Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CONCEPT] The committee of construction

Banned

Default [CONCEPT] The committee of construction

Hello everyone!

In the light of encouraging external companions for the game and encouraging socializing, I'm posting here to suggest a new website that can be done for the game!

So,

What is this?
    The committee of construction is a website where people searching for someone to build their world can search for builders and see their past constructions so that they can decide if they want to hire them.

How does that work?

Getting started for builders
    It's a website where builders signup for an account. The committee then asks the builder for the worlds that builder has constructed, and checks if they are legit. The committee will then attach the worlds built by the builder to his profile, where every thing he has built will appear.

Finding the builder
    Finding the builder is easy. On the index page, we'll have 3 filters:
    Order by [newest, top rated, most built]

Contacting the builder
    Contacting the builder is a 1 click action! You just have to click the "Request construction" button and input your email (so we can notify you) and the price you want to pay the builder for doing the world (excluding materials). Once you've done that, we'll receive your request and will ask the builder if your payment is enough.
    If everything goes right, we'll email you with all the details, and you'll have to deposit the builder's payment before he starts in a special world (owned by the committee) to prevent no-payment after construction scams.
    If the builder refuses the price, we'll email saying the builder doesn't want to do business.

Construction
    Once construction starts, you'll be providing the builder the materials progressively to prevent material scams (although we'll do our best to pick trusted builders), and once the builder fully finishes your world, he'll receive the payment (and if he doesn't, you get your WLs back).

When the building ends, you'll have to /renderworld your world and input a rating for the builder so that others know whether or not the builder is worth hiring. The world he built for you will then appear on his profile.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Hello everyone!

In the light of encouraging external companions for the game and encouraging socializing, I'm posting here to suggest a new website that can be done for the game!

So,

What is this?
    The committee of construction is a website where people searching for someone to build their world can search for builders and see their past constructions so that they can decide if they want to hire them.

How does that work?

Getting started for builders
    It's a website where builders signup for an account. The committee then asks the builder for the worlds that builder has constructed, and checks if they are legit. The committee will then attach the worlds built by the builder to his profile, where every thing he has built will appear.

Finding the builder
    Finding the builder is easy. On the index page, we'll have 3 filters:
    Order by [newest, top rated, most built]

Contacting the builder
    Contacting the builder is a 1 click action! You just have to click the "Request construction" button and input your email (so we can notify you) and the price you want to pay the builder for doing the world (excluding materials). Once you've done that, we'll receive your request and will ask the builder if your payment is enough.
    If everything goes right, we'll email you with all the details, and you'll have to deposit the builder's payment before he starts in a special world (owned by the committee) to prevent no-payment after construction scams.

Construction
    Once construction starts, you'll be providing the builder the materials progressively to prevent material scams (although we'll do our best to pick trusted builders), and once the builder fully finishes your world, he'll receive the payment (and if he doesn't, you get your WLs back).
    If the builder refuses the price, we'll email saying the builder doesn't want to do business.

When the building ends, you'll have to /renderworld your world and input a rating for the builder so that others know whether or not the builder is worth hiring. The world he built for you will then appear on his profile.

What do you think?
    Cool thing,any problems with servers?
    Also I recommend making a team for middlemans,cuz it's too ez to make fake emails using fake email services,discord is still not a solution tho
    welp. i dont any ideas to add to my signature

Join Forumer United Discord Server!

The BiteLordist Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Cool your head off with some anime girls.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Felixcesar15 View Post
    Cool thing,any problems with servers?
    Also I recommend making a team for middlemans,cuz it's too ez to make fake emails using fake email services,discord is still not a solution tho
    Thanks and what do you mean?
    People who input their emails to hire a builder will receive a link to click to validate their request.

inb4 outsourced WOTDs

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

I love this idea, this would be an absolutely perfect way to incentivise building again in Growtopia. The problem with building is that it's always so expensive, but this would help combat that by providing builders with a way of actually earning funds for building by building. Definite +1 from me!

Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    inb4 outsourced WOTDs
    To be completely honest they'd probably still be better than what we're currently getting.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao

#FireAncient founder

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I love this idea, this would be an absolutely perfect way to incentivise building again in Growtopia. The problem with building is that it's always so expensive, but this would help combat that by providing builders with a way of actually earning funds for building by building. Definite +1 from me!

To be completely honest they'd probably still be better than what we're currently getting.
    Thanks for the thumbs up! Will definitely create the website then since you've provided the most valid arguments for that website to be a thing

I love this idea, this would give builders opportunities to express they'r passion for building and also earn some world locks in process.
    GrowCord - Discord Bot

The only growtopia discord bot that post growtopia news and more directly into your discord server.
    ==
    Discord: MrAugu#9016
    IGN: MrAugu
    ==
    Full-stack developer.

Join Forumers United Discord Server.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugu View Post
    I love this idea, this would give builders opportunities to express they'r passion for building and also earning some world locks in process.
    First off, thanks!
    Aaaand, the discord master is here! I'll need you for the discord part of things since I'm planning to let builders register by just using a command that'll directly opt them in. Do you have time or should I do it myself?

First off, thanks!
    Aaaand, the discord master is here! I'll need you for the discord part of things since I'm planning to let builders register by just using a command that'll directly opt them in. Do you have time or should I do it myself?
    Long story short, i can do whatever you want me to.
    GrowCord - Discord Bot

The only growtopia discord bot that post growtopia news and more directly into your discord server.
    ==
    Discord: MrAugu#9016
    IGN: MrAugu
    ==
    Full-stack developer.

Join Forumers United Discord Server.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugu View Post
    Long story short, i can do whatever you want me to.
    Alright! Ready, set, go!
    This will go live on July!

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say that using this service is totally free of charge both for buyers and sellers (meaning the committee will not take taxes on transactions).
    Donations to support the project will be open to public though and will be used to SB about the website in-game (unless Ubisoft is against us doing so)

Banned

Have you researched the demand for this kind of service?

Sounds more sensible to make a general collaboration platform and use building as one of its subsets. There's not going to much hype or use for an website dedicated solely to this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsisname View Post
    Have you researched the demand for this kind of service?

Sounds more sensible to make a general collaboration platform and use building as one of its subsets. There's not going to much hype or use for an website dedicated solely to this.
    Could you give me some examples please?

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of creating multiple branches for the project including a BFG finder tool with BFG Opening times and farmables used in it.

#scammersruineverything
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    #scammersruineverything
    What kind of scammers are you referring to?

Banned

Could you give me some examples please?
    TorBoob's Growtopia Tools Hub Website Place.
    Main branches include Collaboration Finder, GrowStocks, your phishing thing and GrowAPI that always returns {error: "this idea is terrible and i suck"}.
    Collaboration Finder includes building, magplant, farm managing, and all other kinds of collaborating.

That's how I'd do it if I had that much time on my hands to spend on the community. Easier to manage and promote. Centering things around your name makes it somewhat easier to remember.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsisname View Post
    TorBoob's Growtopia Tools Hub Website Place.
    Main branches include Collaboration Finder, GrowStocks, your phishing thing and GrowAPI that always returns {error: "this idea is terrible and i suck"}.
    Collaboration Finder includes building, magplant, farm managing, and all other kinds of collaborating.

That's how I'd do it if I had that much time on my hands to spend on the community. Easier to manage and promote. Centering things around your name makes it somewhat easier to remember.
    Okay, noted. Will probably center everything around GrowStocks

What if my world isnt cleared And i want a construction as big as a cleared world
    I love how people would break friendships for the sake of some yellow lock

Not gonna use fsjal avatar for now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBeStGeMx View Post
    What if my world isnt cleared And i want a construction as big as a cleared world
    Good question! We'll launch a clearing service too!

wow ok thats good
    hope no scammersdasasdzxz
    I am not gay but my IGN is jimizgay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    wow ok thats good
    hope no scammersdasasdzxz
    Nu scam pl0x

On the serious side, what kind of scammers are you referring to?