Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help ^v^

Default Help ^v^

Programming hehe.

"I" *ahem* got a new laptop. But its more of a family laptop than my personal laptop so yeah.

Lil bros been using it all morning and afternoon, now i wanna know how to start programming. Also phyton is more preferrable right?

Pls help me how to start ex dee dee
    My face every day

Why am I still here? I couldve done something productive like sleeping.

Shading Pack:

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    Programming hehe.

"I" *ahem* got a new laptop. But its more of a family laptop than my personal laptop so yeah.

Lil bros been using it all morning and afternoon, now i wanna know how to start programming. Also phyton is more preferrable right?

Hello Cahtster,

There are many great tutorials on YouTube that will guide you through and will help you understand the basics of whatever programming language you want.

Good luck,
    Cheers,
    -ᴊᴜꜱᴛʙʟᴜᴇ

Quote Originally Posted by JustBlue View Post
    Hello Cahtster,

There are many great tutorials on YouTube that will guide you through and will help you understand the basics of whatever programming language you want.

Good luck,
    Cheers,
    Yeaaaahpppppp, already watching one before i even started a thread haha.

Maybe if you or some forumers know some good youtube tutorials, id be appreciatve for sharing it here.
    My face every day

Shading Pack:

Start with python, it's a lot easier for starters, and then you could progress from that when you can code decently in python.
    IGN: Ephus

Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

Level: 80
    -----------------------------
    GOALS

Get F eyes: 50% done
    Get a BGL: 73% done
    Be lvl 100: 80% done

Yeaaaahpppppp, already watching one before i even started a thread haha.

Maybe if you or some forumers know some good youtube tutorials, id be appreciatve for sharing it here.
    Yeah, I have some on my home PC, but now I'm in the middle of my one week vacation in Netherlands. I believe that most of programming tutorials are good, but they are all different.
    -ᴊᴜꜱᴛʙʟᴜᴇ

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Start with python, it's a lot easier for starters, and then you could progress from that when you can code decently in python.
    Uh huh, watching one right now for phyton, a tutorial by cs dojo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustBlue View Post
    Yeah, I have some on my home PC, but now I'm in the middle of my one week vacation in Netherlands. I believe that most of programming tutorials are good, but they are all different.
    True indeed, but thanks ahaha. Watching one of the tutorials from cs dojo
    My face every day

Shading Pack:

Squire

Red face

Programming hehe.

yep python is a preferable one cause i use to do those programming stuffs on java script and for some-reasons i eventually moved to python due to its good and easy to understand.

i recommend you to watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw if you want to learn the basics at python. (yeah i watched a 4hr video for a day or two just to understand it)
    https://data.whicdn.com/images/306021563/original.gif
    "Our love, that's like playing with fire" -박채영

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemiist View Post
    yep python is a preferable one cause i use to do those programming stuffs on java script and for some-reasons i eventually moved to python due to its good and easy to understand.

i recommend you to watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw if you want to learn the basics at python. (yeah i watched a 4hr video for a day or two just to understand it)
    Ah yes, thankseu, ive seen that tutorial and i didnt mind it because its way too long but ill give this a go instead.

Again, thankseu
    My face every day

Shading Pack:

Choosing a programming language depends on what you want to do, like making games or web sites... What are your interests?
    Instagram: @bytecodegt

Quote Originally Posted by ByteCode View Post
    Choosing a programming language depends on what you want to do, like making games or web sites... What are your interests?
    Most likely making games. Really inspired to create something like that.
    My face every day

Shading Pack:

Start with programming languages like Java/Python (I recommend Python, cos I'm planning on learning it, too). There are a lot of websites/apps from where you could learn these. I once used the app SoloLearn, maybe you'd want to give it a try. Eventually, you would want to learn C++, which is used in A LOT of games, even GT, if I'm not mistaken.
    IGN: Optimystique

Avatar by Crunchyy and Electrolava9

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker11 View Post
    Start with programming languages like Java/Python (I recommend Python, cos I'm planning on learning it, too). There are a lot of websites/apps from where you could learn these. I once used the app SoloLearn, maybe you'd want to give it a try. Eventually, you would want to learn C++, which is used in A LOT of games, even GT, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oooooo, thanks! Ive learned some now uwu
    My face every day

Shading Pack:

Programming hehe.

Python is a straight-forward, easy and good language. Though I recommend you start with HTML5 because it lets you understand pretty much the basics of programming in general. Then you can do CSS, which is a stylesheet language. After that do python, because it introduces you to Java.

Also, it kind of depends. If you're interested in computer science you can take python. If you want to be a web developer you can take HTML5 and CSS. If you want to be a game developer you can take Java. The more languages, the merrier. Gives you more experience and knowledge.
    Goodbye.

Python is pretty great for beginners, if you're ready to put in more learning effort you could also go to one of the C languages. Codecademy has some great tutorials, and UDemy is a great place to go if you're more of an audio/visual learner. Just go searching for the free ones, and you'll find plenty to help you. Hope you enjoy learning programming
    IGN: dracotdragon
    Twitter: @dracotdragon (where I'm most active )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiBJ5assm4

As others have stated, python is a great programming language for beginners. I use python myself to write my own Blender Add-ons to make things a bit easier.
    *Odric told me to change it, no infraction, no nothing, just a friendly reminder.

Master Sorcerer

The opinions are very mixed, but in my opinion and from my experience, Python is a terrible first language. I can expand on that if you wish.

In my school, in Computer class, we were first thought html and after we learned some of the basics, then we went through Java. The teacher was quite horrible as we were just listening to a teacher reading the book. So in order to pass the exams, I had to google what I didn't understand.

I have used Codecadamy for a short while... But I'd also recommend trying freecodecamp but I just heard this in a video and I thought it looks good.

IGN: Triangles (from G4mingReaper)
    Level: 82
    Guild:Derby
    Growtopia Join Date: October 7, 2013

I would advise against starting with Python. I am learning Python right now, and I understand it, but it was not a smooth process. I think starting with JavaScript is much simpler and introduces the terminology one would be using later for a career in computer science.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSTYLE View Post
    Python is a straight-forward, easy and good language. Though I recommend you start with HTML5 because it lets you understand pretty much the basics of programming in general. Then you can do CSS, which is a stylesheet language. After that do python, because it introduces you to Java.

Also, it kind of depends. If you're interested in computer science you can take python. If you want to be a web developer you can take HTML5 and CSS. If you want to be a game developer you can take Java. The more languages, the merrier. Gives you more experience and knowledge.
    HTML5 and CSS3 are not essential for learning a programming language, especially one other than JavaScript. While they are useful in some regards, it would be a waste of time to learn them for minimal usage when they are self-explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by houzteR View Post
    The opinions are very mixed, but in my opinion and from my experience, Python is a terrible first language. I can expand on that if you wish.
    I would wholly agree. From experience, after first being versed in JavaScript for years and continuing immediately with Python, I found there was some difficulties for the longest time. Python is extremely syntax-specific — and it is simple once exposed to it — but as a first, I could not recommend it.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Programming hehe.

Yes python is eazy as hell cuz you dont need 5 lines of code to make hello world program,just 1,

Im bit master of python (didn't code in 4 months )

Rare flex but ok...
    In-Game Name: Felixcesar15
    Alts:Parisgale,CesarPlayz,Cesarfelix
    Level:13
    Not Rich,Not Poor,Just Balanced
    Active Only On Weekends
    Discord:Felixcesar15 #1179
    Please Click!
    Click to join the gang
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Cool your head off with some anime girls.

HQ9+ is the superior programming language

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png