Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [MERGED] Ideas To Assist BFG Owners In Removing Autofarmers

Default [MERGED] Ideas To Assist BFG Owners In Removing Autofarmers

Don’t make rooms. Autofarmers would most likely never use macros if their gems can be stolen easily. I currently run 3 free no-room farms, and the experience is the same, aside from a few lost world locks from rent selling.
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 69lol
    Favorite Item: Swiss Cheese Block
    Profile Pic by: ezereal
    Free BFG Service: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-BFG-Service!

Thumbs up

I agree on this idea. Public area BFGs might be a possible solution on autofarmers inside BFGs. As autofarmers are sometimes away from their keyboards while stacking their gems.
    Hello there, enjoy your day.

Default Might be a solution for BFG owners(?)

Could the devs add a command where world owners will be able to set their world type as bfg or something that will automatically do the /kickall command on it’s own every like 10mins so that autofarmers that actually leaves his gadget/pc (100% afk) and not supervising their gadgets how’s their autofarming is going etc could be cleared out easily as they would be punching from the white door trying to place blocks infront of them and ya we could know if that player is an autofarmer then. And about this command being used in scam i say it’s kinda hard as the owner needs to wait for the perfect timing for the kickall command to work and a second way to counter this is maybe to give notification on the chat like the announcement before gt maintenance thing for every 1 min and for the last 1 min maybe every 10 seconds the announcement would appear.
    Automatically kicking in 10 mins...
    Automatically kicking in 9 mins...
    Automatically kicking in 1 min...
    Automatically kicking in 50 seconds...

Master Sorcerer

Default Will there be an update to help BFG owners combat autofarmers?

I strongly believe the ability for more control is necessary, especially since you literally pressurize us to do so for our own BFG worlds with punishment as a stake. With the current lack of features to help us identify autofarmers, monitoring our own worlds are extremely hard.

The reason why this isn’t in suggestion box is because I hope you (Ubisoft staff) already have your own ideas and plans to follow up on this rule. (Tweaks, addition of features to help QOL for BFG owners) If you don’t... Hey what can I say, it’s Ubisoft after all!

For example, the ability to actually ban autofarmers without them evading the ban and returning? (I know it doesn’t exist. Players can evade every ban if they have the knowledge to do so. )

Alright enough of sarcasm, how about a feature to automatically kickall players over time randomly within a period of 3-10 mins so that we can deter autofarmers more easily? (Shouldn’t be too hard right)

And maybe an adjustable ban system where you can ban from 1-24 hours. (Since BFGs last for more than an hour for some)

We all know there are many ways to shed positivity on this harsh rule by giving players more power on their worlds. If you have followed up this rule by giving extra features like these, I’m quite sure more players would be fine with this rule. Less of them wouldn’t become keyboard warriors as we can see from the sudden burst of activity on this dead forum. (I think that was pretty harsh LOL)

If you want to create a rule for players to exercise responsibility within their worlds, give them the power to do so. I believe this is extremely understandable.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

You could also have a way to periodically kill people that rent rooms such as a long row of steam vents that you or someone else sets off every 5 mins of so and the steam activates a bunch of vents in each room where the people that break would stand. People that arent bots can keep breaking, autofarmers will be stopped and possibly avoid breaking in your world while you are still able to rent out rooms.

Bit of an extreme idea but might work.

I like the idea. It loses players because it could seem like a scam, but it also loses the players that will be autofarming.

I've been thinking about doing something like this in my personal world and letting people come help me out with gems (at least once I get a MAGPLANT very late game ) but idk it was just a quick concept. My world isn't anywhere close to done though.
    IGN: dracotdragon
    Twitter: @dracotdragon (where I'm most active )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiBJ5assm4

I own 16 farms with 20 rooms a pop plus a public area in each one!

Me depression! I'm going to put a ton of signs stating that autofarming is illegal, as well as warn people in my broadcasts, through chat, and will do my part to ban as many autofarmers(who I find) as I can.

No human can ban every single autofarmer, I don't catch autofarmers until the magplant is empty(they are just punching/breaking nothing). Neko said that we should pull people to test if they are an autofarmer. First off, people will get mad and call me a scammer. Second, I can't pull 20 people in various worlds to "check" if they are an autofarmer, as this will most likely take HOURS. I have to plant and harvest 'ya know.

