View Poll Results: Should the new BFG rule stay?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 20.88%
  • No

72 79.12%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [MERGED DISCUSSION] BFG World Anti-Autofarming Measure

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    I own a ssp/rsp world and the packs ain't changed price that much the past year.
    The gem market seems to be steady at 1k/1wl unless your buying 1 million which yeah will be a bit less but how many players actually have 900/1000wls to waste on gems?

I completely don't want auto clickers but as a fully grown adult I ain't going to be blamed for some kids activities in a game when I've actively tried to be a good member of it's community.
    It's wrong to push responsibly onto players the game owners are the ones responsible for its players and pushing the blame won't change the fact there is auto clickers it just ruins others gameplay.
    Ubisoft need to step up and sort it another way unless we are all becoming mods then yay I'll go around ban the lot of them.

Saying this if a owner is actively promoting bad gameplay ban them and the world but not if not.

They can easily find out too by acting like auto clickers and entrapping the bfg owners
    So go into bfgs and ask if auto is allowed if they say yes then warn them if it happens again ban them.
    Unless you own a popular Rsp or Ssp world with decent amount of traffics a day, the price shouldn't be a problem. The gem market hasn't been solid for a while now and a lot of markets are getting inflated because of autoclickers, not just Rsp and Ssp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    I like the rule, and how ubisoft is focusing attention on autofarming.

However, the way they are doing this makes be disagree with the rule entirely. They need to clarify whether or not innocent BFG owners will be punished(I mean, ofc I would ban people who profit off autofarming, and people who help them on purpose, but not owners who do not know what is going on).
    Innocent BFG owners WILL be getting punished. That is why we are all so upset with these new rules.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    I’m thinking for the majority and the majority is the community.
    And the majority votes no.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    BFG owners should then learn to take time and monitor their world. It’s not a me attitude because if you don’t monitor those autoclickers, they get thousands of gems and crash the economy. Have you seen RSP and SSP lately? Their market is getting worse everyday because of these autoclickers.
    I do monitor autoclickers when they occasionally enter, but this means there is more pressure on the BFG owner to scrutinize every single player in their BFG.

RSP and SSP markets are dying because of big autofarmers and not random ones in BFGs. I remember Misthios talking it about finding them being decently easy on Discord. (I seriously think it’s very hard as long as they know how to spread resources and conceal)
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Turned myself to ash once more.

Default 😕

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFox1000 View Post
    There is a new controversial rule concerning auto farming and BFGs. Many are divided on this rule, I would like to see how the community stands. Please vote in the poll above to show your opinion concerning this new rule.

More info on new rule: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nishment-Rules
    Hey, i have a suggestion about the “autofarming and bfg” thing. Could the devs add a command where world owners will be able to set their world type as bfg or something that will automatically do the /kickall command on it’s own every like 10mins so that autofarmers that actually leaves his gadget/pc (100% afk) and not supervising their gadgets how’s their autofarming is going etc could be cleared out easily as they would be punching from the white door trying to place blocks infront of them and ya we could know if that player is an autofarmer then. And about this command being used in scam i say it’s kinda hard as the owner needs to wait for the perfect timing for the kickall command to work and a second way to counter this is maybe to give notification on the chat like the announcement before gt maintenance thing for every 1 min and for the last 1 min maybe every 10 seconds the announcement would appear.
    Automatically kicking in 10 mins... etc

Quote Originally Posted by Soexkids View Post
    This is clearly why they ask the world owner to monitoring autofarmers because their system cant catch it all.
    lol thats probably true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganxta View Post
    Why cant a bfg category be made on the wl so our worlds can be actively checked by mods & maybe change the rate system if it is set as the bfg category so worlds can be raised up the category if they have active bots in them.

It shouldn't be up to the owner when we have other things to do, the magplant only holds 5000 it needs to be refilled and people also run other worlds too making it harder to check. Bfgs are supposed to make it easy for the owner to get seeds maybe even when they are AFK but now we all have to sit here and watch so that we dont get punished for someone else's actions.

