Thread: Forum freedom in danger

Default Forum freedom in danger

In regards to the past few forums scams, "Invest in me" threads has been banned to prevent future scams.
    Many "investment" threads in the collaboration subforum has been banned and disposed of.

This is a good thing, people are less likely to get scammed now. But the trade off is, people can't get the support they need by themselves and must rely on "Invest in you" threads.

"Invest in me" threads are still occuring around the forums and hasn't been taken down yet and people are still getting scammed.

Will the rules be reinforced? Basically most of the threads/replies can be regarded as a scam attempt in collaboration ( I'm mean it's >=2 player trusting each other to accomplish task to help one another ) "Invest in you" might get banned, same goes for the "Borrow", "Service" etc. threads.

Will our freedom stay? To reinforce the rules, we will have restricted freedom but that means the forum is safer.

Forum used to be pretty wild back then, now everything you say is getting watched, everything you do. You can't use a moderator avatar for a April fool's joke, Joke threads are considered spam and banable, threads are closed while not violating any rules ( unable to discuss further ).

I would like to hear the opinions of the community and plans of the Growtopia Team.

Achievements

People with anime profile pic > dyn

Lesser Wizard

I agree with u. Its like making lending items in Growtopia illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by TTTZ View Post
    I agree with u. Its like making lending items in Growtopia illegal.
    Yeah, if people want to take the risk let them.

Quote Originally Posted by GaysD View Post
    But then more and more people are going to complain that they got scammed. Rules are here to protect people and not to annoy people

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    Rule your mind or it will rule you.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Quote Originally Posted by GaysD View Post
    Then support is flooded with players complaining they have been robbed.
    Nice.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

We consider investment threads as players that post on forums and ask players to give them items, and promised to be returned a greater amount after a certain period of time. Those are blatant scams and where we draw the line. Therefore they are not tolerated on the forums, and will be taken down.

However simple collaboration threads are not necessarily scams, so we can't necessarily take action on these, unless they are proven to be a source of problems and scams. This also becomes an in-game issue.

This is a good reminder that you should report it to us forum and game mods whenever it happens.
    Last edited by Necturne; 05-26-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Every scam has a gullible person as a victim. If that gullible person doesn't fall for an investment thread, they'll instead fall for something else. My point is that banning these threads won't help, and there's zero need for it. Maybe an official sticker "hey, this is shady, just letting you know".
    this is fun
    i don't mind what might happen