Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Pandemic still unbalanced

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Pandemic still unbalanced

    As I'm writing this it's at 29% for curing and 23% for zombies. The reason this is happening is because people are spending hours doing chemsynth for pricy bridle designs.. Which is required for chicken plows. Their demand rise again between pandemics so unless the ratio of cured through chemsynth is changed nothing will really change and apocalypse will never happen

    We might still have the cell drops from infecting but it's still not a reason not to let apocalypse ever happen
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer MadameZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Yep, I agree. Right now it's 29% end 41% cure. No matter what, cure generally will win because chemsynth is profitable to people while infecting is not.

    Here's an idea: instead of having zombie brains being free for all, how about they instantly go in the inventories of those who kill the zombies? It's possible for owners to simply put a magplant and collect all zombie brains that drop as well.
    Another thing: give a period (like 5 seconds) of immunity to zombies before being able to be killed.
    IGN: MadameZ

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,376

    Default

    Maybe increase yield of mutant cells (1-10) to help value doing those actions or possibly increase the punch range of Zombies and their infection duration to help zombies infect others?

    Overall, I think these additions are great and help mutant cells become more accessible, but obviously being a zombie has many a drawback whereas Chemsynth does not. However, Pandemics should come quite regularly now (due to the decrease in required numbers), so in the long run, pandemic items should become more widely available.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard ZeoFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ask dora's map!
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Or set the hits to kill a zombie higher?
    Support Alex:

    Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

    https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer DavidDoesPBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    not in GULAG anymore
    Posts
    4,471

    Default

    maybe just decrease the amount of "cure" progress, one chemisynth gives, by ... Like... 3 times?
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: A surreal GT video


    The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    12,993

    Default

    How about adding a chance for chemsynth to "backfire" and infect the user?


    guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by BilaltmnOO View Post
    Arrested for being a dragon

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard ZeoFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ask dora's map!
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    How about adding a chance for chemsynth to "backfire" and infect the user?
    They'll just bring an alt to kill them and proceed the cure.
    Support Alex:

    Alex is a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and gaming always has been a hobby of him. So he shares how he plays and adapts to the rest of the world!

    https://www.youtube.com/user/xL1f30n3nd/

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Bump. We're at almost 30% difference (85/56)
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Oldsock (IGN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Sock Drawer
    Posts
    5,944

    Default

    It's the first Pandemic in a while so you have the profit hungry people spamming Chemsynth for Bridle Designs, but I think as Pandemic becomes more regular the price of Bridle Designs will naturally decrease, until Chicken Plows return to a reasonable price. So in the longrun Pandemics will last longer and the economy of the rewards will stabilise.

    I think Zombie Brains dropping is an obvious flaw that should have been fixed in this update, but at least Mutated Cells are now obtained in a good method.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

  10. #10
    Administrator ThePsyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback.
    The values for chem synth have already been reduced but we will continue to make tweaks until we get a nice balance.
    The requirements for starting a pandemic have also been reduced so you can look forward to the next pandemic coming sooner and having some more adjustments to get a nice and even competition.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    It's the first Pandemic in a while so you have the profit hungry people spamming Chemsynth for Bridle Designs, but I think as Pandemic becomes more regular the price of Bridle Designs will naturally decrease, until Chicken Plows return to a reasonable price. So in the longrun Pandemics will last longer and the economy of the rewards will stabilise.

