Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [MERGED] Ideas To Assist BFG Owners In Removing Autofarmers

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    There are some interesting solutions or suggestions to assist BFG Owners in eliminating autofarmers in their world, etc. I would like to know what other ideas you guys have that we could possibly implement. Of course we also want to help the owners to make it easier for them to manage their worlds in terms of keeping their world autofarmer free.
    Hi again, glad to see response from team. My signature tells all of it inside my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by JamSandwich View Post
    Are you looking to be banned?

Default Idea (1)

Introducing, BFG mode!

In this mode, the BFG owner will have to type /bfgmode on to activate the mode. When activated, everyone in the world will receive the "Verify you are a human" every X random minutes (with 4<X<7)
    That way, autofarmers could be filtered out because they will have to be on the screen and complete the challenge to continue (every X minutes) which is annoying for them, but not that much of an issue for legit players.
    The owner could turn that mode on (only if his world has mags in it) when he leaves. And, if a moderator ever comes to the world, if he sees the BFG mode on, then he just punishes the autofarmer without nuking the world. Kinda like putting your world in autopilot while you're not there.
    Should the user not solve the captcha after 20 seconds, his ability to use the remote is revoked for 1 hour.
    After the captcha pops up, the use of hotkeys (F1 - F12) directly revokes the remote and the ability to use it for 1 hour, since most autofarming scripts rely on those to stop the script.

- - - Updated - - -

If the system suspects an autofarmer in a BFG, it automatically PMs the owner for him to investigate.
    As hard as a stone
    Web Devops for more than 4 years

Goals:
    - Get 3 MagPlants (DONE!)
    - Reach level 100 (53/100)

Lightbulb Temporary Help Regarding BFG Announcement

As you know, there has been actions taken place to stop autofarmers. Though now the BFG owners are also affected. You will be warned for having autofarmers in your bfg which can result in a ban.

This idea was made a while back when the idea of autofarmers were brought up. It is a simple but temporary way to hold off against long-term autofarmers. There are many flaws in this design including a nuisance. Feedback and improvement is a necessity.

Watch the video: https://youtu.be/YgOb3ld71Ok
    You don't really need to watch it, I'll be able to quickly explain it.

Concept: Place adventure begins around the white door or the path to the BFG. Add a timer to kick the players after a certain time. This can greatly affect long-term autofarmers.

Let's use this as a building base to branch off of more ideas.
    IGN: xKellE | YT: DayZxKellE | Level 71 | Rent my BFG here

merge this and delete the underlined words.

adventure begins timer only goes up to 10 minutes, which is too fast for most bfgers

People already thought of this. There are major flaws though. We have the people getting mad about gems "scammed"(most people don't know, they might ignore the timer, or don't speak the language). This might work for free bfgs with a public area, but won't work for bfgs with rooms.

Also, if you didn't want it to be merged, put it in the right subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    merge this and delete the underlined words.

adventure begins timer only goes up to 10 minutes, which is too fast for most bfgers
    Are you sure? I have mine at 100 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    People already thought of this. There are major flaws though. We have the people getting mad about gems "scammed"(most people don't know, they might ignore the timer, or don't speak the language). This might work for free bfgs with a public area, but won't work for bfgs with rooms.

Also, if you didn't want it to be merged, put it in the right subforum.
    Oh I see. I'm sorry, somebody went to my BFG and told me it was a great idea and I should post it. I apologize for putting it in the wrong sub-forum. I thought this was the right place to put it because of the topic.
    IGN: xKellE | YT: DayZxKellE | Level 71 | Rent my BFG here

This might be the fix, it works out for bfg owners and customers, and gives ALL players freedom. This way customers won't be scammed by the owner's kickall(which is the only reason owners with rooms dislike the kickall to get rid of autofarmers), nor anything, ever again!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...40#post4009040

Quote Originally Posted by GrowStone View Post
    Introducing, BFG mode!

