View Poll Results: Should the new BFG rule stay?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 20.88%
  • No

72 79.12%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [MERGED DISCUSSION] BFG World Anti-Autofarming Measure

It's a joke, the game is becoming a joke, the rules are becoming a joke do I need to go on?
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ynfiniti View Post
    This is not just a problem for bfg owners.
    Agree, I think all kinds of auto should be adressed and banned. Furthermore nowadays creating accounts is a piece of cake, many other games require registering with e-mail and several steps, but not in gt.

This rule is not properly explained. It's vague as to not "give away" for abusers how to run a bfg and keep it while allowing autofarming. But at the same time the honest ones gets dragged in the mess.

So players who behave, who try their best ain't safe. For me that's the issue. And not only ain't they safe they can't do more than ban for 1 hour. This rule is very poorly designed and not much thought been put into it. So why defend it as it is? Players voice should count, if not then its not my kind of game. I closed my bfg and I am taking a pause until we get clear rules that we can follow. Feels more like the hunt is on the magplants rather than ppl using bots. Those will allways exist and do their thing as long as the game developers don't find a clever way to cope with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    h3y i n33d m4g t0 m4k3 345y pr0f1t h3Lp pl3z pr0
    noooooooooooooo
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    Hey all - hope you're enjoying your day/evening so far!

I'd like to weigh in and explain things in a bit more depth, as there seems to be a very very big misunderstanding on how BFGs work. Before I get started though, just a gentle reminder that the best way to give your opinion is in a positive, constructive tone.

Let's analyze it this way:

You own a business and your employee is doing something illegal.

You own a BFG and a player is using an auto-farm program.

In both cases, as the owner, you are liable for your worker's actions. If your workers are doing something illegal and you're gaining profit from it, you ARE held responsible.

"But Odric, I can't be there 24/7 to make sure there are no auto-farmers."

We don't expect you to be online 24/7! You have the option to boot everybody and remove them from your lock before you leave for the day/night. If you can't control your own BFG, you shouldn't own one. Most businesses close overnight while the boss is gone, or they will have Managers available who can keep everything in check.

TL;DR - BFGs are a form of business, as you gain profit from your workers. You are responsible for who you give WL access to.

In other words - this is not our attempt at shutting down BFGs. It's our attempt at preventing players from gaining an unfair advantage through illegal means. Does that mean that BFG owners will need to be more vigilant? Absolutely. But in the long run, this will cut down on auto-farmers and help keep the economy stabilized.

If you have any questions about this, make sure you keep it positive and constructive! I will answer to the best of my abilities.

*equips flame shield*

~ Odric
    It doesn't matter how "vigilant" we are, there's no way for us to detect autofarmers in our world. They appear as normal people, act like normal people, they usually talk like normal people. The only difference is the way they break which is often simulated to appear like normal people. Sure, I'm willing to be more "vigilant" in my world by banning these people, but why is it that I'm getting punished when I literally can't tell these autofarmers are in my world.

It's like suing a police officer for failing to act on a murder before it happened, when they didn't even know it was happening or was going to happen.

It should be about intent rather than simply "you're liable for everything that happens". If I'm liable for everything that happens in my world, then owners should be liable for spammers in trade worlds, owners should be liable for trade scams occurring in the world, owners should be liable for people with toxic behaviour. At this point, it's getting out of hand to say that you're liable for everything that happens inside your world, because in reality, you cannot be liable for people who intend on breaking the rules just because it's your land. There's things you can control and should work on controlling, but you can't stop them all.

If I rob a store of yours, am I liable for stealing or is the store owner liable? Was I supposed to be suspicious of them and kick them out when they could've been a regular customer?

It's the autofarmer's fault for their intent to ruin the game through automated gameplay. They should be held liable for their actions and when they get banned, they get banned. Simply banning autofarmers in a world doesn't do anything, they move onto another world and another person is going to get their world banned. Us BFG owners who ban these autofarmers do absolutely nothing but delay autofarmers from being able to farm for a few minutes as they find a new world to target.
    IGN: awesome187
    Level: 73
    Admin on the Growtopia Wikia.

My main problem is that people falsely accuse me of ''hacking'' all the time because they don't understand how rayman's fist works
    Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    Did you know you can edit quotes to make anyone say anything you want?

Lesser Wizard

Take the time to close your BFG worlds when you're going offline.
    Take the time to hire trusted admins to watch over your worlds when you're going around.
    Take the time to get an actual solution to make some very secure BFG worlds for everyone, instead of making this stupid poll.

