View Poll Results: Should the new BFG rule stay?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 20.88%
  • No

72 79.12%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [MERGED DISCUSSION] BFG World Anti-Autofarming Measure

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Going by your logic, the owner of the world will have to monitor the BFG for 3+ hours, the time to finish breaking all farmables, which is a waste of time.
    Closing the world while you're away isn't a good solution because it'd take forever for everything to be done.
    You don't have to monitor it, there is this new invention called Admins. If you can't bear it then do a more secure way for your BFG slots.

Closing it is the only way to prevent these autofarmers to come without you noticing them. And did you just seriously put your 'farming efficiency' above a healthy farming environment for all players? No one cares about you having a hard time clearing your farmables. These autofarmers need to be stopped.
    GrowID: BuzzDay
    19 | Part-time guitarist, part-time engineering student.

Reach Role Level 10 (0/6)
    Get 10 WOTDs (0/10)

Quote Originally Posted by GRRM View Post
    You don't have to monitor it, there is this new invention called Admins. If you can't bear it then do a more secure way for your BFG slots.

Closing it is the only way to prevent these autofarmers to come without you noticing them. And did you just seriously put your 'farming efficiency' above a healthy farming environment for all players? No one cares about you having a hard time clearing your farmables. These autofarmers need to be stopped.
    Sorry but scammers exist
    bored.
    80% to quit

Banned

I strongly agree that autofarmers should be stopped, and I WANT THIS. But this rule has zero logic and looks like one of PewDiePie's 9yo army came up with.
    Instead, they should look for better long term solutions. Did they forget about their Human verification thing? Why not let the BFG owners set it to popup every 5 mins to stop autofarmers?

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by GaysD View Post
    how do we exploit this
    "In my other thread in Everything Else, the scummiest method ever."

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    What did they say? (Use your own words)
    ~No that's not an English writing test~
    The way they phrased stuff around the rule sounded it was set in concrete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    I think what TeeHeeBee meant is to get other's worlds banned by hiring autofarmers to autofarm in their BFG so that Ubisoft can see that this rule is actually a bad one

In my opinion it is a very wrong thing to do, and it may also cause your main account to get SUSPENDED.

Please do not cause harm to the community and play safe!

Corrects
    Yes indeed!

Hiring autofarmers is not allowed as it does not follow the Growtopia Code.

~Tevoir
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Turned myself to ash once more.

HEY UBI, Have you EVER thought of trying to PREVENT AUTOFARMERS IN THE FIRST PLACE? INSTEAD OF PUNISHING INNOCENT PEOPLE?

🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Banned

Exactly. Know your enemies. You are trying to stop autofarmers here, NOT BFG world owners

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Nope, when the magplant was introduced, nobody had any idea what it’s real use is for and everyone was just using it for random things. Kaurkal then mentioned somewhere that the magplant is also useful for something else that nobody is doing yet and BFG is what he’s referring to.
    Pretty sure lots of people knew about it.

Once magplants were added, I immediately set about creating a BFG world.

I finished a world where I placed the blocks in a builder lock area so only I could place blocks. (Public mags were not used yet)

Finished the world a few hours after the update. The world was probably one of the first. (World name is CREAM)

Aand here we go again
    bored.
    80% to quit

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Niome View Post
    Right to the point,

It's a healthy change in my opinion, and overall a good choice.
    If you own a BFG it is your responsibility to watch over Auto-Farmers and Everything.

Pros & Cons of the System:

Pros:
    - Actually makes bfg owners care about their bfg, and overall watch over it more.
    - There'll be less auto-farmers since game dev's are actually taking auto-farmers seriously (Finally).

Cons:
    - There's no humanly way to find out everyone Auto-ing, we can only find out people who don't watch over their bots.
    - Getting your world banned Permanently is not great as well, it reduces the Pool of worlds in growtopia, and more.
    - If the owner of the world bans everyone who he/she deems "Auto-ing", and whoever's left are Semi-Auto bots (Those who watch over their bots), but still receives a Punishment won't be worth.