Maybe also make a jammer or something so people aren't allowed to punch as fast. You guys need to add new features not new punishments especially for those who aren't even doing wrong!

Also nekorei if you want us to help tackle autofarmers with you allow us to perma ban them from our worlds! What does 1 hour do. And also allow us to put a reason for permanent ban so that when they enter other worlds under the bfg category their name can show red or they can have an icon next to their name suggesting to the owner they have been perma banned from another bfg for autofarming!
    people would set their world to BFG just to meet mods

world : VEXESGT
    got unbanned, growid : vexes

llc

Quote Originally Posted by Rush
    what to heck
    -Rush, April 21, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMehMeh View Post
    wat in moderation
    MrMehMeh, May 9, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    Auto-Farmers are invited into your world. They can't be given access without the World Owner's permission. If someone was hired by another player to go into your world and using an auto-farmer, you're still the one who gave that player access to your BFG.

Spammers are kinda like cockroaches. They're uninvited. You squash one and two more show up. Nobody wants them around.

The best you can do as a player is to world ban the spammers from being in your world if you catch them. We understand that you can't be there 24/7 to monitor your chat, which is why we don't take action on worlds with spam in it (see BUY or ABCD for examples).

Trust that we're doing our best to keep the pests out of your worlds. Of course, we are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and moderate to keep Growtopia a fun and positive place for you all to stay. If you have any ideas or suggestions on ways to improve the process, we mods always read the forums and brainstorm ideas with each other!

Hopefully this helps clear up your concerns, SnowBlizter.

~ Odric
    I don't invite autofarmers since my bfg worlds are free. They are uninvited pests. They act like spammers they are uninvited pests that go to your world and do something automated and is illegal. There should be a rule for buy+ worlds or any famous trading world that has spammers like there is a rule for aurofarmers in this bfg. Even if we ban those spammers and autofarmers, they'll simply find another world to do their automated tasks.
    hi im snow how you doin?

1. bfg world attract auto-farmers
    high population world attract spammers
    2. bfg world = business more player/auto-farmers more wl + faster + 2-3 hours
    buy world = business more spammer more player + honors + more wl from vend + 24 hours
    3. bfg world = free gems
    buy world = free trade
    4. bfg world nuked = no more free gems
    buy world nuked = no more place for trade
    anyone want add more ?

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Floxy View Post
    1. bfg world attract auto-farmers
    high population world attract spammers
    2. bfg world = business more player/auto-farmers more wl + faster + 2-3 hours
    buy world = business more spammer more player + honors + more wl from vend + 24 hours
    3. bfg world = free gems
    buy world = free trade
    4. bfg world nuked = no more free gems
    buy world nuked = no more place for trade
    anyone want add more ?
    4. bfg world also nuked = cuz owners fault they didnt ban auto cuz they offline but o no they still at fault?!?!?!?!!??
    buy world = royal lock(but oh no, people will get rage!!)/ o its fine they cant handle 24 hrs of spammers

wdym buy worlds dont get nuked unless scam/illegal omg

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    I personally have 1-3 BFG worlds active at a time. I'll move in-between them every few minutes to see if people need help, or to check if the magplant emptied. I keep an eye out for auto-farmers, but it's nearly impossible to figure out who is legit and who isn't. They can easily set their programs to make mistakes and replicate the exact movements of a legit player. If I catch them, I'll ban them. If not, what am I supposed to do? Ban everyone every five minutes?

Until this rule gets replaced, my BFG worlds will be dead. Unfortunately, that was one of the only things I did online, so now I have very little reason to get online. I'm not going to risk my worlds getting nuked, and myself getting permanently banned just because some inconsiderate auto-farmer decided to choose my world over another.
    Agree... the thing is this "Country" called Growtopia is becoming a "less appealing place to live in". I live in a free country with democratic values. So this tyrannical ruling - isn't for me. And luckily Growtopia isn't a real country where I can't leave. As a player I decide when the balance between having fun and not having fun is turning too much the wrong way.

And as much as "I love this country" the rulers think (as they allways do) they have power to treat players as they like, well that power only exists as long as I play their game. Slowly my personal scale turns as I mourn all time and effort I have put these years into this game go to waste...

The sad part is, honest players who put a lot of time and effort in this are the ones getting burned. The abusers can just make new accounts and grow like cancer. They can even target bfg owners they hate (maybe just because they got banned at some point). As a bfg owner I only have the 1 hour ban tool... Ubisoft thinks killing the dog is the best way to get rid of the fleas? Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Everyone except minimods are going to vote for keeping it
    wow i vote yes me minimod? smh we have opinions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Innocent BFG owners WILL be getting punished. That is why we are all so upset with these new rules.
    but it says world only
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Knight

[QUOTE=

but it says world only[/QUOTE]

OMG you don't think that's a punishment? The world has magplants in it. How can you think this is a minor thing?...
    It's unfair to risk it just because you miss to ban someone. We who run bfg and care to ban know we cant watch 24/7 geez not even ubisoft is capable of this! But they expect us to. Wich is tyrannical aproach.They are not clear in the rules, they don't answer what happens if we ban ppl but miss some. They could say they look at logs then that would ease the honest players mind but they don't mention it!!! This vagueness is what's causing all this.

Knight

Default Adress the legit worries instead of ignoring them DEVS!!!

Well I'm taking a break until some care to clarify. Many complain they can't monitor 24/7 devs don't care to aproach this in a constructive way. If they said they will look at logs to check if the owner has been banning then ppl running honest bfgs can ease their worries. But nothing off the sort is said.
    Many are worried they are not banning enough or that they are targeted by a player who wants to destroy the world... those worries should be aproached. Stop avoiding the legit worries.

Knight

Default Adress the issue and the legit worries from honest BFG owners

Adress the legit worries instead of ignoring them!

Many complain they can't monitor 24/7 aproach this!
    If devs said they will look at logs to check if the owner has been banning then ppl running honest bfgs can ease their worries. But nothing off the sort is said.

Many are worried they are not banning enough or that they are targeted by a player who wants to destroy the world... those worries should be aproached. Stop avoiding the legit worries.

Can you devs and mods enforcing this rule ensure honest players doing what they can won't get their world banned? Will you check logs to see if the owner is banning? Or are all at risk? Can I get a warning just because I didn't notice an auto? Even a warning feels unfair at this point. Or will you check logs and read signs in the world before you send this one and only warning?

Because I won't know what to do with a warning if I'm doing my best but still miss ppl.

Please adress this and how you can ensure honest players bfg don't get targeted by an angry autofarmer... seems we have all to lose here...

Controvercy is because the punishment that owner receive. I see nothing other that

I agree with rule no 2 but big nono for no 1
    My signature tells it all in my mind to change the rule
    Last edited by dcArmy; 06-04-2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Everyone except minimods are going to vote for keeping it
    You forgot those players who are just jealous, cause they doesn't have mags ans can't run bfg on their own.
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    You forgot those players who are just jealous, cause they doesn't have mags ans can't run bfg on their own.
    h3y i n33d m4g t0 m4k3 345y pr0f1t h3Lp pl3z pr0
    IGN: Tevoir

Time for a true display of skill!

Turned myself to ash once more.

Can we have an option ''yes but not in its current state''?
    Last edited by ynfiniti; 06-04-2019 at 05:17 AM. Reason: The typo strikes again
    Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    I drink vodka every day

This is not just a problem for bfg owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by UBIDEV View Post
    I drink vodka every day

Quote Originally Posted by ynfiniti View Post
    Can we have an option ''yes but not in its current state''?
    Mate your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's.
    Dont listen to people saying your mini mod or jealous.
    Speak your mind :-)
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by ynfiniti View Post
    This is not just a problem for bfg owners.
    Inherited to many problem
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?