No one cares about you taking longer time to clear your farmables. The goal here is to maintain a healthy environment for all players, not just striking all BFG world owners. If you can't do it, then you deserve those Mags. Pitiful.
    GrowID: BuzzDay
    19 | Part-time guitarist, part-time engineering student.

Reach Role Level 10 (0/6)
    Get 10 WOTDs (0/10)

Quote Originally Posted by GRRM View Post
    Take the time to close your BFG worlds when you're going offline.
    Take the time to hire trusted admins to watch over your worlds when you're going around.
    Take the time to get an actual solution to make some very secure BFG worlds for everyone, instead of making this stupid poll.

No one cares about you taking longer time to clear your farmables. The goal here is to maintain a healthy environment for all players, not just striking all BFG world owners. If you can't do it, then you deserve those Mags. Pitiful.

Your being so rude and also speaking for everyone else!
    If you think it's stupid don't comment but definitely don't comment for EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS!
    People do care or it wouldn't be the main topic of conversation.
    So stop saying no one when you mean you don't!
    You ain't me you ain't he other 30k plus members here so stop talking for us we are capable of doing that.
    It's rude!
    You come across as a troll though tbh!
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

imagine hiring admins to ban autofarmers and they instead build a CSN in your world
    IGN : Snowcone
    Level : 86

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    imagine hiring admins to ban autofarmers and they instead build a CSN in your world
    Trust nobody!
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    Your being so rude and also speaking for everyone else!
    If you think it's stupid don't comment but definitely don't comment for EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS!
    People do care or it wouldn't be the main topic of conversation.
    So stop saying no one when you mean you don't!
    You ain't me you ain't he other 30k plus members here so stop talking for us we are capable of doing that.
    It's rude!
    You come across as a troll though tbh!
    Seriously, no one does.

I'm a troll now, great. People always hate to hear the harsh truth and accept the reality, then move on.
    GrowID: BuzzDay
    19 | Part-time guitarist, part-time engineering student.

Reach Role Level 10 (0/6)
    Get 10 WOTDs (0/10)

Quote Originally Posted by GRRM View Post
    Seriously, no one does.

I'm a troll now, great. People always hate to hear the harsh truth and accept the reality, then move on.
    Yes you are a troll!
    Noone cares but everyone is talking about it, get real.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFox1000 View Post
    There is a new controversial rule concerning auto farming and BFGs. Many are divided on this rule, I would like to see how the community stands. Please vote in the poll above to show your opinion concerning this new rule.

More info on new rule: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nishment-Rules
    They should modify the rules..
    My shots find their marks

The ghost watches.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ynfiniti View Post
    My main problem is that people falsely accuse me of ''hacking'' all the time because they don't understand how rayman's fist works
    Well yes that too, it's a witch hunt... the real abusers have little to lose and the honest players lose months of work. I really lost my joy in playing this.

Still waiting for clear rules on this. I'm still waiting for an answer on the level of monitoring required to count as enough. I play to relax, devs get payed to do their work, this rule dump the responsibility on world owners... not even ubisoft has been able to tackle with bots effectively...

This is killing the dog to get rid of the fleas... you end up with fleas on yourself and no dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    Auto-Farmers are invited into your world. They can't be given access without the World Owner's permission. If someone was hired by another player to go into your world and using an auto-farmer, you're still the one who gave that player access to your BFG.

Spammers are kinda like cockroaches. They're uninvited. You squash one and two more show up. Nobody wants them around.

The best you can do as a player is to world ban the spammers from being in your world if you catch them. We understand that you can't be there 24/7 to monitor your chat, which is why we don't take action on worlds with spam in it (see BUY or ABCD for examples).

Trust that we're doing our best to keep the pests out of your worlds. Of course, we are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and moderate to keep Growtopia a fun and positive place for you all to stay. If you have any ideas or suggestions on ways to improve the process, we mods always read the forums and brainstorm ideas with each other!

Hopefully this helps clear up your concerns, SnowBlizter.

~ Odric
    We don't invite auto-farmers into our world any more than a BUY+ world does. Popular worlds will get more spam-bots, and the same goes for BFG worlds. It doesn't change anything even if we broadcast. People will come as they please either way.

If you're going to expect us to keep an incredibly close eye on farmers in our world, fine. I can understand that our worlds should be managed by the owners. Now, there's a dozen reasons why that isn't going to work well.. but let's continue. BUY+ worlds have owners too. Why are we as BFG world owners held responsible when BUY+ owners aren't? It's way easier to detect a spammer than it is to detect an auto-farmer, which should be taken into consideration.

