View Poll Results: Should the new BFG rule stay?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 20.88%
  • No

72 79.12%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [MERGED DISCUSSION] BFG World Anti-Autofarming Measure

Imagine a scenario where autofarmers are in your bfg and you got a warning but don't even know who is in your world autofarming.
    Slightly above average in human intellect

Banned

Elon Musk: yeah, we should improve self driving cars so that they can detect and avoid accidents and car crashes
    Ubisoft: hmm, I don't think I can detect autofarmers, they are too smart for the system

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    People have noticed this since you started ‘secretly’ doing this back in April, we just decided it wasn’t worth making a forum thread just for it to get shut down with some stupid reason. How dare you put this responsibility on BFG owners, how should they know if some random guy they are renting to is an autofarmer, some of the cases are extremely obvious (level 2 account) but if there is some guy who is like level 40 with clothes and in a guild HOW DO WE KNOW IF THEY ARE AN AUTOFARMER? This entire update is just a sad excuse that the dev’s can’t come up with a real way to stop autofarmers, so they are punishing innocent players for something they may have no idea of?.
    If they implement such a rule, they should follow up with features to control your world with more banning options etc.

That would be a perfect addition tbh.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Turned myself to ash once more.

In the hotel
    Visitor as room owner (host) : free document here
    Visitor (guest) : i will type it all
    Visitor (auto) : ctrl + c, ctrl + v
    host : go sleep or do his job

Then...
    Host get banned by hotel owner from his room for 30d or more cuz auto in his room using ctrl + c and ctrl + v

That is the illustration in our mind about new rule to ban the innoncent (like owner)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?

Peasant

Thumbs up There is a trick to solve this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    With the new rules that have come out, I fear that free BFGs will die out. These BFGs are way harder to manage as anyone can claim a room and break. Most BFG owners don't have the time to even manage or look over these worlds. Since it seems like these new rules are catering towards rent BFGs, which usually acknowledge autofarmers, how would these rules affect these self-serve BFGs?
    Yep! There is really a trick or method to solve this problem.As you know, a lot of BFG owners will make antiauto bfg setup nowadays. If you want to know that how to set that trick, you can ask some bfg owner, maybe they knows!

Default A few serious issues with this BFG rule

Okay, let me start off by saying I used to do BFG’s months ago, I would run 2 farms a day every day. These two farms would take a little over an hour of my time to break the trees and replant them when the blocks are done making.

Here is a render of one of these worlds:
    Name:  2DFA323E-F217-4689-9F1E-C892823B376A.png
Views: 133
Size:  246.5 KB

If you notice, this world is a farm and break area all in one. At the bottom there is a public huge lock for everyone to break so I don’t have to babysit my farm for four hours. I would broadcast once at the start and a couple hours later come back and find all the blocks are broken.

Now here are the issues: how am I supposed to be in multiple worlds at the same time literally all the time in order to ensure there are no autofsrmers? That is literally impossible and completely unfair to me, I am completely against autofarmer and ban them when I see them but it should not be my responsibility to cycle through my worlds constantly so that I don’t get punished.

This also brings up another issue: people can easily hire others to autofarmer in peoples worlds to try and get them banned. This is the same exact thing as spammers inside of trade worlds, to quote what you guys have said in the past about that, “we only ban the accounts who are spamming and the accounts linked to those, and we only nuke the worlds if they are of an illegal manner” this is the same exact thing. You don’t ban world owners for having spammers in their worlds because people can hire spammers to try and get them banned, how is hiring autofarmers to do the same thing any different?

Also, how are we supposed to determine who is an autofarmer is some cases? The obvious ones are the level 2-10 no clothes except a pickaxe on a guest account, but if some level 40 dude comes in who is in a guild and has a full set walks in, how do I know if he is an autofarmer or not? Am I supposed to go through both of my worlds at the same time and simultaneously talk to each and every person there to ensure they are t autofarmers? That’s a complete joke, especially with this games language barriers.

I somewhat get your reasoning for implementing this rule, but I absolutely hate that you chose the “a few bad apples ruined the bunch” excuse to implement this rule because you guys still cannot find a fix for autofarmers after over a year of this issue. God forbid you set up an anti-cheat system that checks if the same action/string of actions is being repeated in the same frames in order to catch macros.

Anyways, this system has too many flaws and completely contradicts your stance on spammers in worlds, and is going to kill bfg worlds in the end. People who autofarmer will just simply unban themselves and go on another account and do it again, BFG owners will have thousands of hours of playtime lost to nothing because of this extremely strict and unfairness rule.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

If they find an auto farmer in your world, you will be warned, so that means you will be aware where you made your mistake and can rectify it.

As for the 'how do I check my worlds' thing, make a sign at the entrance (visible as soon as you walk in) and write on it ''Be sure to collect gems regularly as I will be kicking to check for auto farmers''
    Warn world by telling them to collect all of their gems, then /kickall shortly after.
    Any auto farmers will continue to farm at the white door. This is when you ban them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading
    -FurtherMaths
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If they find an auto farmer in your world, you will be warned, so that means you will be aware where you made your mistake and can rectify it.

As for the 'how do I check my worlds' thing, make a sign at the entrance (visible as soon as you walk in) and write on it ''Be sure to collect gems regularly as I will be kicking to check for auto farmers''
    Warn world by telling them to collect all of their gems, then /kickall shortly after.
    Any auto farmers will continue to farm at the white door. This is when you ban them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading
    -FurtherMaths
    Okay I appreciate the minimod approach but don’t give me that, I have played for 20x as much experience as you and I don’t need your crap.

You obviously didn’t read my thread, it is a single public area st the bottom I don’t “rent” out rooms, it is 100% free for people to break in there and gems are their own responsibility.

