Thread: Zombie Pandemic desperately needs a revamp.

Post Zombie Pandemic desperately needs a revamp.

The Zombie Pandemic was designed to hold a community event between Zombies and Players, though a neat concept, was executed quite poorly... especially in the present. It just doesn't suffice to what is meant to be.

Zombie items are from the apocalypse since that's where you get mutated cells. However, they only appear IF zombies win the pandemic BUT even if they do, the pandemic is once every 8 months?

The problems:
    - pandemic only occurs roughly once every 8 months. For a 12ish hour-long event, every 8 months is too much. So, it needs to occur more frequently by either reducing the amount needed to be infected or increase the number of players being infected.

- being a zombie is a massive downside. There aren't many being infected as players do not want to be infected (I know the concept of not being infected is obvious, since realistically who wants to be a zombie), but those who are infected just wait until the infection is over or use an antidote, meaning there is hardly anyone else getting infected. The whole point of being a Zombie is meant to spread the plague, well they can't do that with their gruesome slowness and lowered jump to be able to infect other players and the abundance of Zombie Jammers. The best they can do is just wait it out which defeats the point of being infected.
    To tackle this issue, they could buff Zombies and nerf Zombie Jammers. Make it so Zombies don't get limited jump and speed and make the effect last longer, so it hardly affects their gameplay, but they have the positive effect of being able to infect others. And to be able to infect others, Zombie Jammers can be nerfed, by making it so players take like 20 punches from zombies to become a zombie, and if there are more zombies in the world than players (only if there is a plentiful amount of people in the first place, for example, a minimum of 10 players), then the Zombie Jammer's effectiveness weakens. More zombies = less punches required to infect other players. Players in trade worlds won't get affected too much since being a Zombie won't limit them in any way (maybe through text, but that can be removed, or altered so players can add colour to their speech whilst being infected).

- mutated cells only spawn during the victory of the zombies... we've only had this happened (maybe) twice because of the massive drawbacks of zombies. Mutated cells are very important to the infected items you can splice because that's their sole usage. With Mutated Seeds costing a fortune and being incredibly difficult to find, there is very little reason to bother wanting to actually craft your own infected item (i.e the blaster, hair, infected door, etc.), and rather you just buy one... in my case, I really - desperately - want to utilise some infected doors and signs, but I don't really wish to search for a mutated seed to splice them (and then get a measly 1 door or sign because RNG...) because nobody actually has any infected signs, doors or chairs in stock, for a not absurd price. To fix this, decrease the required mutated cells to craft a mutated seed to 100 (from 200), increase their spawn rate and don't tie them to world population (because realistically, the only people who benefit from that factor are trade world owners who already monopolise the game prominently). Also, with the buffs to Zombies and possibly adding more weapons (via adding the effect to already existing items or new), will make the war between the two fairer.

thanks for listening.
    - written by a player who desperately wants to use some infected doors and signs for his world.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Lesser Wizard

I forgot that event exist.

Maybe there should be a new update to the future ‘zombie apocalypese 2.’

Edited.

They should make you can not ban zombies. Because people usually ban them when ever they come.

And,

To make the zombie thing more funnier, if ‘someone’ infects player. The zombie gets a zombie brain/ clean Brain what ever we are gonna call it. during the apocalypse. Or 100 gems or more infecting players ‘not during the apocalypse event’.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPath- View Post

Edited.

They should make you can not ban zombies. Because people usually ban them when ever they come.
    omg yes a sequel
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    The Zombie Pandemic was designed to hold a community event between Zombies and Players, though a neat concept, was executed quite poorly... especially in the present. It just doesn't suffice to what is meant to be.

Zombie items are from the apocalypse since that's where you get mutated cells. However, they only appear IF zombies win the pandemic BUT even if they do, the pandemic is once every 8 months?

The problems:
    - pandemic only occurs roughly once every 8 months. For a 12ish hour-long event, every 8 months is too much. So, it needs to occur more frequently by either reducing the amount needed to be infected or increase the number of players being infected.

- being a zombie is a massive downside. There aren't many being infected as players do not want to be infected (I know the concept of not being infected is obvious, since realistically who wants to be a zombie), but those who are infected just wait until the infection is over or use an antidote, meaning there is hardly anyone else getting infected. The whole point of being a Zombie is meant to spread the plague, well they can't do that with their gruesome slowness and lowered jump to be able to infect other players and the abundance of Zombie Jammers. The best they can do is just wait it out which defeats the point of being infected.
    To tackle this issue, they could buff Zombies and nerf Zombie Jammers. Make it so Zombies don't get limited jump and speed and make the effect last longer, so it hardly affects their gameplay, but they have the positive effect of being able to infect others. And to be able to infect others, Zombie Jammers can be nerfed, by making it so players take like 20 punches from zombies to become a zombie, and if there are more zombies in the world than players (only if there is a plentiful amount of people in the first place, for example, a minimum of 10 players), then the Zombie Jammer's effectiveness weakens. More zombies = less punches required to infect other players. Players in trade worlds won't get affected too much since being a Zombie won't limit them in any way (maybe through text, but that can be removed, or altered so players can add colour to their speech whilst being infected).