Another thing I will mention, is that we can work non-stop doing everything we possibly can in order to get the auto-farmers out; but they will always find a way to slip through unnoticed. We can put signs up, pull people, ban people, mass-clear our worlds every few minutes. Small amounts of players will still spend the time in-between auto-farming.

It likely only takes one player to get the world nuked. Will the warnings still be there even after the suspected player leaves the world? If so, the next person to auto-farm will have successfully nuked our world. This would immediately turn all of our efforts to dust. We can check every single player, do everything right.. and still manage to get our worlds nuked.

Even aside from BFG worlds.. anyone can set up an auto-farm bot in ANY world. Not just BFG worlds. If someone wants to get TRADE perma-banned, or a BUY+ world that is stealing their business.. all they have to do is set up a bot and let it do it's magic.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 104
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    My Discord server link: https://discord.gg/Jj5hWy3
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Master Sorcerer

All I want to watch now is new player count to drop because most of them rely on free BFGs to start off and that this will affect tons of free BFGs.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

Personally I own around 20 BFG farm worlds and this update will definitely affect me. Coming from an unbiased point of view this update doesn’t seem to bad, but we’ll see how it plays out in a couple of months. If you think auto farmers do the most damage to the economy, you are completely wrong. If you look at your calendar, the event in September is what shifts the farming economy. In all honesty this update will only affect bfg owners severely depending on how harsh this rule is implemented.

Improvement: Mods should only punish the bfg world owner IF auto farmers are constantly going back to the worlds and if they’re many auto farmers in the world at once. Recruiting auto farmers to get a world punished will in turn receive you a permanent ban. A pop up verification similar to the chat spamming one should be implemented if you are constantly breaking blocks in a single spot. This will stop a lot of players from auto farming over a long period of time. Also I want to point out there are tons of players who auto farm in their own world that is jammed. A pop up will mess up any macros or 3rd party applications if they are using one.

A solution for this can be to just create a public free build in the world. It will take longer to clear blocks, but decreases the income of auto farmers as I see they mainly only go to worlds with private rooms, but of course I try to ban them.

Making a level limit for bfg farmers would not be a good idea because most new players use this method to earn profit.

This update will lead to many world owners falsely banning players who are legitimately farming and taking their gems. Their excuse will something along the lines of “they are auto farming”.

A message to moderators: if you guys want to hunt down a lot of auto farmers, go to the buy world where players buy/sell gems and check out some sellers. Most players who sell tons of gems in a spot are auto farmers.
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Well, first of all, take some English classes first before you go around talking because I have no idea of 70% of what you wrote
    Second of all, ofc we're gonna be mad, we're gonna lose 36dls in a blink just cuz some stupid macroer decides our place is perfect for macroing and the mods are too lazy to do their job so they rely on us and punish us when we don't have the time to comply

You tell us to stop acting like this so the community wouldn't decay faster, but people like you make the community decay faster, by ableing mistakes made by mods
    I only play 2-3 times every week or so for a few minutes, gonna be hard to find me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaca
    I'm done. Monaca out.
    Discord tag: Neisse#4039 (Not active anymore but I guess just add it in case?)
    IGN: NoEmotion
    Yes, I'm mean sometimes. Deal w/ it.

Or make steam room doors that open when you jump 5 times so they can'be inactive :d

They have to condtantly stop it and close the door haha. I shall do it.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Quote Originally Posted by awesome178 View Post
    Usually, they call you a scammer for pulling them out and taking their gems and they report you for it..
    omg scammer u is scamming me germs me reprot to seth and hammmumu they ban you haha scammer my mom is benbarrage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    It's a joke, the game is becoming a joke, the rules are becoming a joke do I need to go on?
    obviously.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

30/10/2017
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303266&dateline=15318  17540

hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

My face: (nonexistant)

Default GEMS LIMIT FOR BFG-AUTOFARM PROBLEM!

After new break for gems worlds rules, I'm going to share my own thought. If developers can set a limited gems for 1 block(Like one block/1000gems) New rules would be unnecessary.
    Most of autofarmers doing it for few hours and if devs set the limit. But with new system they can get only 2000gems from 2block(bfg). So, new bfg rule can be removed.
    EDIT: For who can set their macro to put and break where are they standing, developers can change something for farmables, so you can't put them where you are standing(Pepper,chand, lgrid and few more).
    Name:  3000gems.png
Views: 341
Size:  74.4 KB

What do you think?
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-05-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Goal : Legendary | Level 100 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!