games do). They gotta work off with everything the same as a player who downloaded the game a few days ago.

Solution: Let the top content creators use the /beta feature to showcase updates. Give the creators something they can sell to earn wls to use on their videos, like you're giving wands to mods so they can sell them to earn the wls they could have earned by doing other stuff while theyre doing their jobs. You know what I mean, very well. This would also encourage the smaller players to grow bigger social media pages and make them promote the game EVEN MORE.

Again, I'm not here to get anything for myself, but rather just fight for the ones that are to come in the future. Thanks for understanding and reading this loooong post.

~OldGertie
    Ingame name - OldGertie

Instagram - @OldGertie

Discord - OldGertie#3133

Youtube - OldGertie Gaming

They should scrap the entire system, the whole thing's a flaw.
    IGN: awesome187
    Level: 73
    Admin on the Growtopia Wikia.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome178 View Post
    They should scrap the entire system, the whole thing's a flaw.
    We both very well know that's not in Ubisoft's nature, to scrap updates they come up with. Best is to improve them in future.

See guild event, for example..
    Ingame name - OldGertie

Instagram - @OldGertie

Discord - OldGertie#3133

Quote Originally Posted by OldGertie View Post
    We both very well know that's not in Ubisoft's nature, to scrap updates they come up with. Best is to improve them in future.

See guild event, for example..
    Doesn't mean they can't. The whole idea of a "let's give content creator machines which produce block and then they have to give it away" is honestly stupid and very flawed. Doesn't do anything but have people hoard these blocks so that they can sell it later in the future. These blocks won't even be that valuable in the future, they'll be like those Thanksgiving trophies (they did scrap that idea) which nobody really cares that much about because it's a long forgotten update. Chances are, when these creators quit the game, everyone will forget about them, the same as how people who sponsored items long ago have been forgotten.
    IGN: awesome187
    Level: 73
    Admin on the Growtopia Wikia.

Master Sorcerer

Most flaws were unveiled thanks to you.

The only thing here I could agree with...or anything related to u, really

Is that creators should be allowed to give some of the blocks to friends, or really important fans.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

Solution: Make the, so many times suggested by almost every content creator, content creator item. Like a special item only the content creators have. Just so that they have something to remember this with and something special that really does make them feel more appreciated.
    Actually i dont think this would help to creators. Most of big content creator use same clothing items for so long time. If you give them 'Content creator hoodie'. It will be useless after making a video. I dont think they gonna use any clothes.
    Solution: After -??- amount of Subscribers with 10 Growtopia videos. Youtuber will design the new item. That would be really good news for their fans.
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

After reading this all I'm getting is GIVE ME ITEMS IM A CONTENT CREATOR!
    The direct link to your YouTube channels not enough, the subs people earn and the ad revenue isn't enough?
    A block you get to keep that is easy 1-2dl with the face on isn't enough.

Greed!
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    After reading this all I'm getting is GIVE ME ITEMS IM A CONTENT CREATOR!
    The direct link to your YouTube channels not enough, the subs people earn and the ad revenue isn't enough?
    A block you get to keep that is easy 1-2dl with the face on isn't enough.

Greed!
    First of all, I'm not even a creator anymore. Nothing can be changed for me - hence the title of the thread. And yes, the ad revenue is there, but it's there without the creator tab as well. This tab did not benefit the creators almost in any way. 1-2dls. That is laughable compared to everything most of the creators have done, and even then, we can NOT sell the blocks. Don't call me greedy. As I said, this is not about me. It is about the next content creators who will have these exact problems as the current creators have.
    Ingame name - OldGertie

Instagram - @OldGertie

Discord - OldGertie#3133

First of all, I'm not even a creator anymore. Nothing can be changed for me - hence the title of the thread. And yes, the ad revenue is there, but it's there without the creator tab as well. This tab did not benefit the creators almost in any way. 1-2dls. That is laughable compared to everything most of the creators have done, and even then, we can NOT sell the blocks. Don't call me greedy. As I said, this is not about me. It is about the next content creators who will have these exact problems as the current creators have.
    If BenBarrage and MrSongo are in the list, then I vote to ditch that list altogether and keep it hidden since they do not benefit the community in any way.
    All they do is clickbait and fill their videos with a quadrillion ad to earn revenue.
    There are better youtubers out there which should have been on the list instead of those clickbaiters, notably MrAmos which really puts quality into his videos.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Again it's greed it's wanting more and more when really the block should be enough along with the whole time they are getting extra views subs and ad revs.
    Enough is enough.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%