Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be proud and introduce your country.

Quote Originally Posted by @Odric View Post
    You saved me from being Rick Rolled. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by boyinblue View Post
    you're a pretty chill forumer
    Go Where Your HEART Beats ~

Quote Originally Posted by Meezy View Post
    Hold the hell up,
    religion conflict? Can u give an example of it?
    Ur manner and mindset = bad
    Ur wealth to leave the country as soon as possible = bad

No, you just need time to grow up and realize how peaceful is this country
    Why do you even need an example? You live in Jakarta; I don't think anyone who lives here could be that oblivious as to what happened a few years ago.

Do you not remember the convicted governor? He did nothing wrong.

I can have whatever manner and mindset I have as long as it benefits me. I'm not telling you to agree with my intentions, for all I care you can live here with your parents for the rest of your life. You're not seriously telling me that provoking a war related to religion is good, no?

What's my wealth has to do with any of this lol.

I doubt you're a big boy yourself since you had to ask what conflict I was referring to. Lots, I mean lots. You can see the most recent conflict shortly after the presidential election. What kind of 'peaceful' country has citizens throwing molotovs on the streets just because their candidate didn't win.
    IGN : Rumoden

a third world country which is in debt and basically screwed

for short,Malaysia
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Meezy View Post
    I live in Indonesia, the world largest island country with 17.000+ islands, 700+ languages, 300+ ethnic groups, and populated with 269,355,690 people.
    You can find everything in this peaceful country.

Click this video if you want to see how beautiful is my country
    I like how everyone was complaining abt their country and you're like-
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post
    Hello Hello everyone, I come from singapore.

On the surface we are generally law-abiding, harmonious, efficient etc etc. On a side note, singaporeans love all sorts of food, and eating is unofficially a national pastime.

However, the reason for all these is simple. Government monopoly, state controlled media and a lack of space.

The state
    We are also known as "fine city" as anything breaking the law can be punished with fines. For example, if you smoke and the ash drops on the floor, it's technically littering and you can be fined up to $300. Just last week, news stated that officers fined someone for shooting rubber bands onto the floor. And that's just the littering aspect. Speed cameras, red light cameras, there are cameras almost everywhere. *Apparently our lifts have urine detectors that lock the doors if the smell of urine is detected, until the police arrives.
    Apart from all these deterrents, crime does happen, however, the problem is that singapore is such a tiny country, there's nowhere to hide. Eventually, you'll be caught. Regarding drug smuggling, it's punishable by death.
    The news is pretty bad too, with most of our newspapers lacking substance. For example, today's headline news was: "Muslim family preserves traditional culture." Well, it is a special day for fellow muslims, but placing that as headline news really is showing that they have nothing more interesting to write about.
    The peace is also kept as large gatherings and are illegal here without a permit. The political opposition is weak and has no credibility, while our current political party has been in power since 1965, our independence day. If I remember correctly, opposition only wins less than 10 seats out of the 100 offered. The party and the state is all powerful : )

Society
    Which brings me to my next point, society. In fact, most of our goods are taxed quite heavily in order to get the funds needed to run the country. For example a car. The car was firstly taxed when the importer brought it to singapore. Afterwards, you have to pay more for a "certificate of entitlement" which allows you to actually drive your car on the road. *Naturally the money goes to the government" Afterwards, let's not forget parking, which is about $90 a month for your public carpark and $1/h at places which isn't your house. Plus road tax, about 1.5k per year+-. And lastly petrol. The government taxes petrol so much that it has retained its price in SG despite the global fall in oil prices. So in the end, cars cost about $100,000 and the upkeep is pretty hefty too.
    We have a 7% tax on every commercial good we purchase, which is going to increase soon, "to support the aging population"

Apart from that, the island is really crowded, especially on public transport. I'll admit that our transport coverage is quite good, with a bus stop every 500m or so, because singaporeans hate walking, (there's the sun yeah) however, there's just too many people these days, since the government likes bringing in people to fill up the gaps in the aging population. As such, you have more people, but your infrastructure remains the same, leading to overcrowding on the transports. The government is aiming to double our population, and I don't know, guess we'll become like japan trains.

You'll probably also hear that we like food, which we do. SIngapore has too little space for local theme parks, or local arcades for that matter. Our arcades are expensive, with one game costing at least $2, and the game variety is horrible. Lately, the fad is claw machines. There's really not much to do except find good food. The simple pleasure we are allowed. However, since we import all of our food, few things taste fabulous, and if they do, they're probably really expensive and not something we would eat daily.