- mutated cells only spawn during the victory of the zombies... we've only had this happened (maybe) twice because of the massive drawbacks of zombies. Mutated cells are very important to the infected items you can splice because that's their sole usage. With Mutated Seeds costing a fortune and being incredibly difficult to find, there is very little reason to bother wanting to actually craft your own infected item (i.e the blaster, hair, infected door, etc.), and rather you just buy one... in my case, I really - desperately - want to utilise some infected doors and signs, but I don't really wish to search for a mutated seed to splice them (and then get a measly 1 door or sign because RNG...) because nobody actually has any infected signs, doors or chairs in stock, for a not absurd price. To fix this, decrease the required mutated cells to craft a mutated seed to 100 (from 200), increase their spawn rate and don't tie them to world population (because realistically, the only people who benefit from that factor are trade world owners who already monopolise the game prominently). Also, with the buffs to Zombies and possibly adding more weapons (via adding the effect to already existing items or new), will make the war between the two fairer.

thanks for listening.
    - written by a player who desperately wants to use some infected doors and signs for his world.
    You should also take into account the problem with antidotes, one person can wipe out a world with 50 zombies alone, this is because how OP antidotes are, imagine being, having fun infecting people and then someone comes with an antidote and makes it so that you can't have fun for like an hour or something and guess what, there's no way to remove antidote effects!
    May or may not have trolled you in a horrible way

I love spikey hair!

Previously when HELL was still open for people to visit and "mock" the cursed players, zombies spreaded quick and fast which led to the event happening within a 2 to 3 months interval but now....... Hmmm.
    IGN :LI0NHEART

The combo you have all been waiting for.
    I know its beautiful, no need to thank me,you are all welcome.

Banned

+1 for the revamp (this should be in suggestion box btw)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPath- View Post

Edited.

And,

To make the zombie thing more funnier, if ‘someone’ infects player. The zombie gets a zombie brain/ clean Brain what ever we are gonna call it. during the apocalypse. Or 100 gems or more infecting players ‘not during the apocalypse event’.
    The anti- ban zombie will be abused and used for scams.
    IGN :LI0NHEART

The combo you have all been waiting for.
    I know its beautiful, no need to thank me,you are all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyisheretohelp View Post
    You should also take into account the problem with antidotes, one person can wipe out a world with 50 zombies alone, this is because how OP antidotes are, imagine being, having fun infecting people and then someone comes with an antidote and makes it so that you can't have fun for like an hour or something and guess what, there's no way to remove antidote effects!
    An antidote for an antidote... or just make it so you can't antidote others.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Yes they need a buff because i dont even know if there will be one in 2019 because of the amount of z jammers how cheap antidotes are and people banning zombies

+1
    I love how people would break friendships for the sake of some yellow lock

Not gonna use fsjal avatar for now

B U M P cus faxx
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

Default Anothee idea

Maybe they can add random event like crystal seed event,
    but this different let me tell how it works:
    Name: zombie infection
    1-5 player automatically become zombie and can infected other player in a world even if z jammer there while the event still in going. Every player who you infected give you 1 gems and they can kill zombie with gun/bow while the event still in going and the player who kill zombie get 1 gems too.
    The event will last 3 min maybe ?
    With this random event more people will become zombie
    Especially that happened in full crowded world like buy+world/trade world
    Notes: kill / infect give 1 gems
    Thanks

Hello

let me think, Zombie brain can be obtained from zombie pandemic, 8 months once? Long time
    Yea I really miss that event
    So I make some fanart about growtopia (\^^

You can visit my deviant profile

-CHECK IT OUT-

NICK : AmarCB (GL)

GUILD : Fazeclan

Thumbs up

I have some good news. We do have some balancing changes in the works for the zombie pandemic so you can look forward to seeing this system getting a bit of a bump in the near future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePsyborg View Post
    I have some good news. We do have some balancing changes in the works for the zombie pandemic so you can look forward to seeing this system getting a bit of a bump in the near future.
    /dance

Congrats 😂
    IGN : PhoenixRz
    Level : 95/125
    Instagram : phoenixrz.gt

"Be grateful with whatever you had."

you're a wizard, techy
    h

Since this thread already got a response from ThePsyborg and we already shared the feedback to our dev team I shall be closing this thread now. For rebalancing suggestions and feedback please go to this thread.