Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto farmers and bfg's

Is that fair? I think it's not fair at all,
    I mean why should it be nuked the world? why not ban the (auto farmer,)
    So I make some fanart about growtopia (\^^

You can visit my deviant profile

-CHECK IT OUT-

NICK : AmarCB (GL)

GUILD : Fazeclan

Quote Originally Posted by Amarcb View Post
    Is that fair? I think it's not fair at all,
    I mean why should it be nuked the world? why not ban the (auto farmer,)
    Yea...
    (10 chars)
    Goals

Level 103/125

If you want to get in touch:

Need fire hydrants ?
    Go to BUYHYDRANTS ^_^

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    A huge portion of Growtopia players don't reply to messages anyhow. This being implanted wouldn't change that - you would just have hundreds of wrongly banned players.

Also, unless it's a private message, how are they supposed to know the message is for them? Most spammers/auto-farmers are in busy worlds.
    First of all truly.
    Players know when they are talked when Text Covers their character.
    Message what covers most part of their Screen is enought to get any reply , and banning temporarily 1h from Current world where they are at.
    90% of cases will message you back , Why i got banned , then after very short discussion they admit that they were using Violtating softwares.
    Makes me add them in blacklist. Because i cannot be sure from their words do they remove or just keep on continuing.
    Our guild second BFG has had similar problems and those players try gettin back again and if they get back by name changing they are again found out doing such thing again.
    2nd way is to Pull player from their accessable area. Just simply point out if they continue after 5 seconds their repeat Add & Break routine without any changes u surely know they are BOTs.
    Last edited by Talek; 05-29-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Typos

Angry

This is complete nonsense! Since I'm a bfg owner, I'm really concerned. How can devs allow themselves to do this?

On top of that i have a few questions. Was this decided by some random mod or it was actually a direct order from devs? Because I only saw 1 mod's reply to similar thread and it was locked momentarily.

Another question is a real situations. Let's say you leave your world and go to eat for 15mins. You have 6 people farming at that moment. Does this mean that you have zero control over your world when you are not watching? Your world can get nuked any second and because it's YOUR fault that your world has autofarmers (basically stated in that 1 mod's reply to a thread) it gets nuked!! How amazing is that?!?!

What about those people who don't have any experience with autofarmers? How can they identify them? I can assure you that it's not an easy task.

Gotta love where this is going.
    IGN: Imunity

This is so unfair. I host 8 bfgs, and I don't want to have to constantly watch over people breaking the entire time. It's so unfair to us owners, and the player should be banned, not the owner nor the world.
    PC/Mobile IGN: ShadowGraal
    Discord: SGE1#6261
    Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
    Legendary Dragon Owner
    Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    This is complete nonsense! Since I'm a bfg owner, I'm really concerned. How can devs allow themselves to do this?

On top of that i have a few questions. Was this decided by some random mod or it was actually a direct order from devs? Because I only saw 1 mod's reply to similar thread and it was locked momentarily.

Another question is a real situations. Let's say you leave your world and go to eat for 15mins. You have 6 people farming at that moment. Does this mean that you have zero control over your world when you are not watching? Your world can get nuked any second and because it's YOUR fault that your world has autofarmers (basically stated in that 1 mod's reply to a thread) it gets nuked!! How amazing is that?!?!

What about those people who don't have any experience with autofarmers? How can they identify them? I can assure you that it's not an easy task.

Gotta love where this is going.
    support told me directly that I would be punished, and my world would be permanently nuked.
    Legendary Dragon Owner

If you support this with your BFG, or do it yourself, it isn't allowed and the world will be nuked.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    If you support this with your BFG, or do it yourself, it isn't allowed and the world will be nuked.
    Well yeah, but support told me:
    "As the owner of the world, it is your responsibility to ensure that no one is autofarming in your world. If your world is found to be hosting any autofarmers, you will lose access to it."
    Legendary Dragon Owner

Well, it's your responsibility to prevent people from doing that in the first place. Don't punish us for their actions. Please.

It's like a cashier gets arrested after the robber robs him and gets away without a punishment.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Well, it's your responsibility to prevent people from doing that in the first place. Don't punish us for their actions. Please.

It's like a cashier gets arrested after the robber robs him and gets away without a punishment.
    It's nearly impossible to harvest trees, and watch over players at the same time. It's such an unreasonable rule, and needs to be changed/removed. I just want the macro players to get banned, not me and or my world.
    Legendary Dragon Owner

Very good comparison. Sadly the situation is exactly like that now :/
    IGN: Imunity

Banned

Right?
    As some said, we should only be punished if we do allow the use of them or do it ourselves.
    Otherwise, if you have signs saying "NO TO AUTOFARMERS", we shouldn't be responsible for what those rule breakers are doing. I mean, why would we have to suffer because someone we don't know, using hacks we don't like, living in a country we don't know decided to use illegal programs...