    I think Zombie Brains dropping is an obvious flaw that should have been fixed in this update, but at least Mutated Cells are now obtained in a good method.
    Since pandemic occurs more often chems might end up rising though plus more people willing to go for obvious profit. Even if bridle was 50WLs I believe people would rather go for chemsynth which is pretty much free profit

    Plow is in serious constant demand aswell
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Oldsock (IGN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Sock Drawer
    Posts
    5,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Since pandemic occurs more often chems might end up rising though plus more people willing to go for obvious profit. Even if bridle was 50WLs I believe people would rather go for chemsynth which is pretty much free profit

    Plow is in serious constant demand aswell
    When the event was first released, Hamumu said he was interested to see which way the community would go. In the first event the Zombies won because there was no Chemsynth, however when Chemsynth was released for the subsequent Pandemic, the Humans won consistently. This is naturally because of the profit-driven community. It's sad that at this stage the only way for the Zombies to win is for the Humans to be put at a severe balancing disadvantage. I agree with Techy's suggestions to buff Zombies during this event, the other team should have some form of incentive to play, because at this stage they're just slow-moving targets for almost every weapon in the game.

    On the flipside Chemicals rising would be positive, wouldn't it? The entire Science Station section of the game is lacking value. Overall I think that if being a Zombie was improved, rewarding a sufficient amount of Mutated Cells per infection, and not reducing jump ability, punching distance or walking speed, it would be a more enjoyable experience and both sides of the war would be equally as fun (and profitable) to play as. Additionally to the ample Mutant Cells award, infecting somebody could also have a chance of giving you a Zombie Brain, since those are in low supply.

    Side note: Zombie Brains with the Salesman should be rebalanced, because all of the prizes, bar Growtokens, can be obtained from Chemsynth and Zombie Brains are better used in cooking for Gross Out than they are spent at the Salesman. Zombie Brains are too difficult to obtain for the price values to be worth it.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    When the event was first released, Hamumu said he was interested to see which way the community would go. In the first event the Zombies won because there was no Chemsynth, however when Chemsynth was released for the subsequent Pandemic, the Humans won consistently. This is naturally because of the profit-driven community. It's sad that at this stage the only way for the Zombies to win is for the Humans to be put at a severe balancing disadvantage. I agree with Techy's suggestions to buff Zombies during this event, the other team should have some form of incentive to play, because at this stage they're just slow-moving targets for almost every weapon in the game.

    On the flipside Chemicals rising would be positive, wouldn't it? The entire Science Station section of the game is lacking value. Overall I think that if being a Zombie was improved, rewarding a sufficient amount of Mutated Cells per infection, and not reducing jump ability, punching distance or walking speed, it would be a more enjoyable experience and both sides of the war would be equally as fun (and profitable) to play as. Additionally to the ample Mutant Cells award, infecting somebody could also have a chance of giving you a Zombie Brain, since those are in low supply.

    Side note: Zombie Brains with the Salesman should be rebalanced, because all of the prizes, bar Growtokens, can be obtained from Chemsynth and Zombie Brains are better used in cooking for Gross Out than they are spent at the Salesman. Zombie Brains are too difficult to obtain for the price values to be worth it.
    Imho the whole chemical crash is due to the lack of more uses in chems - most if not all useful items coming from combos are cheap and hardly worth to make. It doesn't help when several of the buy+ worlds related to these items are often royal locked giving little reason for people to gather science farms. I also believe that area is a problem that chemsynth alone can't fix on it's own

    Other than that I mainly agree with your points, perhaps they should make the zombie mod last a shorter amount of time - 15 (or is it 30?) minutes is far too long for them to even survive especially when what happens is that everyone just ends up asking to get killed as they can't continue with what they were doing due to all those debuffs.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameZ View Post
    Yep, I agree. Right now it's 29% end 41% cure. No matter what, cure generally will win because chemsynth is profitable to people while infecting is not.