In this mode, the BFG owner will have to type /bfgmode on to activate the mode. When activated, everyone in the world will receive the "Verify you are a human" every X random minutes (with 4<X<7)
    That way, autofarmers could be filtered out because they will have to be on the screen and complete the challenge to continue (every X minutes) which is annoying for them, but not that much of an issue for legit players.
    The owner could turn that mode on (only if his world has mags in it) when he leaves. And, if a moderator ever comes to the world, if he sees the BFG mode on, then he just punishes the autofarmer without nuking the world. Kinda like putting your world in autopilot while you're not there.
    Should the user not solve the captcha after 20 seconds, his ability to use the remote is revoked for 1 hour.
    After the captcha pops up, the use of hotkeys (F1 - F12) directly revokes the remote and the ability to use it for 1 hour, since most autofarming scripts rely on those to stop the script.

- - - Updated - - -

If the system suspects an autofarmer in a BFG, it automatically PMs the owner for him to investigate.

+1 YEEES!! OR ALTERNATIVELY have bfg as a world type option and failure to solve the are u human problem within "x" minutes result in a kick to main screen
    IGN: TinyTimii
    Thx Beagle for making my Signature

Check out one of my video below!

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Don’t make rooms. Autofarmers would most likely never use macros if their gems can be stolen easily. I currently run 3 free no-room farms, and the experience is the same, aside from a few lost world locks from rent selling.
    i remembered someone who made a bot that breaks the blocks at where he's standing at

reCAPTCHA please! bfg and farming have to do with numbers, add some math problems for the autofarmers!

if the reCAPTCHA is active, how will owners harvest their trees? is there some sort of "breakers only" rule? or will owners have to do math problems... I mean some owners will obviously autofarm, but what about the majority?

reCAPTCHA please! bfg and farming have to do with numbers, add some math problems for the autofarmers!

if the reCAPTCHA is active, how will owners harvest their trees? is there some sort of "breakers only" rule? or will owners have to do math problems... I mean some owners will obviously autofarm, but what about the majority?
    i shouldn't have said that i shouldn't have said that i shouldn't have said that

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    Remember when Magplant didnt exist?
    Good ol' times..
    How bout rayman?

- - - Updated - - -

If you mods give a rule for us to work more than 50% on our bfg you should maybe help us right? Theres 2sides pf a coin and for many things in this game, the second is still missing. We need tools, if we ban the autofarmer will go to another world, and then people will start baning people cuz they say autofarm (iv'e seen many bfg owner kicking all to do fake giveaways and scamm + random kicks and beehive on alts).

If we have bfg and ban for only 1 farm, i got a linked world name shiftbfgs woth all my farms and then the hacker can follow. The thing to do is when your category is set to bfg and tou bane someone you can add a desc saying autofarmer and mods will ban the autofarmer hopefully not having vpn.
    IGN : LI0NE
    LEVEL : 107
    BUY+ : Sold buyfrozenstone (47dls)
    GUILD : leader of GIANT (atm logo)

Make this block in gt! (No dammage lava)

#WeWantLBranch

Quote Originally Posted by -LI0NE- View Post
    How bout rayman?

- - - Updated - - -

If you mods give a rule for us to work more than 50% on our bfg you should maybe help us right? Theres 2sides pf a coin and for many things in this game, the second is still missing. We need tools, if we ban the autofarmer will go to another world, and then people will start baning people cuz they say autofarm (iv'e seen many bfg owner kicking all to do fake giveaways and scamm + random kicks and beehive on alts).

If we have bfg and ban for only 1 farm, i got a linked world name shiftbfgs woth all my farms and then the hacker can follow. The thing to do is when your category is set to bfg and tou bane someone you can add a desc saying autofarmer and mods will ban the autofarmer hopefully not having vpn.
    Yes, this is why I merged all the threads providing cool ideas and suggestions that would help BFG owners and encouraged everyone to add in more helpful suggestions.

