Thread: Official punishment statistics?

Banned

Default Official punishment statistics?

This is not an argument, I'm just wondering if this is possible.

How would the developers like to release a monthly sheet of the amount of people banned or otherwise punished for different offenses? I imagine it might have some drawbacks, giving criminals insight into which of their techniques are safer to use, so it might not be a good idea; but I want to hear a response from someone in charge about the official position on the possibility of this.

Lesser Wizard

just stay online the whole day and look for all the bans

Lesser Wizard

Showing the reason isn't probably a good idea, but I'd like to see how many players are getting punished/worlds nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by CacoaMan View Post
    just stay online the whole day and look for all the bans
    They do most of the job hidden, so you can't tell the actual amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post
    Showing the reason isn't probably a good idea, but I'd like to see how many players are getting punished/worlds nuked.
    +1 UP
    IGN: Imunity

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by whatsisname View Post
    This is not an argument, I'm just wondering if this is possible.

How would the developers like to release a monthly sheet of the number of people banned or otherwise punished for different offenses? I imagine it might have some drawbacks, giving criminals insight into which of their techniques are safer to use, so it might not be a good idea; but I want to hear a response from someone in charge about the official position on the possibility of this.

Hello Fellow Growtopian!

I have seen another post about releasing the names of offenders and i will give you the same thought as i did with the other guy Also please note: this is not a discussing i am just giving you my idea of it all.

I don't think it's legal even for @Ubisoft to release names of people who offended the rules - Yes, you can see them in-game but technically i bet they could get in trouble for doing it outside the game. I think its against the privacy rules that apply to everyone good or bad Goodluck my friend.

Your Friend Gustav30103

Main world THORNICO
    -Gulleboi-

YouTube: Gustav30103_gt

Instagram: Gustav30103_gt

About my country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrmuaQrdNw

Quote Originally Posted by gustav30103_gt View Post
    Hello Fellow Growtopian!

I have seen another post about releasing the names of offenders and i will give you the same thought as i did with the other guy Also please note: this is not a discussing i am just giving you my idea of it all.

I don't think it's legal even for @Ubisoft to release names of people who offended the rules - Yes, you can see them in-game but technically i bet they could get in trouble for doing it outside the game. I think its against the privacy rules that apply to everyone good or bad Goodluck my friend.

Your Friend Gustav30103

Main world THORNICO
    That is borderline doxxing and not at all what the OP is proposing. The OP asks for simple numbers of players punished, probably to give players insight and to build confidence in the moderators.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    probably to give players insight and to build confidence in the moderators.
    I like the way this is phrased.

Banned

Ubisoft doesnt allow mods to show tools but pw does, its like a sneak peek when you watch wiker's vids.

Banned

I heavily doubt they would make such information public, as much as it'd be nice to have it public.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsisname View Post
    How would the developers like to release a monthly sheet of the amount of people banned or otherwise punished for different offenses? I imagine it might have some drawbacks, giving criminals insight into which of their techniques are safer to use, so it might not be a good idea; but I want to hear a response from someone in charge about the official position on the possibility of this.
    Hey there! I do believe this would be a breach of confidentiality for a company to post these kinds of stats. Besides this, there would most likely be more negative than positive that comes out of revealing these types of numbers.

If you look at other game companies out there, there are none that come to mind that reveal these types of stats (my mind, anyway. I don't know if you guys have some public info I don't have!)

These topics are fine to talk about, as long as it's positive and constructive. Feel free to continue the discussion and build off of it!

~ Odric

It's more than 3
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    It's more than 3
    Hmmm. I reckon its more than 4.6 actually
    The best guild, guild 'MATHS' needs YOU. Click to find out more!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post4101200

My instagram- bbbella2002. Go follow it. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    It's more than 3
    I can neither confirm or deny this.