Thread: Subscriber Item clarifications

Default Subscriber Item clarifications

First of all, I’m sorry for starting a new thread regarding this but I feel like we need some answers. If you don’t want to answer my questions just close the thread.

You keep saying that no one is allowed to profit from the monthly subscriber item, this feels very blurry. What do you mean?
    Example:
    If I win and decide to design an item called Lightning Hat or whatever, I am not allowed to lock the BUY+ world, correct? What if someone else already owns the world, are you going to take it from them or will they keep it? Let’s say I decide to create a frog block instead and I’m already the owner of BUYFROG, what will happen now? Will you take the world from me, that I’ve owned for a long time selling other frog items? What if I’m not the owner?

I’m sorry, it’s just so much that I don’t understand.

Update: also to avoid this in the future please just let the winners design an item and not name it, it would save a lot of time and drama

Last time I checked I had: 1,827 subscribers!

they can decide the name after checking those whether those BUY+ names are locked or not
    for this, i think its because they released the name before locking it first causing other players to lock it

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    First of all, I’m sorry for starting a new thread regarding this but I feel like we need some answers. If you don’t want to answer my questions just close the thread.

You keep saying that no one is allowed to profit from the monthly subscriber item, this feels very blurry. What do you mean?
    Example:
    If I win and decide to design an item called Lightning Hat or whatever, I am not allowed to lock the BUY+ world, correct? What if someone else already owns the world, are you going to take it from them or will they keep it? Let’s say I decide to create a frog block instead and I’m already the owner of BUYFROG, what will happen now? Will you take the world from me, that I’ve owned for a long time selling other frog items? What if I’m not the owner?

Update: also to avoid this in the future please just let the winners design an item and not name it, it would save a lot of time and drama

You get to design the item not name it.
    So it doesn't matter of you make a frog block they could call it road block that's up to them.
    It's all outlined in the thread when they first released the sub prize.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Example:

There won't be any name references, so you won't be able to lock the world name (BUY+). Team will choose an unique name so it won't get locked earlier but after by staff after it's announced. The reason why staff took the world is because -player- locked world after it got announced, so we had to take the world from this player to avoid profiting.
    Last edited by ByteCode; 06-02-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Instagram: @bytecodegt

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    You get to design the item not name it.
    So it doesn't matter of you make a frog block they could call it road block that's up to them.
    It's all outlined in the thread when they first released the sub prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    You can't decide what name of the item will be, so you won't be able to lock the world name (BUY+). Team will choose an unique name so it won't get locked earlier but after by staff after it's announced. The reason why staff took the world is because -player- locked world after it got announced, so we had to take the world from this player to avoid profiting.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-Subscription

You do get to pick the name.
    If the developers picked the name we wouldn’t have any of the problems that we have now.

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...e-Subscription

You do get to pick the name.
    If the developers picked the name we wouldn’t have any of the problems that we have now.
    I mean the player who choose the item not allowed to lock BUY+ world, so team changed item name to something unique. However a random growtopian acted quick and locked it earlier before staff so team explained the situation then took the world to make it fair to previous sponsors.
    Instagram: @bytecodegt

Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    I mean the player who choose the item not allowed to lock BUY+ world, so team changed item name to something unique. However a random growtopian acted quick and locked it earlier before staff so team explained the situation then took the world to make it fair to previous sponsors.
    Okay fair enough that explains the current situation.
    Doesn’t answer all of my questions though but I guess they will be answered when they are needed to be answered.

Thanks for your replies

Default Can Ubisoft Clarify This?

Can Ubisoft release a valid statement telling why they forcefully took buydarkeninghood and nuked buydarkening & buydarkenings? We want to know as the community of this precious game. Please Ubisoft, just tell us why...

(ps: i did not own any worlds related to darkening hood)
    I'm idk

Lesser Wizard

I'm sure they are already tired from replying to posts like this
    So here's the link

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...as-Confiscated
    IGN : Opening
    Visit my youtube channel
    https://youtu.be/A03F5ZvPRaQ

For reference, this is what sabaei said: The recently launched Subscriber Item, called the Darkening Hood, was not intended to be profited off. The owners of the respective worlds were spoken to nicely and the situation was explained. The worlds were confiscated to avoid profit being made on the Subscriber Item.

Now, if we aren’t able to profit off subscriber items... why does kairos put a vend in buydarkeninghood? This obviously means kairos is going to profit off the world. At least it’s a sign. And what will happen to the buy worlds for previous subscriber items.