Not sure if you read the clarification we added in our announcement and my statement in the other discussion thread but might as well share it here as well:

We understand the concerns of BFG World Owners but I guess we were not clear about the part that there will be an investigation first before any punishment will be given meaning to say this will give us a chance to check first if you are innocent or not so we included this part in the rule:

Mods will investigate first before giving a punishment to any BFG world suspected with autofarmers. Please note that if we confirm 100% that the owner was aware of the autofarming we will apply the maximum sanction directly (world permaban). The 4 strike system will actually prevent us from banning BFG worlds directly.
    The team has been actively doing this for a couple of months now but so far there were no innocent world owner/s and admin/s that were punished because as I mentioned we investigate first before applying the punishment.

the easiest way is the reCAPTCHA, just implement it for everyone instead of spammers, maybe in a world lock feature(best way, because a category would just be abused). Make it random, like every 3-5 minutes, so autofarmers won't see the bans coming. Although, as an owner I am concerned about how I will harvest and do these math problems(will it affect slime farms, e.g. stopping the player when he/she is sliding?), but overall, I've never been more supportive of this idea than any other.

the easiest way is the reCAPTCHA, just implement it for everyone instead of spammers, maybe in a world lock feature(best way, because a category would just be abused). Make it random, like every 3-5 minutes, so autofarmers won't see the bans coming. Although, as an owner I am concerned about how I will harvest and do these math problems(will it affect slime farms, e.g. stopping the player when he/she is sliding?), but overall, I've never been more supportive of this idea than any other.
    Captcha won’t stop autofarmers. They are using real accounts, not bots. The autoclickers will always keep watch even when AFK.

I did an experiment today in one of my free BFGs that has free rooms. So basically I ran the bfg normally like i would do,
    but this time I put a sign into my world saying: "Msg owner if you see someone autofarming, since they take up legit people's farmables".

And sure enough like 3 people messaged me, and I went up in my farm to spectate some people so they couldn't see me.
    So basically when I spectate them from where they can't see, they seem to be autofarming, but when I walk over there to check, they just stop it and do it normally. I probably missed like 5+ autofarmers, since they are doing these tricks to make them hard to discover.

I reported and banned them from my world, but they came back with other accounts.. to my other bfgs too! The same people! So, even if i'd do my best at Mini-modding my worlds, it doesn't have ANY effect on the autofarmers at all. And to do this with several farms at the same time..

Even with 1 farm it's EXTREMELY HARD to discover who is legit, and who is a autofarmer.

You gotta support BFG owners too. Create a room design, or a block that prevents autofarmers.
    IGN: Ephus

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

Level: 80
    -----------------------------
    GOALS

Get F eyes: 50% done
    Get a BGL: 73% done
    Be lvl 100: 80% done

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Captcha won’t stop autofarmers. They are using real accounts, not bots. The autoclickers will always keep watch even when AFK.
    If they are watching their device while autofarming, how do you know if they are actually using macros?

The only way is through patterns, where most autoclickers have randomized breaks to confuse "autoclick detections".

Most autofarmers I see don't respond to when I talk to them. We basically can't catch autofarmers who sit at their computer 24/7, but we can get rid of the ones that put 0 effort(mainly these ones are gamebreaking).

If they are watching their device while autofarming, how do you know if they are actually using macros?

The only way is through patterns, where most autoclickers have randomized breaks to confuse "autoclick detections".

Most autofarmers I see don't respond to when I talk to them. We basically can't catch autofarmers who sit at their computer 24/7, but we can get rid of the ones that put 0 effort(mainly these ones are gamebreaking).
    My little experiment even proved it

GOALS

Because they’re not dumb enough to not keep a lookout for the owner.

Might aswell try to ban at least some of them, since banning 1 autofarmer today that had autofarmed like 5k gems... I don't think banning a autofarmer and taking their gems is scamming.

GOALS