Thread: Recent updates are ruining Growtopia and here's why...

Thumbs down Recent updates are ruining Growtopia and here's why...

Hello, everything said in this thread is purely opinion-based and can be interpreted differently.

I think that over the past couple of years there has been a lot of amazing, helpful and affordable items bought into the game. There are a lot more items now that cater to the more poorer players of Growtopia, but don't you think its all become a little bit too much? I do. Here's why. Firstly, back in the day to have special abilities like high jump paired with double jump, speedy, long punch, fast break etc you'd buy an Xenonite Crystal; Nowadays you can buy a bunch of cheap items that will give you them same abilities all in one for less than half the price. Secondly, the 'flashy' items. They're everywhere you go now, and I'm not talking and golden items or legendary items, I'm talking about items you can get for under 100WLS. Don't get me wrong this is great for poorer Growtopians but I feel like it's really taken the magic feeling away from a truly rare, pro item. All the updates Ubisoft have released recently just contain a bunch of cheap flashy items that aren't necessary. And I think Growtopia felt a lot more nicer when things were simple and when you did have to be richer to have the biggest and best items. Now we have people with their wings the size of da Vinci for the price of a few dls, or people with items that resemble legendary/expensive items for not even a quarter of the price. There are also items that have the same effects/functions as each other and one could cost tons of dis and the other could cost 50wls. I think the developers need to calm down a bit on making a bunch of pro looking items that end up all over Growtopia because of how easy they are to obtain and should start to focus on the quality of their updates.

but flashy items are cool
    IGN : Pentegors
    Click this pwease
    → [https://dragcave.net/view/WuTrJ]

Growtopia's updates now seem to cater towards trying to keep the game alive in short-term bursts by following the same formula: new feature, new blocks, new clothing, and then some really flashy clothing. And that's really all an update needs, except sometimes the game doesn't need that every month.

It's quite annoying when Growtopia offers such a vast variety of clothing for the players to use, but it feels quite restricting when you are forced to wear clothes with Double Jump & Speedy! mod for the benefits of those mods. In addition to those, I find myself having to wear Rubber Boots to prevent those Ghosts - which, might I add, are the stupidest thing to ever be added to Growtopia. They are completely useless and are an abundance for how aggravating they are to play with. I don't wish to enter every single one of my worlds to be slimed or mind-bent every 10 seconds, to then clear them all out, for each world, and then come back later for them to return. Ghost Charms are also stupidly expensive. Anyways, I got off-topic - I usually wear a Speed Medallion, Rubber Boots & a Double Jump item because those are just necessities to me.

My point is, there are so many different types of clothing I'd love to wear, but I've restricted some of my slots because of the necessity for such mods. My only suggestion is to make default speed the same as the Speedy! mod, and thus shoes become purely cosmetic, where Asbestos and Rubber Boots can become meta because of their alternate and efficient abilities. I mean, Speedy! mod is very, very useful, but literally everyone has it. It has become such a common item to have, that it has become normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pente View Post
    but flashy items are cool
    But in a game driven by status, why would you want to enter a trade world where everyone looks like they belong on a fashion catwalk?
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : INSANE ¦ PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    30 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Techy
    But in a game driven by status, why would you want to enter a trade world where everyone looks like they belong on a fashion catwalk?
    uhm you can change graphic details you know
    IGN : Pentegors
    Click this pwease
    → [https://dragcave.net/view/WuTrJ]

Absolutely I agree with flashy and cheap good items.
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware666 View Post
    Hello, everything said in this thread is purely opinion-based and can be interpreted differently.

I think that over the past couple of years there has been a lot of amazing, helpful and affordable items bought into the game. There are a lot more items now that cater to the more poorer players of Growtopia, but don't you think its all become a little bit too much? I do. Here's why. Firstly, back in the day to have special abilities like high jump paired with double jump, speedy, long punch, fast break etc you'd buy an Xenonite Crystal; Nowadays you can buy a bunch of cheap items that will give you them same abilities all in one for less than half the price. Secondly, the 'flashy' items. They're everywhere you go now, and I'm not talking and golden items or legendary items, I'm talking about items you can get for under 100WLS. Don't get me wrong this is great for poorer Growtopians but I feel like it's really taken the magic feeling away from a truly rare, pro item. All the updates Ubisoft have released recently just contain a bunch of cheap flashy items that aren't necessary. And I think Growtopia felt a lot more nicer when things were simple and when you did have to be richer to have the biggest and best items. Now we have people with their wings the size of da Vinci for the price of a few dls, or people with items that resemble legendary/expensive items for not even a quarter of the price. There are also items that have the same effects/functions as each other and one could cost tons of dis and the other could cost 50wls. I think the developers need to calm down a bit on making a bunch of pro looking items that end up all over Growtopia because of how easy they are to obtain and should start to focus on the quality of their updates.
    I mean like at first those items were expensive but then it starts to drop because of the economy, so basically, every item will eventually drop if it doesn't have any new effects.

The updates are ok, but every update has bug and glitches. And I know it is not avoidable, cause it happens in all games.

It is not really ruining the game. They made that updates cause it is a bandwagon or trends that are happening right now, which is great.
    Last edited by Aeios; 05-27-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    Hello Everybody!

HAVE FUN ON GROWTOPIA WELL IT IS A FUN GAME THOUGH.

🇵🇭ProudPinoy🇵🇭
    IGN: Aeios
    I Love Nature