Post script. Kairos said “consider this as a warning” to me in my previous thread. **** off! Learn more from sabaei, at least he could clarify some things for me and give information rather than you who got pissed off emotionally and abused your mod powers and threaten me. Lmao, just quit like kaurkal.
    Last edited by Misthios; 06-03-2019 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Removed blatant profanity - infractions given.
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

My dream items

Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Tell him, "Oink!" for me.
    CUTEEE

Quote Originally Posted by SIide View Post
    Can Ubisoft release a valid statement telling why they forcefully took buydarkeninghood and nuked buydarkening & buydarkenings? We want to know as the community of this precious game. Please Ubisoft, just tell us why...

(ps: i did not own any worlds related to darkening hood)
    Hey SIide,

Please, do a little bit of research before you make a post like this. As Opening said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Opening View Post
    I'm sure they are already tired from replying to posts like this So here's the link https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...as-Confiscated
    , they have already explained that.
    -ᴊᴜꜱᴛʙʟᴜᴇ

Quote Originally Posted by CsnHacker View Post
    For reference, this is what sabaei said: The recently launched Subscriber Item, called the Darkening Hood, was not intended to be profited off. The owners of the respective worlds were spoken to nicely and the situation was explained. The worlds were confiscated to avoid profit being made on the Subscriber Item.

Now, if we aren’t able to profit off subscriber items... why does kairos put a vend in buydarkeninghood? This obviously means kairos is going to profit off the world. At least it’s a sign. And what will happen to the buy worlds for previous subscriber items.

Post script. Kairos said “consider this as a warning” to me in my previous thread. **** off! Learn more from sabaei, at least he could clarify some things for me and give information rather than you who got pissed off emotionally and abused your mod powers and threaten me. Lmao, just quit like kaurkal.
    xd..For first, Kairos is mod from Ubisoft, she is working in their office, If I am not wrong, she can just spawn infinity items, for second, the world was taken by someone who made the world look like this, it wasn't she, and for third, there's nothing in the vend machine, so, whatever..
    IGN: iCZE
    Level: 125
    Guild: Diamonds
    Goals: I've already done all my GT Goals!
    -Max Level
    -Cool Set
    -Community World for Czech and Slovakian Players CZSK (Click to view)

In the future, the winner of the Subscription-Sponsor giveaway won't have a say in the naming of the item. Ubisoft will name it and lock the worlds before the item is released to prevent future issues such as the ones that occurred this month.

It's likely that if someone already has a world locked, that they'd simply choose a different name for the item instead. Let's take your example of a "Frog Block" - the item would likely be named something entirely unique to prevent crossovers to BUYFROG, however, no penalty would be given to the owner of BUYFROG if people started trading the item there.

@CsnHacker - the world BUYDARKENINGHOOD was designed by someone else - the world design wasn't changed when Kairos confiscated the world, she simply returned the items they'd used. It was the previous owner who placed the vending machine. However, to avoid further confusion, I've removed the vending machine.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    In the future, the winner of the Subscription-Sponsor giveaway won't have a say in the naming of the item. Ubisoft will name it and lock the worlds before the item is released to prevent future issues such as the ones that occurred this month.

It's likely that if someone already has a world locked, that they'd simply choose a different name for the item instead. Let's take your example of a "Frog Block" - the item would likely be named something entirely unique to prevent crossovers to BUYFROG, however, no penalty would be given to the owner of BUYFROG if people started trading the item there.

@CsnHacker - the world BUYDARKENINGHOOD was designed by someone else - the world design wasn't changed when Kairos confiscated the world, she simply returned the items they'd used. It was the previous owner who placed the vending machine. However, to avoid further confusion, I've removed the vending machine.
    This clears things up!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CsnHacker View Post

Learn more from sabaei, at least he could clarify some things for me and give information rather than you who got pissed off emotionally and abused your mod powers and threaten me. Lmao, just quit like kaurkal.
    Maybe you should delete your whole reply instead. Removing profanity doesn’t prove your intelligence.

We have already explained the situation yesterday.

However, our team had a meeting earlier this morning to set firm rules for "Confiscating Worlds". We will be posting an official announcement soon to on why and when we are supposed to confiscate worlds to make the rules official and for transparency.

Also, we just returned the BUYDARKENING and BUYDARKENINGS to their owners since based on the rules we were able to agree upon and finalize earlier they may keep their worlds. Anyway, just wait for our official post about "Why and When We Confiscate Worlds" for more clarity.