    Here's an idea: instead of having zombie brains being free for all, how about they instantly go in the inventories of those who kill the zombies? It's possible for owners to simply put a magplant and collect all zombie brains that drop as well.
    Another thing: give a period (like 5 seconds) of immunity to zombies before being able to be killed.
    Magplants/Unstable Tesseracts will not collect event-related items such as Comet Dusts and Zombie Brains, they can only do it for player-spawned items such as collecting items from punching providers.
    Sorry :P. Not related to the thread, but just wanted to mention that.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Oldsock (IGN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Sock Drawer
    Posts
    5,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Imho the whole chemical crash is due to the lack of more uses in chems - most if not all useful items coming from combos are cheap and hardly worth to make. It doesn't help when several of the buy+ worlds related to these items are often royal locked giving little reason for people to gather science farms. I also believe that area is a problem that chemsynth alone can't fix on it's own

    Other than that I mainly agree with your points, perhaps they should make the zombie mod last a shorter amount of time - 15 (or is it 30?) minutes is far too long for them to even survive especially when what happens is that everyone just ends up asking to get killed as they can't continue with what they were doing due to all those debuffs.
    I was testing the Zombie Buffs earlier before I posted my reply to make sure I got the debuffs correct and the Zombie mod lasts somewhere in the excess of 20 minutes, so probably 30 minutes. I think removing the debuffs would justify the length of the mod, since the only thing it would affect is aesthetics and the Pandemic event. I get your point about the Chemicals, that point is also true about a lot of the game's outdated features. Though in general, the economy isn't doing that great at this point in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    Magplants/Unstable Tesseracts will not collect event-related items such as Comet Dusts and Zombie Brains, they can only do it for player-spawned items such as collecting items from punching providers.
    Sorry :P. Not related to the thread, but just wanted to mention that.
    True, however some trade world owners are placing Display Boxes on all vacant squares to "catch" the Zombie Brains.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer xolotyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The lovely Malaysia
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    People aren’t willing to infect others as it doesn’t have any benefit,plus people would choose the profitable way,which is by killing zombies or doing chemsynth.
    Imo they should add like an infection count per person,and have some rewards upon a certain amount of infection.
    But of course everything will be flawed by player in some way,we’ll just have to wait for more balances in the future.
    IGN:xolotyl
    Mainworld:XOLOTYL(duh)
    Hello,I am an artist who knows how to draw but can’t draw.
    #earthancient!

    My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh,but my laugh will never be the reason for somebody’s pain. ’ -Charlie Chaplin

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard ArtloS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    466

    Post

    I heard that zombie need to hit human 3 times to infect them. Why don't they change it to 1 time? Since in movie if a zombie bite you once you will turn into zombie. This may help
    Ign/GrowID: Artlos
    Just be yourself don't try to be others
    And don't give up to reach your dream.


    Click here to read my suggestion!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Outside, curing the world
    Posts
    794

    Default

    After reading alll, they should be a daily limit for IP not player cuz alting will be bad maybe 10/day or hour? And yes total end happened twice, once at the begining and once 2years ago in october, that weather machine was for sale 150kgems all i remember is that chemsin should be nerfed so theres balance in here...

    I guess i learned alot about pandemic but yes this is my sugestion (rip word)

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Craftyisheretohelp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    burning your world
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtloS View Post
    I heard that zombie need to hit human 3 times to infect them. Why don't they change it to 1 time? Since in movie if a zombie bite you once you will turn into zombie. This may help
    You got it backwards, humans need to hit zombies 3 times to kill them and zombies need to hit humans one time to infect them.
    May or may not have trolled you in a horrible way

    I love spikey hair!

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer MadameZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    Magplants/Unstable Tesseracts will not collect event-related items such as Comet Dusts and Zombie Brains, they can only do it for player-spawned items such as collecting items from punching providers.
    Sorry :P. Not related to the thread, but just wanted to mention that.
    Ah, thanks for clearin' it up for me. But yeah, some worlds, like BUYZOMBIE, just have display boxes placed so dropped zombie brains will go to the owner anyway.

    Anyway, I'd suggest making it so that infecting others would have a chance to drop some of the chemsynth prizes, or better yet, an entire new prize pool (with bridle in it). The mutated cells dropping from infecting others was a good idea. Why not expand it a little more?

    Also, please buff zombies. It's too easy to kill zombies, and zombie brains are worth much more than mutated cells. Maybe make it so it takes 10 hits to kill a zombie or something.
    IGN: MadameZ

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •