Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New BFG rules should stay

Default New BFG rules should stay

Reading from everyone’s view of this, it’s safe to say that this mostly affects Free BFG Owners. Yes we shouldn’t be responsible for other people’s actions but what we’re blindly doing is encouraging them to continue what they’re doing. If every Free BFG Owners don’t monitor their world, then those worlds would just be Free Real Estate to Autoclickers.

It’s the owner’s responsibility to stay vigilant and not allow these kinds of behaviour in the game. What’s the point of mods banning autoclickers if they know that they can just come back to your world and farm all day? To be fair, BFG Owners are also responsible because we provide them the gems knowingly to ruin the community even more.

I would also support this rule to be applied to Guilds because there are too many TOP guilds out there who are supporting this behaviour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Reading from everyone’s view of this, it’s safe to say that this mostly affects Free BFG Owners. Yes we shouldn’t be responsible for other people’s actions but what we’re blindly doing is encouraging them to continue what they’re doing. If every Free BFG Owners don’t monitor their world, then those worlds would just be Free Real Estate to Autoclickers.

It’s the owner’s responsibility to stay vigilant and not allow these kinds of behaviour in the game. What’s the point of mods banning autoclickers if they know that they can just come back to your world and farm all day? To be fair, BFG Owners are also responsible because we provide them the gems knowingly to ruin the community even more.

I would also support this rule to be applied to Guilds because there are too many TOP guilds out there who are supporting this behaviour.
    But the said users are using third party apps to exploit the game, which is none of us player's business.
    It is solely Ubisoft's duty to work on taking them down, since the said users are manipulating the client which is against the rules in the first place.
    If the users weren't using third party apps, then I would be 100% for that rule, but I'm not gona support a rule that is Ubisoft's problem.

Think of it as layers:

==== Player ==== (layer 1)
    \\\\\\Invading///////
    ==== BFG Owner ==== (layer 2)

The player has broken the rules which should get him banned, before him even reaching BFG Owner. Him reaching the BFG Owner means Ubisoft failed to take down the rule breaker before he has invaded the BFG, thus making it Ubisoft's own fault and not the BFG Owner's problem.
    We can't be help responsible of a problem that comes from outside the game, except if you expect us to hack the autofarmer's PC to burn it.

I saw a very good response today - comparing BFG world with regular BUY+ world with spammers. With your logic, average BUY world owners (Lets take average with lets say constant 12 people in a world) should also be responsible for spammers in their world. Sounds really amazing, doesn't it? Why shouldnt they monitor their world? They cant be in a world all day? Well, BFG owner cant too! (Even if its like few hours)
    IGN: Imunity

"It’s the owner’s responsibility to stay vigilant and not allow these kinds of behaviour in the game. " In the game? Nope it's Ubisoft's job to do that. We are players. Not people that like to sit around mini modding all day like a few people here on the forums today that i won't mention
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    But the said users are using third party apps to exploit the game, which is none of us player's business.
    It is solely Ubisoft's duty to work on taking them down, since the said users are manipulating the client which is against the rules in the first place.
    If the users weren't using third party apps, then I would be 100% for that rule, but I'm not gona support a rule that is Ubisoft's problem.

Think of it as layers:

==== Player ==== (layer 1)
    \\\\\\Invading///////
    ==== BFG Owner ==== (layer 2)

The player has broken the rules which should get him banned, before him even reaching BFG Owner. Him reaching the BFG Owner means Ubisoft failed to take down the rule breaker before he has invaded the BFG, thus making it Ubisoft's own fault and not the BFG Owner's problem.
    But we are responsibile too because we are encouraging them to keep using their third party apps as Long as they come to our world. If owners actually monitor their worlds, they obviously wouldn’t come back there anymore because they know that they can’t use their autoclicker in that world.

By your logic, you’re saying that owners should ignore spammers in their world because it’s a mod’s job. With that kind of attitude, you’re gonna encourage more rule breakers in your world because you’re basically welcoming them to break the rules.

Damn it, i meant to rate this thread 1 star. not 5.

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    "It’s the owner’s responsibility to stay vigilant and not allow these kinds of behaviour in the game. " In the game? Nope it's Ubisoft's job to do that. We are players. Not people that like to sit around mini modding all day like a few people here on the forums today that i won't mention
    It’s the mods job too but we are also encouraging their behaviour if we keep pretending to ignore their actions.

Banned

But we are responsibile too because we are encouraging them to keep using their third party apps as Long as they come to our world. If owners actually monitor their worlds, they obviously wouldn’t come back there anymore because they know that they can’t use their autoclicker in that world.

By your logic, you’re saying that owners should ignore spammers in their world because it’s a mod’s job. With that kind of attitude, you’re gonna encourage more rule breakers in your world because you’re basically welcoming them to break the rules.
    It's Ubisoft's duty.
    They are the ones to be blamed for not stopping spammers.
    I see countless websites and apps that have amazing spam filtering (even though those are easier to bypass than game's spamming implementation), and Ubisoft can't even come up with a simple filter for spammers!
    What kind of devs do they have? A 15 years old programmer would do better. Not to insult devs or anything, but I think they just type random stuff on the keyboard to say "Hey we're programming!"
    Programming should be their passion, something they love to do, challenges to accomplish, not a job that they are forced to do. Ofcourse if they take it as a boring job, they'll have 0 innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Imunity View Post
    I saw a very good response today - comparing BFG world with regular BUY+ world with spammers. With your logic, average BUY world owners (Lets take average with lets say constant 12 people in a world) should also be responsible for spammers in their world. Sounds really amazing, doesn't it? Why shouldnt they monitor their world? They cant be in a world all day? Well, BFG owner cant too! (Even if its like few hours)
    The difference between Spammers and Autoclickers are that spammers can come back in a minute with 10 more accounts while autoclickers can’t because it actually requires much more work to program an autoclicker than it is a spambot.

Also, let’s not forget that spammers actually benefit from their actions even after getting banned because they lose nothing but an autoclicker would lose their gems and all that time waiting for nothing after getting banned.

Yes we shouldn’t be responsible for other people’s actions but what we’re blindly doing is encouraging them to continue what they’re doing.
    As i've said several times a solution should be avoiding touching worlds that have a clear notice stating that autofarming and everything else is illegal and gets you world banned.

Weren't you complaining few hours ago that you hadn't the time to check on everyone? Or is that a legitimate last attempt to support their actions. With that, might aswell make bfgs illegal if you proved so.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4007698
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Banned

The difference between Spammers and Autoclickers are that spammers can come back in a minute with 10 more accounts while autoclickers can’t because it actually requires much more work to program an autoclicker than it is a spambot.

Also, let’s not forget that spammers actually benefit from their actions even after getting banned because they lose nothing but an autoclicker would lose their gems and all that time waiting for nothing after getting banned.
    You look like someone who doesn't know how autofarming works.
    Let me tell you that they can use the same configuration even if they've got banned a trillion times.

It's Ubisoft's duty.
    They are the ones to be blamed for not stopping spammers.
    I see countless websites and apps that have amazing spam filtering (even though those are easier to bypass than game's spamming implementation), and Ubisoft can't even come up with a simple filter for spammers!
    What kind of devs do they have? A 15 years old programmer would do better. Not to insult devs or anything, but I think they just type random stuff on the keyboard to say "Hey we're programming!"
    Like I said, I understand that it’s their duty but we are ENCOURAGING their behaviour and that plays a big role too. If hackers know that they can rely on the players to support their work, they’ll keep going even though they’ll get banned because they can come back anytime and ha e access to any worlds to do their hacks.

- - - Updated - - -

You look like someone who doesn't know how autofarming works.
    Let me tell you that they can use the same configuration even if they've got banned a trillion times.
    They can use the same configuration but they can’t control all accounts at once because different accounts are in different position and the hack they’re using doesn’t allow multiple controls. One account controls all.

Banned

Like I said, I understand that it’s their duty but we are ENCOURAGING their behaviour and that plays a big role too. If hackers know that they can rely on the players to support their work, they’ll keep going even though they’ll get banned because they can come back anytime and ha e access to any worlds to do their hacks.
    But imagine you couldn't ban all the autofarmers (say you had to go for 5 minutes), and one autofarmer gets caught by a moderator on that cycle.
    Now multiply that scenario by 2 aaaaand...
    2 cycles done and your world is nuked. Hello?

Spammers come back after only losing a few spammer accounts that have nothing on them. The world they advertise isn't affected. THEY are the ones that don't lose anything.
    Autofarmers can't make 10 different accounts in one minute and they lose the gems. They don't need any skill in programming anything, they can just use already existing ones, (like they do).

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

Banned

Default Easier to say than do

Hey dear old player ! I see you got rich fast cuz bfg is not your thing. Oo just walk and waste your life just saying hi and closing magplants loosing real farmers. JUST do that, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHA jsnsbsshhs really funny guy, is i told you in the last thread you made is if your toxic STOP and why your getting in to just annoy people, us, in a people number advantage, we do BIG LONG USEFULL threads and force ourselves to do and bring back harmony. If you in sia ´s basement, i figure out the world isn't your thing. This is the same as the civilwar in France. Guess history and news arent getting in but how you get wi-fi in a base,ent?

Now I sound toxic out of a "toxic" forumer. Maybe your trying to get thos thread numbers up?

Nvm you do bfg but support something that will get banned ots crazy being banned for supporting the case of your ban, same as me but atleast im trying to be a good growtopian witouth much effort cuz if being good is harder it means more dramma!
    Last edited by -LI0NE-; 06-03-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Red another saying she/he does bfg

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    As i've said several times a solution should be avoiding touching worlds that have a clear notice stating that autofarming and everything else is illegal and gets you world banned.

Weren't you complaining few hours ago that you hadn't the time to check on everyone? Or is that a legitimate last attempt to support their actions. With that, might aswell make bfgs illegal.
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4007698
    What’s the point of having a rule that says “No autoclickers allowed” if you’re still gonna invite them without monitoring?

I did argue about spotting an autoclicker but that was a response to Nekorei making it look easy to spot an autoclicker. If you monitor your world on a daily, it’ll get easier to spot autoclickers.

- - - Updated - - -

But imagine you couldn't ban all the autofarmers (say you had to go for 5 minutes), and one autofarmer gets caught by a moderator on that cycle.
    Now multiply that scenario by 2 aaaaand...
    2 cycles done and your world is nuked. Hello?
    If you really had to leave for more than 5 minutes so badly, turn off your magplant first.

What’s the point of having a rule that says “No autoclickers allowed” if you’re still gonna invite them without monitoring?

I did argue about spotting an autoclicker but that was a response to Nekorei making it look easy to spot an autoclicker. If you monitor your world on a daily, it’ll get easier to spot autoclickers.
    Stop making this useless thread if you don't even know what you are talking about. Clearly you are in sia's basement.

Stop mini modding too, nobody likes it.

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

Define monitoring. How can you tell somebody is using an autoclicker and somebody that isn't?
    Can you "check" on ALL of them SIMULTANEOUSLY? Clearly not, and that's what we're being asked to do and that's just ridiculous.

Also check is in quotes because there isn't even a proper way to do so. Breaking's still breaking. Autofarmers aren't necessarily afk and they can easily pretend to be farming legitimately just by responding.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Banned

Many doesnt read pr have forums. As we all know, 3dls in the time could make you a bfg owner, witouth being racist many indo players that doesnt know english doesnt care and just play as they will knowing the BASES of rules. Even if you put it down, many young indo players will NOT even know this was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Define monitoring. How can you tell somebody is using an autoclicker and somebody that isn't?
    Can you "check" on ALL of them SIMULTANEOUSLY? Clearly not, and that's what we're being asked to do and that's just ridiculous.

Also check is in quotes because there isn't even a proper way to do so. Breaking's still breaking. Autofarmers aren't necessarily afk and they can easily pretend to be farming legitimately just by responding.
    You can tell by many ways. The ones I always use is check for the repeated actions, it doesn’t matter if it’s random because the system will reuse one of the actions. You can check on all of them like I did. I check on all 20 customers everyday and still managed to ban at least a quarter of them.