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Right?
    As some said, we should only be punished if we do allow the use of them or do it ourselves.
    Otherwise, if you have signs saying "NO TO AUTOFARMERS", we shouldn't be responsible for what those rule breakers are doing. I mean, why would we have to suffer because someone you don't know, using hacks you don't like, living in a country you don't know decided to use illegal programs...
    I have signs in my world saying "MACRO=BAN." It's still hard to tell who is using a macro, and who is legitimately farming efficiently.
    Legendary Dragon Owner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    I have signs in my world saying "MACRO=BAN." It's still hard to tell who is using a macro, and who is legitimately farming efficiently.
    That's why we shouldn't be responsible for those occurrences.
    After all, we're just fellow Growtopians who want to run their BFGs, not police trying to chase autofarmers.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    That's why we shouldn't be responsible for those occurrences.
    After all, we're just fellow Growtopians who want to run their BFGs, not police trying to chase autofarmers.
    Exactly! It's the mod's job to ban the autofarmers in game...
    Legendary Dragon Owner

Banned

Nuking a world just because there is an auto farmer in it is a bit excessive in my opinion. They need to first investigate if the owner has any connections to them before carrying out such harsh actions. As others said you can't possibly be there 24/7 to ban them.

Suggestion: Owners of BFG worlds should only be punished IF the auto farmer has any correlation with the world owner including being friends, same IP address, or giving gems to owners. There is no way a random person in your world that does an illegal activity should get you banned. That's like saying a random person auto spams to your vending machine world and you don't know. The spammer should be banned, but the world shouldn't be nuked if there's no correlation. Bfg world owners/admins should still be on the lookout to ban any illegal activities going on in the world.

Considering that there hasn't been an official announcement, the admins are most likely deciding what to do.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
    Well yeah, but support told me:
    "As the owner of the world, it is your responsibility to ensure that no one is autofarming in your world. If your world is found to be hosting any autofarmers, you will lose access to it."
    That’s like punishing an innocent bystander for not stopping a robbery - we are not freaking mods. If Ubisoft can’t get their moderating **** together, that’s not our problem. We shouldn’t have to play mod to avoid losing thousands of wls.

The devs might as well ban every single buy world, they all have spammers and therefore the owners are not being “responsible.”

Like I said - not our job.

Placing a mod’s responsibility upon the average player is idiotic.
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    Suggestion: Owners of BFG worlds should only be punished IF the auto farmer has any correlation with the world owner including being friends, same IP address, or giving gems to owners. There is no way a random person in your world that does an illegal activity should get you banned. That's like saying a random person auto spams to your vending machine world and you don't know. The spammer should be banned, but the world shouldn't be nuked if there's no correlation. Bfg world owners/admins should still be on the lookout to ban any illegal activities going on in the world.

Considering that there hasn't been an official announcement, the admins are most likely deciding what to do.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Legendary Dragon Owner

Default Not fair at all

I totally agree, that autofarmers should get banned by mods and I ban from my worlds if I detect those.

But to nuke worlds, if owner doesn't encourage/actively allow people to autofarm...

I run maybe 1-2 bfgs per day. Mostly I do it for players to get gems. I open a bfg if a friend messages, "I need gems/is any bfg open". Depending on the farmable, harvest gems are 5-20k per farm and farmables being so cheap, seed profit is almost no profit. I get some wls for the work I have done, but the time running a bfg takes (I don't use multiple accounts/auto-gliding farms. So harvesting, planting seeds, opening doors, banning trollers etc.), I would get almost the same amount of wls either farming myself or doing something else profitable. So the reason I run those, is mostly helping people. And now I can get punished = world gets nuked? That is totally not fair at all.

I don't stay in my bfg to monitor farmers. I saty only if I see something suspicious. I harvest another farm, plant seeds, restock my shop or talk to friends at the same time. Or i might get engaged in real life. If someone messages to open doors, they dcd, someone autofarms or trolls, I warp to farm immediately if I only can. But you can't expect me to monitor farmers in my bfg all the time. And it can be hard to detect autofarmers. Chatting and not responsing doesn't tell a thing. People watch Netflix/tv/yt at the same time that they farm. I do that also. Maybe it takes one to know one, if you say it's easy to detect them. (sorry for exaggerating this)

Now I had to inform friends and other players that my bfgs are closed for now. Maybe I can open only for closest friends, who I truly know that they don't autofarm. My life is a lot easier if I don't run those bfgs. But using bfgs has been a good way for new or any players to gain some wls. I really hope you don't take this away from them.
    GOALS:
    Lvl 125
    Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 8/10
    Legend: 0/3
    Ach: 121/161
    Epic: 18/32
    Ances: Riches 5, Dimensions 5
    Gems: 30/25 mil

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, GETGEMMIES, CRIMESTATE, 3RDROCK etc.

Ig: pinuskigt