Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there plans for

Default Is there plans for

I think it's quite known that players would like a backpack upgrade either more it's or better management of items in back pack.
    Is there any plans for future updates. of the backpack Anything in discussion?
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    I think it's quite known that players would like a backpack upgrade either more it's or better management of items in back pack.
    I disagree to this idea. If you have a lot of Untradeable item, get a Untradeable box. If you want to carry a lot of clothes. Manage your inventory for it, Drop all useless blocks and seeds.
    Sorry but backpack space is pretty enough. If you have a problem with the current inventory space, This mean 256 space will not be enough for you to.
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I disagree to this idea. If you have a lot of Untradeable item, get a Untradeable box. If you want to carry a lot of clothes. Manage your inventory for it, Drop all useless blocks and seeds.
    Sorry but backpack space is pretty enough. If you have a problem with the current inventory space, This mean 256 space will not be enough for you to.
    I have two untradeaboxes, yes 256 is loads but when that is. Finding stuff is a nightmare having tabs for consumables, ocks, locks and whatever a better management system would be great.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

I myself already have a untradeabox and guess what, it's full to the brim.
    Even if I'd get a second one it'd be full the moment I advanced a bit more in my role quests.

Inventory managament isn't exactly doable anymore.
    Let's take a look at my inventory:
    - 11 items that I regularly get while farming
    - 6 items that I need for farming
    - ~7 items that I regularly get while doing geiger
    - 4 different kinds of currencies that I earn regularly
    - 6 different kinds of locks that I always carry with me
    - 8 utility blocks ( doors, portals, dirt, fertilizer, pathmarker, vending machine, ..)
    - close to 50 clothing related items that I need to have with me ( cosmetic, farming, utility, untradeable, ...)
    and the list just goes on.

In the end most of my inventory gets cramped with all this trash that I get from doing any activity and no, I am not interested in managing my inventory all day long every day.
    Combine this with the inventory being scrambled together without any order and you'll have a quite the mess.

To further my point, please take a look at the lock order in your inventory:
    Big Lock -> Builders Lock -> Diamond Lock -> Huge Lock -> Small Lock -> World Lock

Instead of something like this:
    World Lock -> Diamond Lock -> Small Lock -> Big Lock -> Huge Lock -> Builders lock

This also happens with most other things.
    I eg. remember all chemicals being found together except one.

tldr;
    yes, better inventory management options (eg. categorisation) and larger inventories would greatly benefit the players.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    I myself already have a untradeabox and guess what, it's full to the brim.
    Even if I'd get a second one it'd be full the moment I advanced a bit more in my role quests.

Inventory managament isn't exactly doable anymore.
    Let's take a look at my inventory:
    - 11 items that I regularly get while farming
    - 6 items that I need for farming
    - ~7 items that I regularly get while doing geiger
    - 4 different kinds of currencies that I earn regularly
    - 6 different kinds of locks that I always carry with me
    - 8 utility blocks ( doors, portals, dirt, fertilizer, pathmarker, vending machine, ..)
    - close to 50 clothing related items that I need to have with me ( cosmetic, farming, utility, untradeable, ...)
    and the list just goes on.

In the end most of my inventory gets cramped with all this trash that I get from doing any activity and no, I am not interested in managing my inventory all day long every day.
    Combine this with the inventory being scrambled together without any order and you'll have a quite the mess.

Big Lock -> Builders Lock -> Diamond Lock -> Huge Lock -> Small Lock -> World Lock

Instead of something like this:
    World Lock -> Diamond Lock -> Small Lock -> Big Lock -> Huge Lock -> Builders lock

This also happens with most other things.
    I eg. remember all chemicals being found together except one.

tldr;
    yes, better inventory management options (eg. categorisation) and larger inventories would greatly benefit the players.
    The inventory is sorted by rarity, names and different categories. The rarity and names are pretty good but they should take a closer look in the categories as it could be improved. Some items are in the wrong categories, for example, some crime cards, ice crust, uranium, starship parts and more are located in the miscellaneous category although they are all blocks. The block categories are a bit of a mess. Deadly blocks and bouncy blocks are before consumables while pain blocks and all the other blocks except doors and locks are after consumables. Fish should have their own category.

Clothes category is in a pretty good condition. Probably because all the clothes are in the same category.

Lesser Wizard

if only there was something like a growscan but it checks your inventory. you can access it by wrenching yourself or another tab below the info button.
    Visit AFATHERANDSON
    Follow @snowblizter on INSTAGRAM!

From a programming standpoint, more backpack upgrades are not possible, maximum being 255 (Max value for a byte).
    The remaining 59 are reserved for forcibly adding items to a player's inventory (eg support restoring a player's lost items, or rewards)

Maybe they can add an alternate extra backpack to remedy that, but I'm not sure how convinient it would be to manage it
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 120. Title/Dragon/Dragon Wings/Epic done, sponsor pending.
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    From a programming standpoint, more backpack upgrades are not possible, maximum being 255 (Max value for a byte).
    The remaining 59 are reserved for forcibly adding items to a player's inventory (eg support restoring a player's lost items, or rewards)

Maybe they can add an alternate extra backpack to remedy that, but I'm not sure how convinient it would be to manage it
    Backpack page 2 hmmmm nice I like it.

Achievements

People with anime profile pic > dyn

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post

I find the Lock Order very weird because of the Alphabetical order but I remembered it being Small Lock, Big Lock, Huge Lock, World Lock...?

When you get to max backpack it should change to tabs for different items like blocks, seeds, locks, consumables, clothes and Untradables making it easier to manage.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Lesser Knight

I agree as growtopia is getting bigger with more items i think there should be more backpack spaces all kinds of seeds, blocks even if i use untrd box and safe boxes it is just not enought
    IGN: Syllable
    Level: 53
    Main World: SYLLABLEGT
    Guild: Diamond (GC)

Check out Syllable GT on Youtube and follow me on Instagram @Syllable_Gt

"Excelsior!"

I dont have a problem with backpack space, but the item management is terrible.
    IGN: Imunity

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    I dont have a problem with backpack space, but the item management is terrible.
    Yeah management is the main issue with my backpack.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Well, at least make something so we could drop easily. Like check the items you want to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYSBOLL View Post
    Well, at least make something so we could drop easily. Like check the items you want to drop.
    That would be class!
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

That would be class!
    Just made a thread on suggestion box lol. Wanna support it by giving a free bump?

Quote Originally Posted by BEYSBOLL View Post
    Just made a thread on suggestion box lol. Wanna support it by giving a free bump?
    Definitely :-)
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

But isn't the current max 196? That means we have a bit more than 50 free slots....

Honestly, I'd kill to even have 5 more slots.... every slot counts.

Also, I'm really hoping for more space. Like, if you think of it, whats the real problem with increasing backpack space? We have storage boxes, if Growtopia can handle making those(cause they store items too) I don't understand what makes storage boxes different from backpack space.
    Let's make posts that count!

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    But isn't the current max 196? That means we have a bit more than 50 free slots....

Honestly, I'd kill to even have 5 more slots.... every slot counts.

Also, I'm really hoping for more space. Like, if you think of it, whats the real problem with increasing backpack space? We have storage boxes, if Growtopia can handle making those(cause they store items too) I don't understand what makes storage boxes different from backpack space.

More item slots would make it more difficult to manage If they add space we need management.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

A backpack search option would be great imo
    Wassup