I've spent hours perfecting the "nonscammable" bfg room, where people cannot use the checkpoint respawn cooldown trick, nor the beehive trick to scam others.

Soo.. based on the mod's replies, there is absolutely no way for me to afk in my farm and not get banned. Wow, bfgs might die!

Better solution : not run a bfg world and for once enjoy the game as it is without lusting for wealth you greedy bastards

I'd rather them remove magplants from the game, and give pple compensation than the risk of a ban/nuke. It's just impossible to find every pesky autofarmer. I ask all of you to manage 3 farms AT ONCE, harvesting(you can't manage the bfg then), afk(you can't manage it as well. what if I need to make ramen?), and venturing offline/to a different world(not manageable, what if my friend is having a mind ghost attack?).

These rules may benefit the autofarmer initiative, but there are certainly better ways to handle the situation(instead of banning, nuking, and removing tons of players, worlds, and items from the game; ofc legit players, ban the evil ones). The best way is to solve the problem of autofarming, and have encouragement/word of mouth that autofarming is illegal.

I also agree with the suggestions. I like to hang around with players farming, and I do stumble upon people making the session sour, or cheating in various ways. I try to make the bfg experience the best it can be, so I think I'd like these updates. The random kickall might be eh... I was thinking of using an adventure begin system, but that would be too harsh, people wouldn't have any warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Better solution : not run a bfg world and for once enjoy the game as it is without lusting for wealth you greedy bastards
    Let's make a reply that makes bfg owners sound exactly like how you make them sound.

The purpose of a BFG is to supply owners and breakers evenly. The breaker gets gems. The owner gets seed profit, etc. Thus bfgs are not greedy. Also, a huge portion of the game is profit, how could we afford to get items?

make it customizable (in terms of time before kickall) as well.

you could also use an adventure begins system, but this might be uh.. angering to some people...

Squire

Unhappy hi

hallo! im dumb. whats diff between bfg and buying space?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    I'd rather them remove magplants from the game, and give pple compensation than the risk of a ban/nuke. It's just impossible to find every pesky autofarmer. I ask all of you to manage 3 farms AT ONCE, harvesting(you can't manage the bfg then), afk(you can't manage it as well. what if I need to make ramen?), and venturing offline/to a different world(not manageable, what if my friend is having a mind ghost attack?).

These rules may benefit the autofarmer initiative, but there are certainly better ways to handle the situation(instead of banning, nuking, and removing tons of players, worlds, and items from the game; ofc legit players, ban the evil ones). The best way is to solve the problem of autofarming, and have encouragement/word of mouth that autofarming is illegal.

I also agree with the suggestions. I like to hang around with players farming, and I do stumble upon people making the session sour, or cheating in various ways. I try to make the bfg experience the best it can be, so I think I'd like these updates. The random kickall might be eh... I was thinking of using an adventure begin system, but that would be too harsh, people wouldn't have any warning.
    They should change magplants work,removing magplants... Well you know what's will happen next
    In-Game Name: Felixcesar15
    Alts:Parisgale,CesarPlayz,Cesarfelix
    Level:13
    Not Rich,Not Poor,Just Balanced
    Active Only On Weekends
    Discord:Felixcesar15 #1179
    Please Click!
    Click to join the gang
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Cool your head off with some anime girls.

Dont remove magplants, magplants is life for ALOT of people and the whole farming market would be crushed cuz having 50chand worlds is useless witouth mags.
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch

Making bfg lwner scammers when we just pffer free services thats dumb, its like paying taxes but not having anything in return.

#WeWantLBranch

It would be abused in buy+ and scamm worlds.

But still is it have 2magplants you can set it as a bfg.

#WeWantLBranch

Remember when Magplant didnt exist?
    Good ol' times..
    I quitted

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post

Removing magplants won't really stop it IMO, they could go in their own world and get a ton of bots just placing down the blocks and one breaking

"With great power comes great responsibility"
    Yet they give us great responsibility, and little to no power.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

There are some interesting solutions or suggestions to assist BFG Owners in eliminating autofarmers in their world, etc. I would like to know what other ideas you guys have that we could possibly implement. Of course we also want to help the owners to make it easier for them to manage their worlds in terms of keeping their world autofarmer free.