Tl;dr:
    Currently we have no reliable system to track down auto-farmers as a Normal Player, It's probably better to delay this new rule from being implemented, until we have a better precaution for Auto-Farmers.

I know this thread isn't useful, but i'm just giving my Opinion.
    Hope the developers take something out of this.
    For the pros...

It's more like players are forced to take things more seriously. Not the devs.

You don't have to monitor it, there is this new invention called Admins.
    My admins and I have other worlds to build, items to buy, people to talk with and enjoy the game. It is not our duty to monitor our world 24/7.
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

If my bfg world can get banned from autofarmers, I demand that you punish BUY+ worlds with spammers the same way as you do with BFG worlds.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

-

It's ubisoft's game so its their responsibility to take care of autofarmers

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    For the pros...

It's more like players are forced to take things more seriously. Not the devs.
    I get what you mean, but i wouldn't say it's forced, it's their responsibility to look after their world anyways.
    Tho, this annoucement really came outta no where, and i'm not sure how to react.

If there is an order I will come immediately! Your dependabe Fox Shrine Maiden! Caster has des~cended~<3
    御用とあらば即参上! あなたの頼れる巫女狐! キャスター降っ臨っ! で・す<3

IGN
    Athyst

Discord
    Niome#7667

Me: Where's the milk? Store employee: Idk, i just work here.

I feel like that's the kind of attitude i am getting here .
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

-

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Niome View Post
    I get what you mean, but i wouldn't say it's forced, it's their responsibility to look after their world anyways.
    Tho, this annoucement really came outta no where, and i'm not sure how to react.
    My bad. Word is "pressurised".

Yea the hype better die down.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Me: Where's the milk? Store employee: Idk, i just work here.

I feel like that's the kind of attitude i am getting here .
    its like they expect us to differentiate between real hard working players and auto farmers when their own system couldnt detect it.
    its actually very hard as auto-farmers usually stop farming when someone stands above their rooms and start to talk or pretend to 'manually' break until that person walks away

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    If my bfg world can get banned from autofarmers, I demand that you punish BUY+ worlds with spammers the same way as you do with BFG worlds.
    Can we make an official survey so that all forms of illegal activity related to scripts and bots will result in this punishment LOL.

Let's hope the devs give us another answer to all the fuzz happening atm, i'm not trying to add fuel to fire tho.

If there is an order I will come immediately! Your dependabe Fox Shrine Maiden! Caster has des~cended~<3
    御用とあらば即参上! あなたの頼れる巫女狐! キャスター降っ臨っ! で・す<3

IGN
    Athyst

Discord
    Niome#7667

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    I don't think it is affecting BFGs so much to be honest. We have been doing this since April 1st and only now that we are hearing complaints about this since we made this rule public today. We have been actively banning autofarmers for more than 2 months now. We just wanted to be clear about this so that everyone is aware also because we want to let BFG world owners know that we will be warning them instead of just nuking their worlds without notice.
    People have noticed this since you started ‘secretly’ doing this back in April, we just decided it wasn’t worth making a forum thread just for it to get shut down with some stupid reason. How dare you put this responsibility on BFG owners, how should they know if some random guy they are renting to is an autofarmer, some of the cases are extremely obvious (level 2 account) but if there is some guy who is like level 40 with clothes and in a guild HOW DO WE KNOW IF THEY ARE AN AUTOFARMER? This entire update is just a sad excuse that the dev’s can’t come up with a real way to stop autofarmers, so they are punishing innocent players for something they may have no idea of?.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    its like they expect us to differentiate between real hard working players and auto farmers when their own system couldnt detect it.
    its actually very hard as auto-farmers usually stop farming when someone stands above their rooms and start to talk or pretend to 'manually' break until that person walks away BUT a real legit player might also do that which is confusing af to me
    Machines are smarter than humans.

Ubisoft: I don't think so!