In the end
    Thus the solution to our problems, is to drive across the causeway to Malaysia. The fuel is cheaper there, the food of better quality, the only downside would be the waiting time at the customs and the fact that the checkpoints are located at the edges of the island. Singapore is really boring and regimented if you've lived here for some time, and the daily routine really doesn't change much.

If you don't see corruption, there is none.

-every brainwashed SG citizen.

If I don't see anything, something is wrong.

-me finding civil servants with "3rd party" companies
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by xolotyl View Post
    A proud Malaysian here,who lives in Malaysia(where else would It be?)
    As a country,with multiple races living together in *cough* harmony *cough*,I’m quite proud of my own country.

We have nice foods here,be sure to try out foods like Nasi Lemak,Roti prata,and many others when you pay a visit here,different place have different grade!
    Oh you like spicy food?No worries,we’ve got lots of them.
    Can’t take spicy food?Still lots of them.

My country may not be high technology like other advanced country,and not clean and tidy like the neighboring Singapore;
    But do pay a visit,and you’ll love the passion of the people here(not exactly lol) and enjoy!

What’s the best part?1 Singapore dollar is equivalent to 3 Malaysian ringgit,so bonus if you’re like a Singaporean or European.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
    malaysia. very interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    a third world country which is in debt and basically screwed

for short,Malaysia
    Fellow Malaysian here.
    But no doubt though, despite the horrible economy here we citizens are living here in peace.
    ~~~~SixFace

[6] ~ IGN: SixFace ~ [6]
    [6] ~ Discord: SixFace#8654 ~ [6]

"Part of the journey is the end, hence end it the way you started.."

I live in singapore

we speaking england

there are cool people here like corrects and corrects
    If you feel like you got banned without a reason, then contact Growtopia Support, be sure to provide as many details as possible to make it easier for them to understand the issue, so they could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumoden View Post
    Why do you even need an example? You live in Jakarta; I don't think anyone who lives here could be that oblivious as to what happened a few years ago.

Do you not remember the convicted governor? He did nothing wrong.

I can have whatever manner and mindset I have as long as it benefits me. I'm not telling you to agree with my intentions, for all I care you can live here with your parents for the rest of your life. You're not seriously telling me that provoking a war related to religion is good, no?

What's my wealth has to do with any of this lol.

I doubt you're a big boy yourself since you had to ask what conflict I was referring to. Lots, I mean lots. You can see the most recent conflict shortly after the presidential election. What kind of 'peaceful' country has citizens throwing molotovs on the streets just because their candidate didn't win.
    Ikr.
    A honest governor imprisoned for blasphemy. Even though he didnt do anything wrong. He simply warned his people about some political rivals using Holy book as politic tool. Yet some fking radical organization held some large demonstration asking the goverment to imprison the governor. And if that doesnt sounds fishy enough, it happened a few months before the Governor Election..

The governor was sentenced to 2 years in jail. He was known well for being a genius,firm, anti to corruption, and many useful programs. I guess thats why people hated him. Meanwhile the leader of that radical organization fled to Saudi Arabia after it was revealed that he have an affair. (Ye s*x chat, he was pardoned but he didnt return to Indonesia until this day, and im glad for that).

Btw. The governor is a Chinese & Christian. Racism..ik
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

This thread is 10/10 my favorite right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357

Lesser Wizard

the last thing i expect to see is growtopia forums going all political
    ign : Fycho

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post
    I totally wasn't looking at what you had on your task bar, but osu? Nice.

find me in steam by the custom url of /shiinayun/
    alternatively, you can also find me in twitter by the handle @hashimotoyusa

I live in Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This thread is 10/10 my favorite right now.
    ikr, lets get crazy with politics.
    Inb4 this thread is deleted or closed.
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    ikr, lets get crazy with politics.
    Inb4 this thread is deleted or closed.
    Inb4 we All get banned
    Check out the Jahy-sama Manga Cuz why not

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

This video describes Poland really well:

I'm so proud of this community.

guys I'm finally a dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    You're a dragon of the circus lmao

#FireAncient founder

oh boy

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

America is a big big gay
    do you wanna build a snowman?~

Quote Originally Posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
    i wanna die but like i dont
    Quote Originally Posted by u/language-enthusiast
    TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
    MAMA MIA

I'm not proud of my country

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    I'm not proud of my country
    Reason:
    Read any Indonesian replies.
    I quitted
    REEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by DreadVoidGT View Post
    Reason:
    Read any Indonesian replies.
    Except that one Indonesian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357

I live in Romania, if you won’t hide your wallet someone will take it.