I would also like to say that I don’t have time to spend four hours a day babysitting my bfg’s constantly as I said before, which is why I specifically said that in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading
    -someone who knows what they are talking about

I was planning to switch some of my BFG to that design in your world. But here is my question, Auto farmers' auto farm in those types of worlds without the steam door system?

It would be pretty dumb if an auto farmer farms in that type of bfg design as trollers will just destroy their crib and take their gems.

IGN:MasterCj

It should be the same case for buy+ world owners since there are spammers in their world/s (since it is the same offense using bots/macros). They have all the time in the world to guard it 24/7!
    hi im snow how you doin?

Okay I appreciate the minimod approach but don’t give me that, I have played for 20x as much experience as you and I don’t need your crap.

You obviously didn’t read my thread, it is a single public area st the bottom I don’t “rent” out rooms, it is 100% free for people to break in there and gems are their own responsibility.

I would also like to say that I don’t have time to spend four hours a day babysitting my bfg’s constantly as I said before, which is why I specifically said that in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading
    -someone who knows what they are talking about
    I did read your thread fully and thoroughly. Thanks for asking.

Let me tell you again what my reply meant (A quick summary):
    Do /kickall every 15 mins and you should be good.
    But in case they lose their gems (because its public and you don't want legitimate farmers to loose their gems) warn them before hand.

'Gems are their own responsibility' Great! That means you don't have to warn them before doing /kickall and you just have to enter your bfg world, type /kickall and ban the people at the white door.

I think that's basically everything significant in your reply covered.

Thanks for reading
    -FurtherMaths

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCjs View Post
    I was planning to switch some of my BFG to that design in your world. But here is my question, Auto farmers' auto farm in those types of worlds without the steam door system?

It would be pretty dumb if an auto farmer farms in that type of bfg design as trollers will just destroy their crib and take their gems.
    Good point. I doubt and auto-farmer would farm in those types of worlds for the threat of their gems being stolen.

I did read your thread fully. Thanks for asking.

But in case they lose their gems (because its public and you don't want legitimate farmers to loose their gems) warn them before hand.

'Gems are their own responsibility' Great! That means you don't have to warn them before doing /kickall and you just have to enter your bfg world, type /kickall and ban the people at the white door.

Thanks for reading
    -FurtherMaths

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. I doubt and auto-farmer would farm in those types of worlds for the threat of their gems being stolen.
    Dude you just repeated what you said the first time, I don’t have rooms in my BFG, it’s just one open area. You also obviously missed what I said about not being able to be in four hours a day in order to monitor my worlds 24/7, normally I would harvest them in the morning before I left for class and then would finish it after class, almost nobody can “log on every 10-15 minutes to kickall!”

Once again I really am looking for a more official response, your words are of zero help to anyone at this point.

Other players can get their gems scammed that way. They have to guard their gems while farming. If they can't guard it well, they'll eventually leave because of getting scammed a lot of times + there will be a huge mess in your public break area the next batch will have to deal with. That's why not a lot of bfg owners use this method (from what i've seen) it's not that efficient compared to the ones with rooms i guess.
    hi im snow how you doin?

I did read your thread fully. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for reading
    -FurtherMaths
    tbh I harvest trees while afk, so I am not able to manage my farm, and the activities within it. if there are autofarmers(even if I do get a warning), there will be no way for me to identify and ban these bots. is there a way I can keep my rooms(tbh if a bfg doesn't have rooms, it's basically crap for breakers, no offense noodle), and be afk at the same time?

else I think most people will give up bfgs if there is no other option to avoid a 30-60 day nuke just for afking. I do know that some people "abuse" this, and clearly are using the same excuses for evil, but for the legit people - how are we supposed to manage a bfg, with all of the work involved, AND now keep a lookout for autofarmers. This has always been part of the duty, but now when we experience human error, or accidentally let some slip, we will get punished.

Dude you just repeated what you said the first time, I don’t have rooms in my BFG, it’s just one open area. You also obviously missed what I said about not being able to be in four hours a day in order to monitor my worlds 24/7, normally I would harvest them in the morning before I left for class and then would finish it after class, almost nobody can “log on every 10-15 minutes to kickall!”

Once again I really am looking for a more official response, your words are of zero help to anyone at this point.
    Then in that case, I can't help any further. I was giving you an idea for your benefit only. I apologise if I misunderstood.

As the other guy said, if its an open design then I don't think auto farmers will even bother with your world because people will just take their gems or troll them with death spikes or something.

THANKS FOR READING
    Last edited by Caine; 06-03-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: I FORGOT TO SAY 'THANKS'

Then in that case, I can't help any further. I was giving you an idea for your benefit only. I apologise if you/I misunderstood.

As the other guy said, if its an open design then I don't think auto farmers will even bother with your world because people will just take their gems or troll them with death spikes or something.
    You forgot your little mini mod phrase at the end

Banned

You want Ubisoft to think rationally? Resist this BS. If you try hard enough, any game can be community-driven.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    You want Ubisoft to think rationally? Resist this BS. If you try hard enough, any game can be community-driven.
    If we all unite our forces and voices, this is totally feasible

Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    Also, they don’t hold BUY world owners responsible for spammers; they are dealt with by the moderators. Yet BFG owners are held responsible and threatened with nukes if they have autofarmers in their world? The moderators don’t help BFG owners I guess, only threaten to ban them.
    Exactly
    hi im snow how you doin?

Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    Also, they don’t hold BUY world owners responsible for spammers; they are dealt with by the moderators. Yet BFG owners are held responsible and threatened with nukes if they have autofarmers in their world? The moderators don’t help BFG owners I guess, only threaten to ban them.
    hi im snow how you doin?